Thread: Maybe a dumb question, but getting the game started?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Maybe a dumb question, but getting the game started?

I had previously posted about getting my machine mounted, and thanks to all for the help with that. I have my machine ready to mount in my cabinet, but I started it up to make sure everything was good before actually affixing it to the cabinet, and I can't get it to start a game. This a Godzilla 2010 machine, incidentally. The machine boots up and goes to the ready screen, and there is a counter in the bottom right of the playfield that shows 000. I assume this relates to the balls available to use? I poured some balls in the top, and also tried some in the tray in the middle, but nothing is happening regardless (as in nothing on the machine reacts and none of the buttons do anything). Is there something obvious I am missing here? Without instructions of any kind, it's hard to know exactly what to do.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Maybe a dumb question, but getting the game started?

No question is ever dumb

You need to put a large quantity of balls into the rear hopper (at the top) these are for your winning payouts

You also need to place some balls into the shooter tray, these are your 'playing' balls, you also need to make sure you are turning the 'shooter knob' but also making a good contact with your hand around the shooter knob as this is where the 'grounding ring' is located, you must always have contact with the 'grounding ring' to be able to shoot balls

Here's a couple of links to explain Modern Pachinko Play and help you find your way round your pachinko

PachiTalk Research Center - FAQ - Pachinko - Modern Pachinko Game Setup, Playing Troublehooting FAQ - PachiTalk

PachiTalk Research Center - FAQ - Pachinko - Pachinko - Modern Day Operation - PachiTalk

Let us know how you get on, and I'm sure the members will be able to talk you through and help resolve any issues you may be having with your machine or play

Last edited by hanabi; 02-07-2012 at 12:14 PM.
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if your still having problems it would be a great help to post current pics of the machine front and back
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sure, I can post pics once I'm home from work. Regarding putting balls into the hopper at the top, is it normal to have them be filling the tray at the top, rather than going into the machine? I peered through the funnel on top of my cabinet and can see it filled with balls.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do you have a dongle fitted in the 25 pin D-connector on the back?
    Last edited by monkeyboy; 02-07-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Small iPod large fingers

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As hanabi stated, that is your payout hopper. Those will remain stagnant until a payout is required. The hopper can empty very quickly during a 'fever' round. To start play put a handful of balls in the tray immediately below the playfield.
    A Hardy har har...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does it shoot balls? If it isn't shooting balls you need to check to make sure the dongle (CR adapter) in the back is plugged in correctly. It looks like a printer port with a small dongle attached. Wiggle that to make sure it's seated correctly.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, I have a couple pictures of the back for anyone to look at. To answer the previous post, no, it doesn't shoot anything. There's no reaction from the machine at all, beyond the attract screens that cycle through the animations for the game. Balls in the front tray don't do anything. It's not making any sound either; I assume attract mode includes sounds as well? There's a knob that I assume is the volume control in the upper left quadrant that I have turned pretty much all the way, and still no sound. But here are the pictures.244e6401.jpg
    4f538faa.jpg
    This bottom picture shows a counter in the back with a 6 on it? Both pics taken while the machine was plugged in. If there's a more specific photo I can provide, let me know.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to ZipGun47

Thanks
    Thanks Received

With most 'moderns' as far as the ones I have played, there is usually no sound on the attract modes, you only really start to hear music etc when you are lucky enough to have a ball enter the 'start' pocket on the cell front. However you should hear the shooter motor making a sound when turning the shooter knob and correctly making contact with the 'grounding ring'

Basically there are 2 versions of pachinkos, a 'Cash' version and a 'CR' version, Almost all pachinkos that make it to the West are 'CR' versions, and these require a 'dongle' in the rear which fools the machine into thinking it is still hooked up to the pachinko parlour.

'CR' versions are usually identified by the fact they have 2 buttons on the front tray, these are not used or required for home play, I believe they are for 'Ball Loan' and 'Card Return' in the parlours (You can buy a special Dongle from one of our members that will allow these buttons to operate at home if you wish)

Anyway, back to 'dongles'!! On your machine you should see what looks like a 'printer port' it is usually located on the right hand side of the rear of your pachinko, most usually around the middle right or lower right, into this port there is usually some strange looking little 'dongle' thingy that can be unplugged, if yours is present I suggest unplugging and then re-plugging it in, perhaps give it a little jiggle' and see if that enables your shooter. Most shooter problems are caused by the dongle either not being present or becoming dislodged, they are easy to knock when transporting or moving your pachinko around.

From your pic, I could be wrong, it's a little hard to see, but your dongle socket could be on the small square green area to the bottom right of your pic, can't see if anything is plugged in due to the angle of the photo, again I could be wrong but it looks the most likely place.

If you have no dongle present, you can either make one (there are instructions here at somewhere, a member may have a spare one, or you could upgrade to a Daverob Dongle that also enables your front buttons)

Oh I believe the number you see on the back is an Error Code, so your machine is displaying an 'Error 6' not exactly sure what that one relates to on this particular model but it may clear when you have sorted the 'dongle' or shooting issue.

I will move this thread to a 'support ticket section' for you, as it seems more appropriate

Hopefully it won't be long before you're enjoying your pachinko

Last edited by hanabi; 02-08-2012 at 03:15 AM.
    Angie ...

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Attract mode does not always use sound although some probably will deafen you.
    Check your CR bypass because it sounds like your shooter knob isn't working.
    If it was working it would make noise even if you had no balls in the machine at all.
    CR Bypass.jpg

This shows a pic of where the CR bypass is. The dongle isn't in this machine which was the only one I could get at at 2am but. There should be a piece in there. If not, that's why it isn't working.
    If there is a small part in there wiggle it or pull it out and blow it off and put it back in.
    That just might work for you.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Steve Cebu

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

As everyone else has said, your pics show you are missing your dongle..
    No Dongle.jpg

If you want to check that the rest of your machine is working you could just drop a ball in the start pocket..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

some people have reported finding the dongle loose in the box and not knowing what it is..

there are several versioins but this one seems the most common style

Pachinko simple Dongle (1).jpgPachinko simple Dongle.jpg

i do not have a stock photo of a DaveRob dongle but hear is one instaled in a machine i used to ownwanted dongle.jpg
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do you have an empty connector that looks like this?
    If so your dongle is missing!
    Dongle.jpg

20. The following user says "Thanks" to DrDark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, it seems obviously my main problem is not having a dongle. I think I'll order one of the daverob ones, as that looks like the coolest option.

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ZipGun47

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, this has been a while in coming, but I did buy one of the daverob card/reader/dongle sets, and as far as I could tell, the one I got was essentially a plug and play deal. I connected it as stated and started the machine. It played some smooth jazz type music, then went into the usual attract mode. When I hit the credit button, balls were doled out. Now here's where my questions begin. The machine will then launch a ball, but as far as I can tell, nothing happens - the game remains in attract mode regardless of how many balls I shoot. Assuming I did not have to anything beyond just hook up the dongle/reader, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ZipGun47 View Post
    Now here's where my questions begin. The machine will then launch a ball, but as far as I can tell, nothing happens - the game remains in attract mode regardless of how many balls I shoot. Assuming I did not have to anything beyond just hook up the dongle/reader, what am I doing wrong?
    With modern pachinko, you will be shooting lots and lots of balls, it's quite fast paced and especially so compared to the sedate vintages.

Are you not getting any payouts at all, and nothing happening on the screen when you get balls in the start pocket?? Most of the balls will end up as lost balls and they will have no effect on your game, but if you play for long enough you should start to learn where the 'sweet spot' is to get more balls going for the 'start' pocket.

Just to rule out a problem with payouts, you may need to check the pockets manually, by opening the glass door and manually dropping balls into the pockets, especially the start pocket,

here's the link again, that explains how modern pachinkos play, just so we can rule out the normal play

PachiTalk Research Center - FAQ - Pachinko - Pachinko - Modern Day Operation - PachiTalk
    Last edited by hanabi; 05-04-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    Angie ...

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi