Thread: Cyber Dragon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Cyber Dragon

I just picked up Cyber Dragon for a pretty good deal I think. When I looked inside it appears a hot candle fell over from the top of the machine and spilled all over the inside when the door was opened. YIKES. The thing still worked pretty well. I took out about a half pound of wax from the inside front door, power supply, and some from inside the reels. I had to take out and clean the start lever it was really muddy feeling. There was a lot of black residue around the shafts of the lever. I noticed that he de-pinned the lock on the front and he did a bad job. It works but looks pretty bad. The top glass has a crack in it as well. Can someone lead me to someone that can sell me a cylinder and maybe a top glass/plastic for this machine? I could use the red light bezel at the top too but that crack is very minor.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cyber Dragon

Pictures would be a big help. I am sure someone will be able to offer some advice / help.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mineral spirits used sparingly can dissolve wax to release it .Luckily wax won't conduct electricity. Definetly post pics
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

pac1.jpgpac2.jpgpac3.jpgHere are a couple photos of the machine. I got 99% of all the wax out. I had to take apart quite a bit of the machine. The was had gotten really hard and could be snapped or popped off. I had to just move the wires a bit to get all that off. I learned a lot about how nice and modular they are. They seem to be really well made.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice cleanup on the machine I am glad to see it's all working.You just have to search different places to find the plastic parts,or have new graphics printed then put on new plex.You carefully can drill a very small hole at the end of the crack to keep it from spreading farther like a 1/32 hole.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The crack goes from the middle of the bottom of the top plastic all the way to the right. It holds together pretty well. You think I can scan the original plastic, print it on some clear stock and mount behind a new piece of plexiglass? I can photoshop the crack away. The lock was depinned but also defaced so not sure what to do there.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes the graphics can be scanned and printed that way.In the commercial sign buisness it is called 2nd surface application,in which the graphics are printed on translucent vinyl through clear adhesive and adhered to the inside of the plex.Just about any local sign shop that has a digital vinyl printer could do it.I am sure they wouldn't charge to much for such a small area, maybe just set up time and cost ot vinyl.