Thread: Holy grail?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Holy grail?

Model C "SUPERBANG" could qualify. I'd love to have one! Nishijin C

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, my Super Bang is pretty much the same style of machine as the UFO so there could be a UFO here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks to everyone who posted, I'm kinda glad there is no one machine that Is coveted more than others. I remembers years ago I use to read a neo geo forum, and it was decided which carts were the most desirable, and it drove their values through the roof! I like how in this group you can stumble upon a new used machine and everyone is interested in it and it's model and what not, I guess I'll just keep an eye out for the ones that I like! And not worry about something's rarity or value!

5. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Icemanabq

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanabq View Post
    Thanks to everyone who posted, I'm kinda glad there is no one machine that Is coveted more than others. I remembers years ago I use to read a neo geo forum, and it was decided which carts were the most desirable, and it drove their values through the roof! I like how in this group you can stumble upon a new used machine and everyone is interested in it and it's model and what not, I guess I'll just keep an eye out for the ones that I like! And not worry about something's rarity or value!
    Now you get it.

There isn't a specific model that really is very rare or valuable. Just look for what you like or what seems unusual.

100 machines and counting...

7. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    Yeah, my Super Bang is pretty much the same style of machine as the UFO so there could be a UFO here.
    One day emmadog, when money is no longer an issue, I'll go to Japan and buy up all these rare machines, bring them back for a huge party somewhere in New York - and I'll fly you over to play and collect your dream machines from me...

But I'm keeping the Super UFO!!!
    There is always another machine around the corner...

9. The following user says "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just keep an eye out for what you like! The best advice you can give yourself! That will make the game more valuable to you...no matter what you paid for it!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

that UFO is one cool machine. anything space and sci-fi related, particularly vintage stuff, is what i really enjoy. i'm not a huge fan of the genre but i do love sci fi art. i've said this before on here but i'd love to see the import records of individual machines that came to the US if such a thing exists. i woulda thought by now that someone somewhere would have tracked that down or found this forum. could be that they just packed containers full and no real inventory was kept as to the specific models, only total numbers.
    if for some reason you ever make it to oregon, you can crash at my place. plenty of room, a basement full of classic pinballs and arrangeballs, and man is there some good beer up here. in louisiana, there was abita which is pretty good and of course guinness (nectar o' the gods), but here it's a cottage industry. i digress.
    back to pachinko, so do you have any idea of import numbers, types, etc? the history of this is what i'd really like to know more about.

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I saw a Super UFO for sale I was told they aren't all that rare just hard to come by.

The really rare machines in Japan are things like an Urusei Yatsura 1 or an Urusei Yatsura 3 (non ST model)
    So many different machines than are popular here.

I'm sure there is a list on what is rare in Japan for Pachinko machines.

Early vintage machines are probably the most rare.
    Demanding to see Life's Manager....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

where did you see the UFO? not interested in buying, just curious. i haven't seen one here in the several years i've been a member here nor has anyone ever mentioned one until i posted the pic from candyflip's website.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    that UFO is one cool machine. anything space and sci-fi related, particularly vintage stuff, is what i really enjoy.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I thought I had seen most of what I liked, then I got Bruce Lee! It's one that I was looking for and worth the effort to get. Now to sell a few vintages to pay for the next one. I really want to find a newer Godzilla theme in a decent looking frame, but haven't found it yet. Anyway, like everyone says, it's all in what you are looking for that matters.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cebu View Post
    I saw a Super UFO for sale
    Where?

I was told they aren't all that rare just hard to come by.
    What's the difference?

The really rare machines in Japan are things like an Urusei Yatsura 1 or an Urusei Yatsura 3 (non ST model)
    I think we might have different definitions of 'rare'. Urusei Yatsura is a modern machine and would have been produced in huge numbers. Yes, there is demand for it, but many of those machines would have been available in the secondary market and there will be many in collector's hands now. The UFO machine on the other hand, was produced in a time when there was no secondary market in Japan for machines, and they would all have been summarily trashed and junked (except for the odd ones someone has grabbed as a curio).

I'm sure there is a list on what is rare in Japan for Pachinko machines.
    Where?
    There is always another machine around the corner...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanabq View Post
    You got it!!

Threads such as this one do demonstrate just how different each members views are on which pachinkos are more desireable, or harder to find, or more fun to play, etc, etc

but it just shows how passionate we are about these amazing Japanese wonders!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I forget where I saw it but I was surprised that a Super UFO was available. I asked about it on here in a forum and was told it wasn't all that rare.
    I'd have to do a search for my own post I guess it was a while back.

As far as rare machines in Japan go I asked Ren at Comatsu Trading about what machines are desireable in Japan since he
    lives there and he told me about the top 10 machines.
    He also pointed out that machines like Urusei Yatsura are very popular over there and people love them because
    everyone over there knows that show.

If pachinko machines have a forum like this in the US you can be fairly certain there is one in Japan.
    It makes sense after all. But finding it well PachiTalk stands out because pachinko isn't common here like it is in Japan.

I don't think we in the US/UK can compare what is popular in Japan based on what is popular here.
    It's a different world over there when it comes to pachinko.

If UY wasn't rare it sure is a tough machine to find. The numbers produced don't tell the whole story.
    Most of those machines are recycled and many more are converted to play the videos at the press of a button.
    I'm just using UY as an example, there are many others and yes they are moderns which are
    very desireable in Japan.

It would be great if Ren was able to weigh in on the subject.
    Demanding to see Life's Manager....

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I forget where I saw it but I was surprised that a Super UFO was available. I asked about it on here in a forum and was told it wasn't all that rare.
    I'd have to do a search for my own post I guess it was a while back.
    Is this the thread you are talking about??

Pachinko machine--1990's star wars theme----cool!- $150 (columbus indiana)

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think there is another point here. If the question was must have for a newbie, that doesn't mean a rare machine. As moparformance says
    " everyone should have 1 model A nishinjin"
    After that, it comes down to personal taste. Here in the UK any machine is considered rare. Except star wars in that there away seem to be one for sale somewhere.
    I spent 3 hours last night playing with Maison Ikkoku, and although didn't get ootari it was a fun time. Considering its probably the only one in the Uk too, It's not going to a new home any time soon. Yes it's rare here, but that doesn't mean it's a must have, I like it because I love the theme. Have the manga books and enjoyed the anime. If Hanabi had it, she might not enjoy it as much as I do. But I guess for any modern must have I'd have to join the club and go...

Cutie Honey

They are out there. One guy got it for $14 at a flea market last year.
    Its down to patience and having the money at the right time.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 03-27-2012 at 07:34 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

25. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think these machines are going to be harder to find , maybe because of what happened in japan .The parlors probably have to hold on to the machines longer because of shortages of supply within the country.I know I won't let my machines go simply because I can't replace them for what I paid for them.Values change with supply and demand .
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I want a pre-war machine. Just one. Any one.

28. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Rival

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2