Thread: WTB: Zizzle Pinball or other 3/4 size pinball

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default WTB: Zizzle Pinball or other 3/4 size pinball

Hi folks! I'm a new member here, located in Northern Florida. I'm currently looking for a Zizzle pinball machine, or any other sort of 3/4 sized pinball table, such as Star Galaxy. Does anybody have one? I'll gladly pick up within a few hours drive, or pay to have it shipped.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: WTB: Zizzle Pinball or other 3/4 size pinball

I dont have a pinball but wanted to say

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

check out this: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...d28ade34820130
    its the google group recgroupspinball "forum". it's not moderated so anything goes and it's the single best resource for anything pinball related. the above link and it's replies don't really paint a pretty pic for zizzle's. if the link doesn't work then do a search on the forum for zizzle.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

4. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the only thing i didn't like about my Zizzle was the gap between the flippers, too easy to lose a ball.

and if you shot the ball full strength most of the time you lost it.

lights, ramp and sounds were excellent
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

6. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    check out this: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...d28ade34820130
    its the google group recgroupspinball "forum". it's not moderated so anything goes and it's the single best resource for anything pinball related. the above link and it's replies don't really paint a pretty pic for zizzle's. if the link doesn't work then do a search on the forum for zizzle.
    Oh, don't worrry, I'm fully aware of the reputation of these machines, and I'm also quite familiar with usenet discussion groups. I've just avoided asking there, because yeah, I'd just get run off. They don't take kindly to these things, but hey, you can find this sort of elitism about anything online, and they're entitled to it.

I'm working on a very small gameroom at the moment, and frankly, I just don't want to commit to a real pin at the moment (though I absolutely want to get into some real project machines at some point down the road), but I want something to play and add variety to the room, so Zizzle seemed like a good solution for now.

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Cedge

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Cedge View Post
    Oh, don't worrry, I'm fully aware of the reputation of these machines, and I'm also quite familiar with usenet discussion groups. I've just avoided asking there, because yeah, I'd just get run off. They don't take kindly to these things, but hey, you can find this sort of elitism about anything online, and they're entitled to it.

I'm working on a very small gameroom at the moment, and frankly, I just don't want to commit to a real pin at the moment (though I absolutely want to get into some real project machines at some point down the road), but I want something to play and add variety to the room, so Zizzle seemed like a good solution for now.
    Welcome to PachiTalk!!

I have a couple of full size pinballs in my collection, and would love to add more but lack of space (and money ) means it hasn't happened yet...

A zizzle would be a fun compromise I think, although I've never played one myself, I did look into them a couple of years ago, and yes they do seem to attract negative remarks from those 'real pinball' enthusiasts, then again so do my pinball 2000 models, and they are fantastic fun to play so I'm thinking a Zizzle is likely to be more fun than the comments elsewhere would have you think

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

10. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

I've always loved my Zizzle..I read a lot of crap about them before I got it but after actually playing it I have no clue why people hate on them so much..No its not a full size pinball, but I wasn't going to be able to buy a new "real" pinball for $150 was I..

I was worried about the flippers too far apart thing before I got it, but I never noticed a problem once I played it??

I do wish I had one of the newer versions with the extra lights, but other than that I think its Rad!!

I hope you can find one!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are you anywhere near Jax?

I've got one of the Marvel ones. Been meaning to buy one of those bumper pegs (don't know the right name) to put between the flippers but haven't gotten around to it yet. Like Stuey said, for the price, can't be beat.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ikaria View Post
    Are you anywhere near Jax?
    I'm a couple hours drive from there.

It's a bummer, because it looks like I just missed several good nearby deals, on several sites. Gonna keep looking, though.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This thread inspired me to do a little research on these pins. For the price they look pretty nice but...are they still being sold anywhere? Is Zizzle still in business? I hope so since their next project was supposed to have a classic Atari theme and I'd be all over that. Sorry to hijack...but perhaps some discussion on these can increase the likelihood of the OP finding one.

Bob
    Bob's Tiki BarCade: Home to Arcade Machines, Pachis, Collectibles, and a Massive amount of Polynesian Kitsch. All together in one room.....because that's the only place she'll let me keep it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

17. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think Zizzle went out of business..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    Thanks. I've been watching eBay like a hawk, but hadn't seen this listing yet. I'll be keeping an eye on that one, for sure.

They're definitely available, but I'm just waiting for the right deal, now. Not to be a cheapskate, it's just that it's hard to justify spending more than $250 or so for one of these, when you can get a fixer-upper full-size machine for twice that, if you're lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    I think Zizzle went out of business..
    Yup, sometime in late 2009, I believe. Too bad, because the Atari version they were working on at the time was actually the most appealing art package they'd come up with yet, to me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Cedge View Post
    Not to be a cheapskate, it's just that it's hard to justify spending more than $250 or so for one of these, when you can get a fixer-upper full-size machine for twice that, if you're lucky.
    I can't say that I blame you for being frugal with it. You are right that you can pick up a fixer upper or a working EM machine in the 250-300 range (if you're lucky). The zizzle machines were always a consideration for my kids' playroom but the build quality was always a concern, especially when you consider that kids would be using it. Some youtube searches brought up some interesting mods done on these machines but, unless you like the themes, they are not for everyone. BTW, do all of the zizzle machines have the same layout? I can't see any real difference in the way the playfields look on these.

Bob
    Bob's Tiki BarCade: Home to Arcade Machines, Pachis, Collectibles, and a Massive amount of Polynesian Kitsch. All together in one room.....because that's the only place she'll let me keep it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by bob5150 View Post
    BTW, do all of the zizzle machines have the same layout?
    Yup. Even the Atari one was going to be the same, had it actually reached market. They made a couple tiny tweaks between the Generation 1 and Generation 2 machines, but the table layout and gameplay is pretty much the exact same.

Makes me wonder how they managed to go under so fast, since they couldn't have been spending that much R&D budget just slapping a new art package on the same table over and over.