Thread: Yamasa Tekken HELP!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Yamasa Tekken HELP!!

I am new to this so bare with me if this has been posted already.

I am not new to pachislo, have had a bunch and am pretty familiar with them but I am stumped. I have a Yamasa Tekken machine that was in storage for a few years and decided to pull it out and play again. I wplugged it in and got an E4 error code. i reset the machine and error went away. Now the problem is that it seems to be stuck in demo mode?? I can't get the thing to take the tokens. I can get the menu buttons to work but can't get the game to play. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Yamasa Tekken HELP!!

Hello Have you tried doing the FULL re-set??

If not I would try the full reset proceedure which includes setting and / or changing the odds of the machine

this link explains the proceedure

PachiTalk Research Center - FAQ - Pachislo - How To Set the Skill Levels of Your Pachislo - PachiTalk

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

Last edited by hanabi; 03-26-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

3. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk ! ! !
    If you PM me your e mail address I can send you an Manual for YAMASA Pachislo's and A play Guide for your Machine. The Play Guide is not in our User Manual section yet. (I missed that one Too)

I am sending it to Sid to add it in.

An E-4 Error is a RAM Error. The Fix is supposed to be "Press the reset button" which is the RED Button on the power supply inside the machine above and to the right of the key switch on it.

If a full reset did not work then "Push the RED Button MAX"

Let us know wat you find.

Spoiler
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i have done the reset of the odds but did it a little different. Ill try this way when i get home tonight. You guys are awesome! Quick response, love it!
    i have the manuals which i got from Big Bear(that's where i bought the machine from) although one thing concerns me, i don't have a red button! it has an orange button which makes the hopper spin, a key, and a toggle switch.
    Last edited by bboothe; 03-26-2012 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

PM me your e mail and I will send you the YAMASA Manual I have. It might help if you do not have it.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

E Mail will be there within the Minuet.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

tried the full reset, pushed the reset button, fumbled through some of the menu buttons, shut off turned on, pulled hopper out then put back in. nothing seems to work. a zero shows in the credit area but when i drop a token it goes straight through. It seems like it is in stuck in a demo mode. the video plays on the screen and a few lights flash on the real and thats about it. very strange and frustrating. i just wanna play my pachislo!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did you check for loose connections to the token accepter mech. Try manually closing the token slide so a token can pass through the sensors and see if the counter adds a credit to show.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't believe its a sensor issue. its like the machine is stuck in they payout change mode. No double zeros on front just one. You know when its ready to play all the lights light up, on the joystick, the three that show insert token etc. Not happening right now even after a full reset. ill try to make a video on you tube so everyone can see what im talking about.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by yose View Post
    Did you check for loose connections to the token accepter mech. Try manually closing the token slide so a token can pass through the sensors and see if the counter adds a credit to show.
    I was about to say just that before I scrolled down.

Got your PM but I thought I would answer your question here for all to benefit from.

Tekken is a 2004 year made Pachi. It may have the new Parlor interface Board or the older style Stop Board.

You can also look at this. The modern Pachi (and some of the older ones) should have a bank of LED's on the motherboard that will either lite up or go dark as you push all the buttons on your machine. With the door open push the stop buttons, Max Bet, Spin Knob, Token Dump and any others you have. And while you press the lever on the Token acceptor magnet in and drop a token see if two or three LED's flash as the Token passes through the Acceptor.

Look for anything that you press for a change in these LED's If something you activate is not making an LED lite up or go out that might be a stuck switch. There might be one on all the time due to the door being open. This will be LED # 7 (the bottom one) on the parlor interface board pictured below.

PIC 2.jpg

Led #1 will flash as you press the Spin Knob. This reports to the parlor the number of Tokens that are being played in the Machine. If you all do not know, the connector to this PC Board does not actually have to be connected to allow the Pachi to Play. All it does is report "Stats" to the Parlor. These machines have the actual reel stop electronics moved to the Mother Board. That's why my AutoSlots can not be connected to it as they are in the older Pachi's that use this Stop Board.

PIC 1.jpg

If you have the older Stop Board just make sure that an LED does something when you press all you items on the door and drop a Token in while you press the Token Acceptor Magnet lever in. If one stays on all the time it might be the "Door Open LED". If you do not know where this Token Aceptor Magnet Lever is let us know in a Post and I will Post a Pic of one.

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a Tekken machine. Tekken 001.jpg I tried to simulate your problem. I did a full reset. The credit meter shows zero, the screen is in Demo mode, the reels flash in attraction mode, the coin accepter is flashing.The motherboard shows two LEDs lite. Tekken 002.jpg The inside of the door looks like this, with three LEDs lite. Tekken 006.jpg The only way I can make it not accept tokens is by loosing one of the three connection points for the coin mech. The first connection to check is on the inside of the door. Tekken 005.jpg The other two connections are behind the coin mech. You will need to remove the coin mech. to check them. This is easily done by loosing one screw. Tekken 004.jpg The coin mech. will slide to the right and down. Check the connections once removed. Tekken 003.jpg The larger connection is the other end of the connection you checked on the door. The two wire connection goes to the magnet on the coin mech.. As I said, the only way I can get my machine to do what yours is doing is to loosen any one of these three connections.

Hope this helps you.

15. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes that's what mine looks like but the only difference i just noticed is that my coin acceptor is not lit up or flashing. I will try to take it apart like you so perfectly illustrated. also this is the link to a video i did just to walk everyone through what its doing. thanks! http://youtu.be/xElAxCFf4kw

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If your Token Acceptor slot light is not flashing then the machine is not ready to accept Tokens which is why they fall back into the lower tray. The lever on the Aceptor magnet should not be pulled in which is why the Tokens fall into your lower Tray.

Both you and Wayne-Ooo have LED "P" lit. You hlso have LED "H" lit (in your Video) which Wayne-Ooo does not. His Pic. :

Do you have the 3 LED's lit on your inner door board Like Wayne-Ooo? :

Even though you do not have a Token Acceptor lite Flashing have you tried to Push in the Magnet Lever and while doing that insert a token to see if it registers? The lever on the Magnet is here. :

The Token "WILL" pass through the Acceptor. Let us know what happens. Nothing, Machine throws an error, a Token is registered.

Wayne-Ooo. If you chime in here can you try to see what would lite up LED "H" on your Machine please. Nothing may happen as this might be an ERROR LED.

bboothe.

The sticker to the right of the LED's on the Mother Board. Is it readable or covered by a lable as on Wayne-Ooo's? If it is readable can you post a clear pic of it and do the letters to the left of the japaneese writing have an "H" next to one of them?

Also would there be a lable inside of the Pachi that lists all LED letters with writing next to them? YAMASA was not one to do this but yours may have it. This is the breakdown of what each LED means. If so Please post a clear Pic of ot.

I only hava YAMASA Pachislo's made after and prior to the year of yours so my LED patterns on the Mother Boards do not match yours to try to figure all of this out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by new in town; 03-30-2012 at 11:27 AM.

18. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The "H" LED, on the motherboard, is the single bet button.Tekken single bet button.jpg

Your single bet button is stuck. I did a full reset, while holding in on the single bet button, and my machine is doing exactly what yours is doing.

The coin acceptor light is not flashing, just like yours, I put a token in and it falls straight through.

As soon as I release the single bet button the coin acceptor light starts flashing and it will accept tokens.

20. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

guys check this out!!!http://youtu.be/4JqNms2-g4c

22. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to bboothe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yay!!

That's great news!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good To Hear ! ! !

Enjoy your Pachi ! ! !