Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Satomi Arrangeball is home!!!

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Satomi Arrangeball is home!!!

P3056339.jpgP3056338.jpgP3056344.jpgP3056343.jpgP3056342.jpgP3056341.jpgP3056340.jpgP3056335.jpgP3056345.jpg

Ok here are my pictures. You should note that when the switch above the cellonoid is in the up position it is off and the cellonoid does not work. Hope some of this helps. If you need more pictures let me know. Don
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You need to let us look under the board at the top and see if you have any lights in the board that is their. The sleeves are easy to make and their have been posts before on how to make your own. If you try and buy them from YJA they are expensive. The home made ones work just as well and you cannot see them anyway. If you would like send me a private mail with your phone number and I would be happy to call you and discuss or try and help anyways I can. I do not pay for the minutes on my long distance so it would be not cost me anything.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    hmm that's interesting. i've never seen an arrange ball where you had to press the button each time for a token. i wonder if that's intentional or a fault with a board? i had the silver labels on the yellow cartridges translated and they basically state that the "amps" as they're called, should be replaced for various conditions. one of which was faulty payouts. of course that may or not be the problem if it is in fact a problem and replacing the boards now would mean sending it off to have a copy made. anyway, it's basically still working so that's good.
    any ideas on the ball release solenoid? that switch may have something to do with it. also, there's a switch near the coin mech that when toggled will cause the ball release solenoid to activate. i'm not sure what else if anything that it does but you could try that and see what happens.
    the pics are of the lion pocket. his eyes are pendulums and swing when a ball goes in thru the sides or top which then light up, pay out 1, and light the 7. i've got LEDs in this machine and you can see how nice and bright they are yet still retain the color of the original bulbs with no heat. last pic is of sticker next to coin insert that explains how moving the small bolt restricts the size of the coin that the player can deposit.
    other pic is of the switch near coin entrance mech mounted to rear wall.
    I noticed the switch near the coin mech, however it does not move. It could be seized up and that may be what is causing my problem. I will focus on it more when I get home.

coin mech switch.jpg
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Teddy View Post
    You need to let us look under the board at the top and see if you have any lights in the board that is their. The sleeves are easy to make and their have been posts before on how to make your own. If you try and buy them from YJA they are expensive. The home made ones work just as well and you cannot see them anyway. If you would like send me a private mail with your phone number and I would be happy to call you and discuss or try and help anyways I can. I do not pay for the minutes on my long distance so it would be not cost me anything.
    Theses are pictures of both sides of the top board that is missing bulbs:

DSCF2098.jpgDSCF2099.jpg

It appears to use the same type bulb as the grid display shown in these pictures:

DSCF2113.jpgDSCF2114.jpg

All of these bulbs are working perfectly.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok here are my pictures. You should note that when the switch above the cellonoid is in the up position it is off and the cellonoid does not work. Hope some of this helps. If you need more pictures let me know. Don

I will make sure my switch above the solenoid is in the down position when I get home.

that's a link to the thread i started when i received my machine. in it are the translations for the cartridges and i also state that the toggle switch next to the ball drop solenoid pays out the last amount won. i don't know where i got that from so i went to double check it. either i was wrong or my machine has changed (which i highly doubt) but what that switch does do is to disable the ball drop solenoid which makes sense because it's inline with the wires that power it. it was probably done so that the machine could be worked on without having the machine payout.
    also FYI, the red ball guides at the base of the ball tracks can be adjusted to enable or disable the ball return pockets on either side of the row of pockets. loosen the screw and slide either way.

Thank you. It looked to me like the a switch above the ball drop solenoid was to disable it, based on the way it was wired. I did notice red guides on the sides, currently I am choosing to leave them open.
    Last edited by Card Shark; 03-05-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it always amazes me that people can design something this complicated
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    Theses are pictures of both sides of the top board that is missing bulbs:

It appears to use the same type bulb as the grid display shown in these pictures:

All of these bulbs are working perfectly.

Ok now I can see that you just have no lights or sleeves at the top. You need to order some lights and make some homemade sleeves. You could take one of the lights and the sleeve with it and place it on the middle peg on the light bar and put the a ball in the four middle lights on your board and see if it lights up. It should. You just need to find some small wire with two lines and pull the wire out. You then cut it the same length of the little sleeves you have their and insert you lights threw the sleeve and place on the prongs. Needs to be a tight fit so they will connect. Make sure that you cut the extra wire off of the lights before attaching them to the prongs. Saves arc overs.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had my machine on location for a month long work trip some time ago and it got lots of play. With the guides open it is a pretty loose machine which to me is fun. I did tweak the nails a bit though to decrease the player's odds a bit. Eddie noticed the inherent "looseness" on his machine as well in another thread.
    just go thru all the suggestions here and post back the results.
    Last edited by emmadog; 03-05-2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I use both 2182 and 2187 from bulb town for my lights. .
    all the wheat bulbs are the same in your machine.. as for what ones are right its a bit of trial and error. some machines work better with one others work better with the other

Lt did i mark your machine when i put bulbs in it???
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

interior pics of mine showing some differences. mine has 3 transformers and has the wall mount type light switch. some have that and some don't. also is a pic of the LEDs for the number matrix. score light bar also has them and one with a flexible head is behind the lion pocket .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No I could not find any and looked for the marking.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I pulled out the switch next to the coin mech and flipped the switch by the ball release solenoid down. The machine now releases the balls properly. I took bulbs from the matrix and put them in the payout lights up top. Horizontal rows light up the twos, verticle rows light up the ones, and the four center lights up the three. I still have to hold the payout button down and it always pays five. I turned off the machine and removed cartridge B, then replaced the cartridge and now it pays out continuously while holding the payout button until all tokens are dispensed. I then switched it back to five and it is back to dispensing five whether a winning combination is reached or not. I am afraid I have the same circuit board problem that was described in the other thread. I am guessing I will need to send the cartridges out to have them reworked.
    I am going by a lighting supply store tomorrow to get more bulbs. I wonder if someone removed the payout bulbs due to the payout being inaccurate. I really like the idea of converting to LEDs but that will be a later project when everything else is done. I have another question. I am online with my iPad, so I cannot post a picture. However if you look at my earlier pictures, there is a bulb mounted below the matrix, I cannot come up with anything to cause it to light and am not sure what it would do. It has a piece of red plexiglas in front of it. I am guessing if I had the dog or lion tulip, this would be what makes his eyes glow red. The bulb may be burned out, I will try to get a replacement for it as well tomorrow. However, I am not sure other than sending a red glow coming out of my tulip, what it would do. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Card Shark; 03-05-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Maybe we are having a miscommunication here. If you light up only one row of lights with four balls what does that pay. It sounds like to me you are getting to many rows lit. Will send you a private mail. Don
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The light behind your tulip pocket lights for each token paid out whether it's at the end if the game or when a ball goes in the tulip. What you're describing sounds like one of the conditions on the cartridge replacement label. Since you have a schematic you can bring it to someone local that knows how to test and repair circuit boards. Other option is to send it to a repair service specializing in this type of work. If your machine pays 2 on the horizontal then I don't think it pays on the diagonals. Of course that could be related to the possible circuit board issue.
    Last edited by emmadog; 03-05-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You have nine combinations of payouts on that machine they are:

pays two for each horizontal line lit.
    pays one for each vertical line lit.
    pays three for the middle four.

This corresponds to your payout on the top of the machine.

Every time you get one in the center matrix it should pay one.

their is no diagonal payout for your machine.

Your low payout lite is on and mine does not play when it is on?
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also your local lighting outfit I doubt has any. You can go online and order them from bulbtown. The light behind the red plexiglass lights when you get one in the pocket. It will light as many times as you get one in in each game. When it pays out your winning it should flash for each payout.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One horizontal row lights up that it should pay out two, however my machine pays out five even if I do not complete a row or column. One column of lights lights up that it should pay one. Lighting the center four lights up that it should pay out three. I tried doing a diagonal but that did not show any payout. My machine also only pays out when I hold the payout button, the second red button under the coin slot. I am guessing this is due to my issue with the cartridge circuit boards. I am going to find someone locally who can test and repair the two cartridges, I will be sure to give them a copy of the schematics.
    If I do not have any luck at the lighting supply, I will try to order through bulb town. I have three different types of bulbs in the machine. I am hoping to buy enough to have back ups for all three.
    Last edited by Card Shark; 03-05-2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    Arepachi Silicone Lamp Socket Easy Fix
    thats a link to a thread I created on how to make the replacement sleeves using wire insulation.
    LT, you surfing on here in stealth mode or what?
    Hey, same idea but with an added twist. I've replaced a few of the bulb sleeves using the same technique (small piece of double wire with the wire removed) but then cut a small piece of 1/4 inch tubing, inserted the double wire insulation into the piece of tubing, inserted the bulb and plugged her in. The bulb fits nice and snugly in the tubing.
    .IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Yukamin Zaki

22. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachinkojeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great idea, I'd implement it if I still had that machine and hadn't switched to LEDs.

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I really like the tubing idea. Although, I really want to do he LED conversion at some point. Is there a thread about doing the conversion?

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast