Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Not 1 but 3 Arrange Balls for sale

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Not 1 but 3 Arrange Balls for sale

and

I think the Fuji Kangaroo looks the nicest of them all

I have a 1973 Fuji Arrangeball, but it's not a Kangaroo!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ahhhhh! Big friendly group hug :friends:
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

great set of machines Mike..

congrats to ya
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congratulations again. Could you take a picture of the kangaroo with the door closed so I could see the placard in it. Fugi machines seem to have a different payout sequence on the placard than any of the other machines. Their are at least three satomi just like yours. We called them the balloon Satomi. Mopar has a balloon satomi just like yours that works. Interesting coin Mechanism on the outside. If it does not work you might just be able to take it off and not use it.

I have a template for the taiyo but the colors might not work great on yours. You can see it in my albums. Great Buy. Don And like I have always said arrangeballs are a machine that fits the criteria for being picked up not shipped.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As far as how rare anything is I remember when the Powerflash was considered so rare it went to $1057 dollars on ebay plus shipping and the buyer did not even know if it worked. I also thought the powerflash was rare at the time but since have had five different ones.
    Arrangeballs are not rare but for some reason are awfully hard to find. And then poof they are gone. I would like to see one of the vendors ship some in and put them up for sale. I think they would sell right out. The fans are the same for the powerflash as the arrangeball. When they have one they do not want to get rid of them they just want another one.

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    I wonder how rare that Taiyo really is?

At the Flea Market

Those are all really cool machines.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here you go Don.

Fuji 6.jpgFuji 7.jpg

The Fuji is a colorful machine.
    Haven't got into them too deep yet, but all 3 machines need some work on the coin mechs.
    Other than tokens hanging up, the Taiyo plays good. Thought I needed a few bulbs, but they just needed to be reset in the sockets. All 3 machines are filthy. Can't see how thick the dirt is in the photos, but I think all of them will clean up nicely. Also the chrome on all 3 is tarnished, but not pitted. Will try and get the coin mech issue straightened out on the Taiyo, and then get sarted this weekend on stripping it down and getting it cleaned up and looking like it did a long time ago. Looking forward to it.

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to mbodi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mbodi View Post
    Here you go Don.

The Fuji is a colorful machine.
    Haven't got into them too deep yet, but all 3 machines need some work on the coin mechs.
    Other than tokens hanging up, the Taiyo plays good. Thought I needed a few bulbs, but they just needed to be reset in the sockets. All 3 machines are filthy. Can't see how thick the dirt is in the photos, but I think all of them will clean up nicely. Also the chrome on all 3 is tarnished, but not pitted. Will try and get the coin mech issue straightened out on the Taiyo, and then get sarted this weekend on stripping it down and getting it cleaned up and looking like it did a long time ago. Looking forward to it.

the Goog LT is asking for a pic of the Placard that is inbetween the glass.. in the door
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Didn't realize that all 3 are different.
    Fuji 8.jpgFuji 9.jpg

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mbodi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was looking for the placard that is between the glass. I can now see on your pictures that it is a completly different sequence of drop pocket numbers than on any other machine I have seen. I will have to look at the pictures of Hanabi's machine to see if they are the same in it. I also have a Fuji machine but it is completely different as it is a tic tac toe machine and only has nine numbers. Some of the Jan ball have really different placards with seventeen slots and even then they are not all the same.
    You stated they were being played on tokens. Are they the same size as a pachislo token or are they a little bigger. Either will work in an arrangeball and even quarters can be made to work. The best thing that works and is the size of what was originally used is the new gold dollar. They are the exact same size and thickness. To me they make the game a little more interesting.
    Last edited by Lt Teddy; 02-10-2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Don, Glad you mentioned the tokens.
    The Taiyo had 8 tokens in it, and the other two had none. I remembered your post a couple years ago about the dollar coins. Stopped at the bank, and they said some kid cashed in his Christmas present a couple days ago. 6 - 12 coin containers of uncirculated coins with a different president in each one, so I have some nice tokens.
    I took apart the green coin mech on the satomi. Got it working, and the tokens that were in the Taiyo and the dollar coins work fine in it. It also appears to be the original coin mech that was installed when the machine was assembled. The red button is wired into the solenoid for cashing out.
    The Fuji might be different. I tried putting a token in it the other day and it hung up. Even though the dollar coins and tokens seem to be the exact same size, the dollar coin is a hair bigger. The token fit through the slot just barely, but the dollar won't. I'm starting to think that the Fuji might use a different size token. Maybe like one of the pachislo size tokens. I'll get into it more this weekend.

Tokens 2-10-12.jpg

17. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to mbodi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Could be that the Fujii uses proprietary tokens bu every arrangeball I've seen in person had a coin restrictor. Satomis typically had two, one was a small metal part that could be turned with a screwdriver. It was located at the top of the coin entry slot and adjusting it increased or decreased the size of the coin allowed to pass thru. The other restrictors are in the coin mech itself and frequently it's just a moveable metal bar that lets certain sizes thru or not. Lots of debris accumulates in there so make sure it's clean. I use a wire wheel on a dremel before tumbling all the parts. What's the green mech on the balloons Taiyo do? Is it a semi auto coin depositor like I was thinking or something else? Thanks.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

19. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i have had to take a jewelers file to opem it up a bit.. Like ya said its jsut a hair to small.. the Dollers are nice and heavy so they travel better..

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don, here's the shot I think you wanted. Thought I had posted that one earlier.
    John, the green coin mech just seems to be a different type that they used. Not semi-auto. Still needs to be cleaned, but got it working. Just needs some tweaking on the microswitch that senses the coin and triggers the solenoid to dump the balls into the shooting tray.
    Yes Dave, the dollar coins do seem to work better. The Fuji probably does use the same tokens. Don mentioned the same thing about enlarging the slot with a file slightly. I was also thinking the same thing.
    I like the sound on the Satomi when it pays out. Had to check with Don to find out if that was normal. Thought I blew up a solenoid the first time I heard it.

Fuji 10.jpg Fuji 11.jpg

Satomi 12.jpg Satomi 13.jpg

23. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mbodi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

some ArrangeBall are really loud and some a quite.. just how they are..

25. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Taiyo is a loud chirp for every token paid. Don't know about the Fuji yet. Will be interesting to hear it speak.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks for the pics, it looks like all the interior coin mech components were transplanted to the outside. interesting.
    the twin circle taiyo looks like it plays about the same as the gen 1 taiyo that we called the owl except yours has sound and is a gen 2. the owl paid out when 4 or more lights were lit and the bonus lit 4 numbers. not sure since its been awhile since i gave it away but is that how this one plays? any info on how the Fuji plays? thanks.
    Last edited by emmadog; 02-11-2012 at 01:25 AM.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

28. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The easiest way to figure out if all the pay windows are working is to open the glass and hand feed the numbers. My taiyo pays up to sixteen coins at one time. If you light all eight numbers on one side yours should pay eight. Sometimes if the payout is wrong one of the resistors needs to be replaced.

My taiyo Giant has a speaker on the front and David put a sound adjuster on it and you can turn off the sound. When the sound is turnned off you can only hear the coins drop.

I have only gotton one side lit up in normal pay.

On one of my Jan Ball machines the Silk Road, when you get the eight middle numbers around the outside lit all of the numbers start flashing and you have hit the jackpot. On a jan ball that is ten but it sure scared me the first time. I thought something had went wrong with the circuit board.

The taiyo pays one for any four in a row, two for any five in a row and so forth and so on until you get them all lit and it pays sixteen. I think my record is fourteen with the glass closed.
    Thank you for the picture of the placard. Afte looking at Hanabi's I realized it plays on Majong tiles. Your placard is one of a kind as far as I have seen hear. I think it probably is unique to Fuji and certainly has a different order for the drop numbers.. I made the one for my Fuji based on a Satomi model as it was the closest I could find. Will probably just leave mine as is. It took alot of time to make from scratch.
    Last edited by Lt Teddy; 02-11-2012 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

30. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mbodi View Post
    The Fuji might be different. I tried putting a token in it the other day and it hung up. Even though the dollar coins and tokens seem to be the exact same size, the dollar coin is a hair bigger. The token fit through the slot just barely, but the dollar won't. I'm starting to think that the Fuji might use a different size token. Maybe like one of the pachislo size tokens. I'll get into it more this weekend.
    I know that standard Pachislo tokens did not work in my own Fuji, and i didn't wish to adjust it so tested it with other types.

It is currently working trouble-free on an English 10p coin, there's a pic that shows size comparison in my album PachiTalk

I would love to know what they originally worked with, or whether they were just manually adjusted to accept any tokens in circulation at the time??

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

32. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds like a cheaper alternative to $1 coins, but just not as shiny
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

34. The following user says "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Hanabi. I'll keep that in mind when I get some time to do a little work on that machine. Maybe tomorrow.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast