Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bad Keys

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Bad Keys

I posted a message yesterday about some bad keys I had and trying to find a soultion to my problem. I logged on today and thought I was going crazy because I could not find the post. I was starting to think I may have hit the "Preview Post" only and not the "submit new thread".

In my private messages somebody did send me a message that was related to it and I still can't find the message.

Not sure if it was pulled or not or if the board is having problems. Anybody else see it? I received no message from the admins if it was pulled and was wondering why it ever would be.

Anyway to make a long story short I have a bunch of machines with bad keys. I am looking for a way to remove the pins from the lock so "any" key will work. I noticed that on http://www.pachislousa.com/refurbish/refurbish.htm they say that they remove the pins or modify the Cylinder so they can use a "plumbers key". Anybody know how to do this?
    ]INIT HELLO

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Bad Keys

PM Arby he was the one that posted a fix on the cylinders, but I think that it is on a Pachinko. Or you may be able to email or PM Rob at PachisloUSA for that info.
    *Babel*Azteca Legend*

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got a crappy door key with my Ougonshin (Cleopatra/Egyptian) just yesterday. This wasn't a scratch & dent/wholesale special deal either. I'm asking the vendor to do something about it, because this thing is gonna snap. The "chrome" is already flaking off of it.

I'm glad that you posted that thread yesterday. It prompted me do take issue with the vendor over this inferior key. DGI and Valley Gaming sent me complete sets of genuine keys. The other 2 vendors, although they are generally well thought of, sent cheap substitutes even though the pictures in their ads are of factory keys.

I have no interest in re-working door locks and would not have bid on machines that didn't have real keys. Rob @ pachislousa might be willing to explain how to pull the lock pins so you could use a plumber's key.

-TW
    Dragon Dice * Arra King * King Camel * Ougonshin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i would say it got pulled......it was getting a little heated......the last post said something like this......screw this this is a waste of my time

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ill say it again......keys are a HUGE part of a machine !!!!.....and i mean both of them......i just helped a member to get a reset key and tumbler so he can do away with the switch that was in his machine.......at-slots

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok thanks for letting me know what happened. I was just a little confused because I wrote the message and went on a short overnight trip and came back and could not find it so I never saw any replies.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions so far. I will try and contact rob and see if he will tell me his secrets
    ]INIT HELLO

Thanks
    Thanks Received

there was over 60 replies on that topic if i can remember right....in a real short period of time

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was the member that AT-Slots helped find a reset key, and reset key tumbler for, this is a very hard piece to come by many vendors either say they recommend just using the switch and most others dont have the reset assembly. But At-slots had one within hours after i contacted him.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if you want remove the tumblers
    open case look at the latch mech in center you ll see th lock attached to the long flat bar through a round q shaped disk it is usuall held on with a screw
    remove from the latch bar should slide out through the front
    look at lock eather screwed or pinned together
    if screwed carefully unscrew when you open t i n n y springs and tubblers may fly all over remove and put the cylinder and case back together and re install
    any key should work.if pinned together pins can be drilled carefully or tapped in carefully till the case comes off the cylinder same small springs and tumblers will fly out remove all and reinstall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...roundlocks.jpg

These round cyclinder locks are staked around the neck, these need to be drill out shallow tho. and the whole lock assy. will pull out. dump the pins and wafers and springs. while out fit a blank round key to fit the center post, it has two legs, these need to be nached in the blank key. this is so you can turn the lock.

once done, epoxey glue the nech housing back in place, be carful to not glue the center post to the housing. or the lock is shot. mack sure you line up how it was before you drilled the stakes out. Slow and easy the first time. once you do one and see how it goes, you can do the rest blind folled. any lock shop should have the blank round key (Vend lock keys) take a lock with you to make sure the center hole is the same, they would fit tight, a little sand paper in there loosens them up.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Talk and Thanks Arby for your execellent instructions!
    ]INIT HELLO

Thanks
    Thanks Received

go slow on the first one.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: Bad Keys

you got it arby.....to tell someone how to do it the first time is a little hard to do but u got it right.....i took a couple of junk ones apart and i had little springs and pins all over the place

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you, It is hard with out pictures. I looked to see if I had an old one to tear apart and take pictures at steps. But I don't.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

how many people sell machines like that ?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the first load of machines had some keys......was pulling my hair out so just took the whole cyls. out of the doors........the second load had some keys also but they mostly fit the the first load so i put the cyls. back in the doors now they have keys.....now the last load (20 foot container) had all the keys....2 for each machine and a couple extras......what a relief just to have keys.....i think pulling the pins so any key fits i guess its ok if i was keeping the machine but to sell a machine with pins pulled just dosent seem right to me....just my way of doing things i guess....but if that s how it has to be i guess that how it will be in some cases

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i know i personally would be willing to pay more for a machine that came with all original keys

Thanks
    Thanks Received

TRue, but there are some who sell machines that don't have the org. Key and they make them to open with any key.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

is it the cost factor ?.......i think paying 16.00 for both keys when you order a container is worth it.....it saves u time and money in the long run.......plus the customer is pleased also that it has keys......i was told that some people just order a reset key for the different types of machines then they set it to a level when they sell it.....saves 8.00 a machine......but if thats how they do it then thats them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

AT,,

will a sammy reset key work in any sammy machine or are there different reset keys?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast