Thread: Maharaja Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Maharaja Pachinko

Hi all new to the group. I purchased 3 pachinkos to start with. Star wars, Jurassic park, and Maharaja.
    When I turn on the Maharaja it seems to have a fan behind the cell in the back of the machine. The fan is rather noisy and I wonder is there any way to cure this?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Maharaja Pachinko

I don't notice the fan on mine, but the disco ball spinning is on the noisy side. Great 3 machines BTW!
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Maybe that noise is the payout motor. Some of them make quite a bit of noise.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is definately a cooling fan motor. It is about 2 inches by 2 inches square black cased fan...Comes on when the machine is turned on and stays on while powered up. Once powered down it runs for about 2 seconds and then shuts down. Its not a deal breaker but it reminds me of a cheap computer cooling fan.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

That fan is to keep the hard working cpu/graphics processors from burning out . My "Enter the Matrix " Pachinko has 5 each 30mm server fans going to keep the dual layer 15 inch LCD and all the toys working right for a hard use in the Japanese Parlors .
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/mode...-matrix-2.html

Last edited by takethecastle57; 03-21-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

7. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OMG That machine is awesome and I love that song. How much is one of the Matrix machines? I have got to get one.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

http://www.custompachinko.com/
    Last edited by takethecastle57; 03-21-2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I really think I am going nuts already. I have my 4th machine comming and will probably get that matrix machine next. I have collected Pinball machines for about 10 years now and even built a custom hyperpin machine. I never thought something like a pachinko machine would be so addictive. My pinball buddies don`t get it but something about the music and all of the lights and video is really awesome. Pinball has been a passion of mine for a while and the good side of pachinko is that they are cheaper than a full sized DMD pinball machine so now the only issue I am going to have is not enough wall space to mount all of the ones I want

13. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to awassig

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I forgot to mention that I also have a 1970's Bally Home "Fireball" Pinball (project) and a cocktail table pinball "Roy Clark , Entertainer " pinball and a ton of Virtual pinball tables on my laptop computer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by awassig View Post
    Hi all new to the group. I purchased 3 pachinkos to start with. Star wars, Jurassic park, and Maharaja.
    When I turn on the Maharaja it seems to have a fan behind the cell in the back of the machine. The fan is rather noisy and I wonder is there any way to cure this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdice View Post
    I don't notice the fan on mine, but the disco ball spinning is on the noisy side. Great 3 machines BTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by awassig View Post
    It is definately a cooling fan motor. It is about 2 inches by 2 inches square black cased fan...Comes on when the machine is turned on and stays on while powered up. Once powered down it runs for about 2 seconds and then shuts down. Its not a deal breaker but it reminds me of a cheap computer cooling fan.
    hello and Welcome to PachiTalk!!

It's been a while since I played my 'Maharaja' it is stored at the moment, so I can't easily go check, but I do remember that it is one of the noisier pachinkos in my collection in regards to what I call 'machine noise'

I suppose it depends on how loud you have the volume set, as to how noticeable the 'machine noise' is above the game sound. Obviously in Pachinko Parlours these are extremely LOUD machines and packed in rows in parlours, different machines competing in noise levels and so machine noise wouldn't be as noticeable as it may be in the home environment

Like Chris has said, I also noticed what I presume is the motor for the Disco Ball is quite loud but once you get playing it gets drowned out by the awesome soundtrack of 'Maharaja'

I think as you get more of these 'moderns' into your collection you will probably find that quite a few are 'noisy', as it becomes normal. I think we sort of get used to it after a while and so it isn't that noticeable.

I am due to get another couple of my pachinkos out of storage soon, for testing and if 'Maharja' is one of them then I'll double check the 'fan' noise and report back, not sure when that will be though, but in the meantime, other owners may post with their experience.

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its the fan... As one of the resident computer geeks around here. I know which fans are quiet and which are not and which CAN NOT Be do to cooling requirements...
    I WILL Warn you too the Matrix can be a bit noisy BUT once you start playing etc. you stop hearing the fan noise trust me !
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all of the info...I figure I can learn to live with the noise as these machines are soo cool I will probaby just adapt to it and not even notice it anymore...Just like not changing the batteries in my smoke detector in my house and hearing the beep every few minutes.