Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Satomi Arrangeball is home!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Satomi Arrangeball is home!!!

It ended up being a 7 hour round trip drive to pick up, but the Arrangeball is home. I am very happy with the machine, now it's time to start cleaning and addressing a few minor issues. Everything appears to be in good shape. I tested th machine last night and the only issue I have found is the solenoid to release the balls to start a new game doesn't appear to be working. I took a bunch of pictures.

DSCF2084.jpgDSCF2119.jpgDSCF2123.jpgDSCF2097.jpgDSCF2086.jpgDSCF2094.jpgDSCF2093.jpgDSCF2092.jpgDSCF2095.jpg
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

2. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Satomi Arrangeball is home!!!

4. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh, and of course a shot of the ashtray for Mopar

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Card Shark; 03-05-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is a switch connected to the solenoid for the ball release, I have tried it in both positions but it does not appear to be attempting to work:

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also there are no bulbs in the sockets for the lights on the top of the machine that indicate # of tokens won. Any ideas where I can get replacement bulbs? They appear to be identicle to the bulbs on the grid center feature. I have noticed however that a win seems to always pay out 5 tokens. I noticed a switch on the back of cartridge "B" that is labeled "5" & "10". I am assuming this would change the payout. Although I haven't tried it yet.
    DSCF2099.jpgDSCF2114.jpgDSCF2113.jpgDSCF2095.jpg

9. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My first question would be how many balls should be in the machine. It had about 20 in it, which I am thinking is too many. The machine also came with about 30 tokens. Some of which are pretty cool. Several say Sammy on them with grid on the back side. One has an "A" in the center and says "Three Star", the back side says "Arrange Ball". Another has a pheonix or a peacock on one side with "Challenge Ball" on the back. The others have cars on them "Countach LP400", "Lamborghini P400 Miura-S" and "New Porsche 928" each with pictures of the cars.

I tried using tokens from my Pachislo and they appear to work well.
    The play field does not have the "Lion" feature. It has a tulip that opens the left wing wing when the first ball goes through then alternates to the right wing when the second ball enters. It closes on the third ball. This tulip activates the "7" on the grid.

Attachment 52951
    Last edited by Card Shark; 03-05-2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pictures of the tokens:

DSCF2126.jpgDSCF2127.jpg

13. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What a cool cell on that machine!!

My Arrange Ball machine has 24 balls in it for play, but I would imagine the parlors only used 16 (since there are only 16 numbers/slots at the bottom). The more balls, the looser the machine and the more opportunities to win.

Nice tokens too!!
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

15. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was guessing 16 or 17 balls for play. I may set it up with 20, if that won't cause any issues with game play. I was thinking of maybe picking up 20 Gold balls for this one.

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice pictures. Give me awhile as I am leaving home and will post pictures of mine. The machine is suppose to have sixteen balls. Some of mine have come with as many as thirty. Sure increase your odds. I have found that this arrangeball works on almost anything. I use the gold dollar as they are the same size as an original arrangeball token. It looks like you have a variety of paschislo tokens which will work and quarters will work. Just depends on what you want to use. The switch is to make the payout increase to ten if you want. That is where mine is set. You should try and manually test it by taking four balls and starting a game and try for one payout and push end of game. Then try the four center ones and see if you get a different payout. Try them all and let me know what happens. Would like a few pictures of the upper lights so I can see if something is missing. The bulbs are easy and I will look that up but bulb town sells them. Give me a couple of hours and I will look at any pictures you have posted and then take some of mine. Don
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool tokens. The switch u mentioned is what changes the payout and 16 is the standard number for balls in the machine but as you can see it can be an number. The switch you pictured is also on my
    schine and I can't remember what it does but i know it doesn't alter game play parameters.
    does the tulip also pay out a token as well as light the 7 as the lion does? If not that's interesting and could have been a mod done by the operator.
    The bulbs are easy to find and are available from hobby shops, eBay, etc. someone will post I'm sure which ones exactly.
    The solenoid may be just stuck or not getting power, you can test it with a multimeter and see. seller said machine was working-did you try it out at original location?
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JACKSJE4 View Post
    What a cool cell on that machine!!

My Arrange Ball machine has 24 balls in it for play, but I would imagine the parlors only used 16 (since there are only 16 numbers/slots at the bottom). The more balls, the looser the machine and the more opportunities to win.

Nice tokens too!!
    You are right the right number is 16. That is what the machine odds for payout are set at. I have increased my odds on the tight ones by nail bending. Too each his own. And gold balls dull up very fast and I have tried them on various machines and always went back to silver.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

21. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I appreciate the advice, I will stick with silver balls as well. I was only able to do a brief test on the machine as the seller brought it with him to work. He works in a busy restaurant and it was around lunch time when I arrived. The only time the machine pays out is if I press the second red button under the coin slot. The first red button appears to concel the game in play. The pay out button dispenses one coin per press up to 5, or dispenses all 5 if I hold the button.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hmm that's interesting. i've never seen an arrange ball where you had to press the button each time for a token. i wonder if that's intentional or a fault with a board? i had the silver labels on the yellow cartridges translated and they basically state that the "amps" as they're called, should be replaced for various conditions. one of which was faulty payouts. of course that may or not be the problem if it is in fact a problem and replacing the boards now would mean sending it off to have a copy made. anyway, it's basically still working so that's good.
    any ideas on the ball release solenoid? that switch may have something to do with it. also, there's a switch near the coin mech that when toggled will cause the ball release solenoid to activate. i'm not sure what else if anything that it does but you could try that and see what happens.
    the pics are of the lion pocket. his eyes are pendulums and swing when a ball goes in thru the sides or top which then light up, pay out 1, and light the 7. i've got LEDs in this machine and you can see how nice and bright they are yet still retain the color of the original bulbs with no heat. last pic is of sticker next to coin insert that explains how moving the small bolt restricts the size of the coin that the player can deposit.
    other pic is of the switch near coin entrance mech mounted to rear wall.
    Last edited by emmadog; 03-05-2012 at 01:13 PM.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mine will dispense the entire payout when press the button or when I drop in another token to start a new game.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

26. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...achi-find.html

that's a link to the thread i started when i received my machine. in it are the translations for the cartridges and i also state that the toggle switch next to the ball drop solenoid pays out the last amount won. i don't know where i got that from so i went to double check it. either i was wrong or my machine has changed (which i highly doubt) but what that switch does do is to disable the ball drop solenoid which makes sense because it's inline with the wires that power it. it was probably done so that the machine could be worked on without having the machine payout.
    also FYI, the red ball guides at the base of the ball tracks can be adjusted to enable or disable the ball return pockets on either side of the row of pockets. loosen the screw and slide either way.

28. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The way to test the payouts is a Jacks suggests. Play four balls by hand. Put in another token and see what the payout is. Diagonal lights should pay 2, center four should pay 3 and horizontal should pay 1. Getting ready to show pictures as soon as I look at yours and decide what to take of mine... I use both 2182 and 2187 from bulb town for my lights. If it pays five every time you have a malfunction.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

30. The following user says "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hey, LT. if ya don't mind toggle your switches next to the ball release solenoid and the coin mech and post what they do. ideally we can get a more accurate idea as to what they do and maybe Shark's problem is that his switch needs to be flipped. only other person i know of with a working machine is Eddie but he rarely checks in to the forum.
    Last edited by emmadog; 03-05-2012 at 01:55 PM.

32. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the function of the switch next to the ball drop solenoid was nagging me so i went and checked it again. turns out i was right in my post in my thread about this machine. it will payout the last amount won. to do this after a winning game get your payout by pressing the button, flip the toggle switch up and press the checkout button again. it'll pay whatever was won in the last game.
    here's pics of the coin overflow jug. the darker plastic channel on the jug transfers coins that are the wrong size back down to the payout tray. correctly sized coins enter the top after being diverted by the full coin tube solenoid/trap door mech.

34. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks like the drive was worth it
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

36. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast