Thread: My first Pachinko cab and my pachinko takes a header...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My first Pachinko cab and my pachinko takes a header...

So I posted a few early pics on my introductory thread, but I put some more touches on it and wanted to place the updates in the right place...

Just a very simple design using 1 x 8 pieces, basically framing the machine and lifting it about 3 inches up to accommodate a ball tray underneath and a funnel system in the rear.

I had this sitting on my desk in my sewing room, but the weight was making me nervous, not to mention that space it was taking up. Having read about the fellow who used a microwave cart in here got me thinking, so this morning i went yard sale-ing, and wouldn't you know it i found a microwave cart at my first stop. It was pretty beat up, so i got it for five bucks. I got it into a quiet corner of the sewing room (and added my stereo on the shelf below it), and set about putting it into place, while admitting to myself i needed to add feet to the cabinet. VERY stupidly, I turned it on an angle and walked away for a minute, only to hear a LOUD crash... it had slipped off (No feet...) and done a header to the carpeted floor. Balls were everywhere, but thankfully the only casualty was the plexi in the door which i had meant to replace anyway. (A side panel cracked a bit also, but the fact i bolted it to the original frame saved it (and likely saved the machine as well...)

My mind made up, I got the wood for feet, cut it down, and bolted them tightly into place. I pulled the wheels from the cart, and the final touch was to line the top of the microwave cart with that vinyl drawer lining stuff to give a bit of traction, stop the energy of balls that slip onto it, and to cover up some ugly damage to the top of the cart. That all said, I'm actually satisfied now. It has a steady dedicated stand, it's nicely level, and it's in a nice quiet area of my work room. Score...

Oh, and the last picture is a vinyl decal I've had for some time. I'm thinking of it for side art... any thoughts?

(Sorry for the epic story, LOL)
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to sethbramwell