Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You've made me do this.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default You've made me do this.

Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster, here. I recently came back from Tokyo to visit some friends of mine and I discovered this thing called pachinko. I didn't get a chance to play as I was super intimidated because I do not know Japanese and the smoke and the sound was way too much for me. However, I'm a gaming geek at heart so I was a bit bummed I didn't get a chance to play.

I did some google searches on the addiction that is pachinko and found you guys. I hope you'll have me as a 'member' even though I don't own a machine nor have I really played on one in real life. I did play an iPhone game but I assume that's a poor substitute to the real thing.

Anyway, as I have already mentioned, I have been lurking here for a while now and appreciate all the knowledge I was able to glean so far so I decided to become an "official" member. I'm not in the market for a machine at the moment but I recently ran across a video of the "Ranma 1/2" pachinko and felt my wallet shiver. Have any of you played this game? If it's great, and I suspect it is, please lie to me and tell me it's the worst game you've ever played. Thanks in advance.

As a long time lurker, I have some suggestions for the forum and the community in general if you're willing to entertain me. I'd like to see some actual reviews of these games. I think it'd be excellent if I could look up a game here and see close up shots of the machine, the playfield, reaches, jackpots, etc. I am on other "enthusiast" boards and they really excel at their reviews. Sometimes they go way overboard but I expect that from such an enthusiast community. Once a member starts a review of a specific machine, other members who own, have owned and/or played the game can add their own specific comments. Each game could have its own thread. Just a thought.

I've said a lot here so if you're still reading this, thanks much!

It is nice meeting you finally and I hope you'll keep me from buying too many machines.

-Guybrush.

Last note: If someone ever made an AKIRA or a FLCL pachinko, I'd snag one up immediately. I'm kinda glad these don't exist, however. My wallet and neighbors would hate me.

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Threepwood

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: You've made me do this.

WELCOME!!!

OMG, Ranma 1/2 is the most fun pachi to play Ever!! You need to get it now!!

Actually since Ranma 1/2 only came out last February I don't think anyone here has had a chance to play it yet..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

4. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I want to be a Pirate

I'm away from my pc at the moment. So I'll post my welcome girls later
    I was going to by a Ranma 1/2 last year. You can get them now for under ¥10000 plus shipping. But I was reading alot of japanese player reviews online that said it was a let down and not than good. So I brought Maison Ikkoku instead. Although I hadn't played either till Maison Ikkoku arrived last week. So take that as word of mouth and not fact.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 02-24-2012 at 06:23 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

welcome to Pachitalk!!! or should I say welcome out of the closet. We have cookies A lot of time when games are bought and posted here , the members post a video of the action on Utube and have the link to it here. If you type a name of the game in question and it was owned by someone here the search would bring you to their post about it. Hope this is helpful .
    oh and PS. I was a member here a long time before I even though of buying a game. These people are the best!!!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to beachcat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome To PachiTalk!

I've seen the Ranma 1/2 pachinko and while it looks pretty good I think the Urusei Yatsura Forever Love looks better so I'm buying that one.

But if you really want a Ranma 1/2 by all means buy one and please post a review.

You know that there is a site PachinkoVista.com that already does reviews. It's in Japanese but it translates fairly well
    with Google Translate. You can see all of the info and even the reaches and bonus rounds listed in there for most games.
    Here is your Ranma 1/2. For reviews scoll to near the bottom of the page. To see the variosu reaches and bonus rounds
    click on the tab Game Info and then Production.
    Hope this helps
    http://translate.google.com/translat...km%3D1&act=url

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Steve Cebu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk!

I first found this site when I stumbled into owning a pachislo. It was a good four or five months before I picked up my first pachinko and they have started multiplying quickly since. You have certainly found an amazing community of some of the best people I have ever run across on the internet. My humble advice would be find a good deal on a machine that peaks your interest. I have found that a lot of the fun is in the hunt and negotiating for the machines. I am also really enjoying the restoration process. Of course playing them is the best part, but being able to take the pride in the personal work done on the machine and the end result makes it even better.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME TO PACHITALK.If you don't own a machine yet that's o.k.It's always helpful to look around before jumping into the fire.We are all here to help anyway we can to feed the interest.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

16. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yarrrr, matey!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    I want to be a Pirate

... I was reading alot of japanese player reviews online that said it was a let down and not than good.
    See, this is exactly the type of "talking off the ledge" support I was talking about. Thanks for this.

OMG, Ranma 1/2 is the most fun pachi to play Ever!! You need to get it now!!

Actually since Ranma 1/2 only came out last February I don't think anyone here has had a chance to play it yet..
    Ha! I know you, MrGneiss. Remember, I lurked here a while to know you're one of the bigger "pushers" on the board. You can't fool me. No, seriously, if it weren't for you posting the "Ranma 1/2" entry I wouldn't have known about it. Thanks for doing what you do even though I'm sure I'll blame you for a future purchase sometime in the future.

That's a good call out about how new the machine is. Reading some of the responses below, it looks like the reviews of the machine are still in the air.
    Last edited by Threepwood; 02-24-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Threepwood

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

There's no rule that says you have to actually own a pachi to be a member of the Forum or join in with any of the threads.

Although I very much doubt that you will be pachi-less for long, the members here can be VERY Persuasive

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

20. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    Welcome to Pachitalk!

I first found this site when I stumbled into owning a pachislo. It was a good four or five months before I picked up my first pachinko and they have started multiplying quickly since. You have certainly found an amazing community of some of the best people I have ever run across on the internet. My humble advice would be find a good deal on a machine that peaks your interest. I have found that a lot of the fun is in the hunt and negotiating for the machines.
    Cheers Card Shark. Thanks for this. I think that's the single most resonating advice for a new/first purchase: a machine that has some personal meaning and is also a good deal. Not having bought my first machine, I really can't verify one way or the other but to read other people's stories, this makes the most sense. There are a couple games that interest me on a personal level but I guess I'm waiting on the deal to be more in my comfort range. It's good to know that you and others took their time before rushing into a purchase.

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

There's no rule that says you have to actually own a pachi to be a member of the Forum or join in with any of the threads.

Although I very much doubt that you will be pachi-less for long, the members here can be VERY Persuasive

I appreciate the heads up and I'm aware of how convincing the members can be in their seemingly never-ending thirst for newbie-pachinko conversion. Remember, I reserve the right to read/understand English should it ever get to that point.
    Last edited by Threepwood; 02-24-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Home now so I can say...

Welcome Aboard

My descision for not getting Ranma was that ifyour spending $500-600 you had better make sure its worth it as here, I couldn't sell it on for that. I might get it in the future as most sites rated it 3 out of 5 stars but Maison was rated 4 stars
    Ian #UKPachinko

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk,
    True you don't have to own a Pachi to be a member.
    You also don't have to own a parachute to jump out of a plane, But it's more fun if you do.

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to derek1960

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One Problem i can see with a game review section is, allot of times (mostly with older games) we dont have the right name or get it wrong..

The Bigger problem is that new member have no idea what the name is of there own machine's (i am one of thouse)

I think it works best for our Boards its best to post macines your interested in and post a new thread about it.. of couse if ya know the tital of a machine you can search for it..

Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

27. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Home now so I can say...

Welcome Aboard

My descision for not getting Ranma was that ifyour spending $500-600 you had better make sure its worth it as here, I couldn't sell it on for that. I might get it in the future as most sites rated it 3 out of 5 stars but Maison was rated 4 stars
    Cheers again Drunkenclam. I agree 1000% w/ your approach; spending that much money demands the proper return on investment. Speaking of which, I noticed that you're an owner of the Star Wars (R2-D2 version) pachinko. Thoughts on this game? Is it fun for a newbie pachinko player/owner?

The Bigger problem is that new member have no idea what the name is of there own machine's (i am one of thouse)

I think it works best for our Boards its best to post macines your interested in and post a new thread about it.. of couse if ya know the tital of a machine you can search for it..

Good call out, Moparformances. I hadn't realized there could be confusion on the game names. I poked around the forums a bit more and discovered the Resource Center. I found a lot of what I was looking for there so I'll be utilizing that more often.
    Last edited by Threepwood; 02-25-2012 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Threepwood

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Threepwood View Post
    Cheers again Drunkenclam. I agree 1000% w/ your approach; spending that much money demands the proper return on investment. Speaking of which, I noticed that you're an owner of the Star Wars (R2-D2 version) pachinko. Thoughts on this game? Is it fun for a newbie pachinko player/owner?

At the risk of being hung, Some people love star wars, But I think its a bit so so. When I get another Lumina frame, I'll probably sell it. Now if I can find one in yellow
    Ian #UKPachinko

31. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

At the risk of being hung, Some people love star wars, But I think its a bit so so. When I get another Lumina frame, I'll probably sell it. Now if I can find one in yellow
    not a damn thing wrong with being Honest... Mrs Mopar is a huge LOTR fan, so i got her the machine.. and i must say SO SO would be a welcome change... If ya dont like it ya dont like it

33. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I like Star Wars Pachinko!!

But myself and my family are big Star Wars fans, we have lots of star wars items, including astromech droids and a Pinball

So it probably depends on if YOU really like the theme

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

35. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Love Star Wars... but never Played the Pachi.. Some day

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cebu View Post
    Welcome To PachiTalk!

You know that there is a site PachinkoVista.com that already does reviews. It's in Japanese but it translates fairly well
    with Google Translate. You can see all of the info and even the reaches and bonus rounds listed in there for most games.
    Here is your Ranma 1/2. For reviews scoll to near the bottom of the page. To see the variosu reaches and bonus rounds
    click on the tab Game Info and then Production.
    Hope this helps
    http://translate.google.com/translat...km%3D1&act=url
    Thanks very much for this. I have been poking around on this site ever since you mentioned it to me. There is a massive amount of info here. I just wished it'd be easier to navigate (my complete ignorance of the Japanese language limits me even with Google Translate) and I wish there were more reviews. It is informative, though. I certainly get an overall sense of what the machine is all about.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast