Thread: On/Off Switch

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default On/Off Switch

So I have my machines plugged into a 100V step-down transformer with it's own on/off switch but have also installed switches on most of my machines, and will have this done to all of them eventually. I like the idea of having the convenience of an external switch on the machine (although these almost always have an internal switch that I leave in the "on" position). What I didn't want was a large, conspicuous switch since it's not a piece of original equipment. I considered rockers, push button, and a couple of others before settling on these nice,small metal ones from the shack. They are well built and have a satisfying click to them. They can be placed just about anywhere but I like to have them in a sorta out-of-the-way place. It takes about 20 minutes to remove the machine's parts, drill the holes, solder, heat-shrink tube the connections, and reassemble. I wire them in between the transformer and the line voltage so that when off, no power is going to the transformer as it does with the factory power switch on many machines. The pics show a switch installed on a Taiyo "Magic Neon" with a white sleeve on the toggle itself. Each switch comes with several colored sleeves and can be seen in the other pic. Also in the other pic is a slightly different switch in that the toggle is flatter and triangular shaped. Both switches are the same overall size and have the same electrical specs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to emmadog