Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Matsuya sangyo has arrived!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Matsuya sangyo has arrived!

At last the wait has paid off! The vintage machine has arrived! Haven't tested yet, and I'm sure it will need some tinkering and adjusting to make it function...but I see no reason for it not to be able to work! Apparently I didn't take a full picture of the back. Will have to correct that later, on a time budget, have to be at work in 1 hour! Here are some closeups of both good things and bad. 1st the few bad parts. A crack in the frame that can be easily fixed. This is hardly a flaw as simply nailing it down fixes it. However the elevator wont put the ball back into the seesaw for some reason...one of the adjustments I was talking about. The metal tab that holds JP balls back is bent down...easily fixed! Plastic cracked and piece missing, ashtray has small crack. The plastic can be epoxied and sanded to reshape...the color is even a close match...the ashtray, I will simply ignore the crack, it is old and will have some cracks here and there. I've been wondering what this odd piece of brass was since I first saw pics of the back! Mystery solved! It is the lower track cover, I had to hold it down with a zip strip because it wants to spring up.And the usual leaf switch problems! So far, nothing that truly upsets me. All issues are things that I find common on machines of this age. Overall I am very happy with this purchase. Its condition is about as I expected, and shouldn't be a problem to get functioning.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Matsuya sangyo has arrived!

Nice looking machine.

Can't wait to see it repaired and a quick video of it in play.

100 machines and counting...

4. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some more quick pics before work! It came with 8 old deeply engraved balls (1 is trapped in the elevator). I like the cast aluminum ball ramp! The bar visible thru the window activates the JP dump. When the JP lever is unhooked and pressed down, it lifts the JP tray and dumps it in the opposite direction than usual. More brass...less plastic!Does anyone know how to translate this? Or this! Ball dump closed...Ball dump open.

6. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

very cool

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to wesrevel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by wesrevel View Post
    very cool
    to Pachitalk!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very good looking machine, haven't seen that cel before.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

11. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by wesrevel View Post
    very cool
    Seller???

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    Seller???

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Good eye MOPAR! I didn't catch that untill I saw your post and went back to see where from! Here is a closeup of the cell. I just discovered this... 2 orange doors on top of the center feature, when a ball falls in. it rolls around the green ring. The top orange pocket has a path behind the cell that reappears in the green ring as well. Here is the full back. I took it to work and function tested it after business slowed down. The JP seesaw is a little stiff and needs to be manually moved to payout. This won't be a problem, as it is probably just gummed up in need of cleaning...or something bent. Once tripped the ball pushes down the JP bar lifting the JP tray dumping the balls out the opposite side from what we are used to. However...The JP tray don't reset on its own, you have to lift it with your finger. I can't find any lever or linkage that lifts it. It seems like weight and balance are supposed to reset it. It moves freely, but don't feel like it is weighted or balanced to the degree that dirt or grime is stopping it. I think I can add weight somewhere to make it reset...but not sure if that is correct. Here is the latch that opens the machine from the frame. The linkage beside it goes up to the low ball track. It seems that this linkage goes to a plate that blocks balls from being inserted when balls are low. It don't move...so I'll be removing the front plate to investigate.This is the low ball indicator track in the FULL position. Here it is in the LOW BALL position. You can see how one end of the pivot bar above the track activates the low ball switch...the other end works the linkage that blocks the ball opening mentioned earlier. A sliding gate opens a trap door that allows for an alternate exit for ball dump. Top view of track with trap door open. I don't see any evidence of other hinges, but not sure if these are correct or original.

14. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very Cool!!! I just picked one up too 1960 on the sun cell tag. I wish mine look as nice as yours. Have lots of on the restore

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Forex

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is what my center look like. I fond the B-B tooB-B Gun bulls eye.jpg

18. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Forex

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Forex View Post
    This is what my center look like. I fond the B-B too
    How about a pic of the back? I find that so much more interesting than the front! The back is ENTIRELY why I bought this one! Speaking of the back... spent a little time cleaning the back, just to get to know it better. fixed some 006.jpg I don't want to clean the patina off, but want the crud gone. I'm gonna clean this one up, and make it functional...but not restore and shine. I want the old metal to look like old metal...just don't want to look through 30 to 47 years of crud to see the old metal! fixed some 003.jpg Spent some time on the seesaw.fixed some 004.jpg Found 2 brass washers between seesaw and wood, no brass washers between seesaw and bracket. Took apart. cleaned, and reassembled with brass washer on each side of seesaw. STILL STIFF! I noticed, while moving seesaw, that the nail moved back & forth while moving it. So I took apart and bent the bracket that holds the seesaw. It has 2 holes and is aluminum, I believe it is a home made part. After adjusting it...it seems to work fine. NOW...when a ball hits a JP, the ball moves the seesaw by itself, and pays out...and resets the seesaw...BUT NOT the JP tray! That part still needs to be reset EACH TIME by hand. I also looked into the low ball stop. I removed the front plate, and found the mechanism blocked by a nail! I removed and tested it!fixed some 001.jpg When sliding properly, the brass plate blocks the hole! It don't slide right...I'll fix it right someday, but here is a pic of the plate 1/2 way downfixed some 002.jpg I moved a piece of sheet metal behind the seesaw and got the trapped ball out of the elevator...it triggered a JP also. But, even when the seesaw is down... the JP balls don't go into the blue window, they rest against the brass tab untill the JP seesaw is resetfixed some 005.jpg The metal tab was behind here and prevented balls in queue from falling off the elevator and into JP seesaw path. Can't see it now that it is reassembled...not gonna take apart for pics! Functioning mostly! I need to make JP tray reset and Low ball indicator lift when low. Looking good so far!

20. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is some more pics of mine I don't know much about this machine any help would be great!!Back.jpgname plate ball tray.jpgtwo for one 024.jpg

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Forex

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Forex View Post
    Here is some more pics of mine I don't know much about this machine any help would be great!!
    Nice vintage machine! I like the cast aluminum ball ramp. Looks like it is related to mine...but earlier.Matsuya Sangyo 006.jpg I only have one other machine with a cast ball rampNP damage report 005.jpg on my New Prince machine, all others are plastic. What kind of questions do you have? Start a new thread on it...I would like to see more of it. If it has operating issues, I can help...if history of it Rival is pretty sharp!

24. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: Matsuya sangyo has arrived!

Not much cleaning lately, Studying. I started taking up close pics of the JP tray and how it works.Closeups - Discoveries 002.jpg This, for example is the JP tray at rest.Closeups - Discoveries 001.jpg This is when balls fall into chute below to flow to front tray. Closeups - Discoveries 008.jpg When ball dump is opened, a track swings to the left to block the hole to the front tray chute below. Balls roll across and are deflected downward by the tin funnel on the right. This third metal tray (3 tray Model A ?) directs drained balls to the spout on the left.Closeups - Discoveries 029.jpg Also, the rod on the seesaw hook that goes down into the box where the JP balls roll into... it gets lifted by the balls landing on a teetering plate. This resets the seesaw with a tab on the rod. Also, the hook prevents the plate from teetering if the seesaw is delivering a JP ball. With the hook engaged, the plate don't tilt, balls roll into 3rd tray, and out the spout on the left. During a legitimate JP the seesaw is down, unhooking the barwhich allows the plate to teeter and balls travel down to tray, as lifting rod resets seesaw. However JP tray still don't reset. I became more curious of these pressure plate activator lever doohickies.Closeups - Discoveries 003.jpg They don't have anything attached to them and they can't touch anything. They have to do something! So I looked from below.Closeups - Discoveries 005.jpgCloseups - Discoveries 004.jpg Something was attached, and is now gone. I started looking closer from this new found angle.Closeups - Discoveries 015.jpgSomething missing from the bottom of the seesaw.Closeups - Discoveries 023.jpg I thought the 2 are clues to why the tray don't reset. I don't think the pressure switches have anything to do with reset. The reset should be performed by the balls rolling through the chute...most likely when they teeter the plate to drop to tray. he pressure switches most likely is a JP blocker to prevent JP tray action when balls are low. I'll have to look at one of my other Model A's. If you see something I'm missing, or want pics of an area you can't see...I'm all ears. I did find a temporary and reversible fix to resetting the JP tray!But there is no more room for pics.

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Closeups - Discoveries 031.jpg At least now I can scrounge a piece of plexi for the door and play a few rounds. The extra weight is enough to reset the tray...but not too much to stop the payout. And it pulls right off! I still want to find a better way, or at least a less obnoxious counterweight. Here are some more shots...just because they seemed important when I was pressing the shutter button.Closeups - Discoveries 022.jpgCloseups - Discoveries 027.jpgCloseups - Discoveries 019.jpg Closeups - Discoveries 024.jpg Gonna have to think before I act. Well...I guess it is safe to clean.

28. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is my 1st attempt at posting video! Another miserable failure at cut and paste! Every time I try to post a link, I cut the URL from the line where you type an address, paste it to the add files line after selecting "from computer" and I always get INVALID FILE . If you search Matsuya Sangyo on youtube you will find it. After all I was told that there were none like it in America . Maybe someone with better computer skills can link it for me.
    Last edited by pachiwall; 02-21-2012 at 12:36 AM.

30. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

see if this works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD35pkF-WIg
    Last edited by Moparformances; 02-21-2012 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

32. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Mopar! I don't know what I'm doing wrong...or what safety feature I have enabled to prevent me from posting anything except pics from my own hard drive! As you can see, I added a coil of copper wire to add weight.Closeups - Discoveries 031.jpg This is a temporary fix. It is basically an experiment to see if I can make it functional...if I can't ever find out how it is really supposed to work. If necessary, I can stick a self adhesive wheel weight to the back of the arm just below where the coil is...and no one could see it. Maybe a pic of it is in the old pachinko book! And I know where I can "buy it now" for only $250 !

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Thanks Mopar! I don't know what I'm doing wrong...or what safety feature I have enabled to prevent me from posting anything except pics from my own hard drive!
    As far as I'm aware you can only upload pics to PT.. For videos its easiest to upload them to YouTube and post the YT links here..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

35. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Thanks Mopar! I don't know what I'm doing wrong...or what safety feature I have enabled to prevent me from posting anything except pics from my own hard drive! As you can see, I added a coil of copper wire to add weight.Closeups - Discoveries 031.jpg This is a temporary fix. It is basically an experiment to see if I can make it functional...if I can't ever find out how it is really supposed to work. If necessary, I can stick a self adhesive wheel weight to the back of the arm just below where the coil is...and no one could see it. Maybe a pic of it is in the old pachinko book! And I know where I can "buy it now" for only $250 !
    Nope can't buy that book the seller says he sold it. If you want I have links with pics of every page in it. Thouh I can't post them till later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast