Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nishijin Y&O 15&5 Pachinko Machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nishijin Y&O 15&5 Pachinko Machine

Hey All, I just bought this pachinko and was wondering if anyone here on the forum has a manual or a guide on these machines.

From what I know about pachinkos, I think this is a (semi) modern machine. It has a round ball launch handle, not a lever like a vintage machine. Also it has a bunch of green circuit boards, wires etc and a 110v transformer and plug.

It has a squarish chrome frame around the playfield and a video window that acts like a video slot machine when you get a ball in the main tulip. There's four lights above the video window, some of which come on during game play, not sure what these are.

It seems to work okay, but I'm just looking to be able to identify all the components in side the game (reset? volume? etc.) and find out what I can about the game play itself.

I also have a vintage Nishijin pachinko. There seems to be a lot of info on the vintage games and the really modern ones, but not much about these games...maybe it's from the 80's or 90's???

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to richiep1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin Y&O 15&5 Pachinko Machine

Basically it's pretty much the same... fill the top hopper. Put some balls in the shooter tray and plug it in. Game play envolves getting the balls into the 'start' pocket and then a second one and a possibly third pocket at which time the reels spin. If the reels match up on a symbol or number, the 'fever' mode starts and a larger door/flap opens towards the bottom where you then funnel as many balls as you can. The 4 lights under the reels indicate the number of 'saved' spins currently awaiting the current spin to complete. It is recommended that you 'pause' the shooting once you get the 4 llights light and let the spins that are saved run the course as any spins you win after 4 are saved are simply ignored.

I had a Y&O and it was an okay but it just visited my home for a bit before it found some one who loved it more than I did. ie., they were willing to pay cash for it. <grin>

Good luck and hope this helps. I'm sure others will give you a more detailed play process.
    Rusty Key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

please post a few pics im sure we can answer any other questions ya might have
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not sure if this will come thru, but here's a picture...I don't have a pic of the back of the machine and that was what I was wondering about.
    Are there things there that I need to know about, like a volume control, reset button, game conrols, etc??

6. The following user says "Thanks" to richiep1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

most machines of this year dont have much for volume controles.. there are some on ebay that are very small and work great.. but they to have to be soldered in.. I dont have access to e-bay from work or i would post a link for ya..

im not sure of a reset.. as for game play fill the top back hopper.. put a handfull or two of balls in the front hopper and turn the handel..

geting ball in certin pockets will get your different payouts.. balls in the ceter will start the centerfeature.. when ya get a match the feaver door will open and you will get lots of payout..

keep the top back hopper filled with balls and ya should be good to go..

if the machines is not working a pic of the back would be a great help
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks all...no the game does work...I'm just the type of guy who likes to know what components do what.

Also, there are a couple of things (handles, knobs) in the back that someone took the time to paint yellow, seems to me that they must
    be important or do something, like for instance the door latch handle was painted yellow...that one I could have figured out for myself.
    but there are others.

As far as the fever round, I assume that's fairly rare...haven't hit it yet...

I made a couple of nice self standing cabinets for both my pachinkos...will post pics soon.

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to richiep1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I attached a few of pics...The first is of the shooter. It has this box behind it with the two dials. They don't seem to do much but if I turn them all the way down low the shooter doesn't work, when I turn them up, it does. What are they? Next, there is a box on the rear with a flashing number..usually it flashes "0". What it this..what do the codes mean? Lastly, I attached a couple of pics of the cabinets I made...painted them usuing the style of my old EM pinball machines...what do you think? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to richiep1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

for your info your mordermachine is called o-bake land.. the two dials are for the shooter as your explaned.. one adjust how hard the shooter shoots.. the other adjust how much contact is required to the earth ring to make the shooter work..

the numbers are for errors..

o-bake land 002.jpg

i think there is a post that tells what each one is translated to

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by richiep1 View Post
    Lastly, I attached a couple of pics of the cabinets I made...painted them usuing the style of my old EM pinball machines...what do you think? Thanks.
    IMHO, the painted cabinets don't do the machines any favours. I admire your skill in crafting them, as it's certain I could not reproduce anything similar, however they are not suited to a japanese pachinko machine, again, IMHO only. American EM pinball has nothing to do with the Japanese game, and likewise, I would never dress up my old Gottlieb's in various Japanese motifs of any kind - that wouldn't make sense.

And... (sorry to be contrary today, but...) your modern machine is not O-bake Land. Judging by the photo you posted above, it's actually Nishijin's CR麻王伝説EX (http://www.mansai777.com/machine/det...el_id/m0000673), which translates as CR Asaou Densetsu EX, or CR (Card Reader), Asaou (Hemp King), Densetsu (Legend), EX (excellent or extra - Nishijin in-house model identifier). I'd just call it the Hemp King Legend machine...

If you look carefully on the back of your machine, you 'll see these exact Japanese kanji characters in block white writing : CR麻王伝説EX and that's your machine name.

Enjoy.
    There is always another machine around the corner...

16. The following user says "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
    And... (sorry to be contrary today, but...) your modern machine is not O-bake Land. Judging by the photo you posted above, it's actually Nishijin's CR麻王伝説EX (http://www.mansai777.com/machine/det...el_id/m0000673), which translates as CR Asaou Densetsu EX, or CR (Card Reader), Asaou (Hemp King), Densetsu (Legend), EX (excellent or extra - Nishijin in-house model identifier). I'd just call it the Hemp King Legend machine...

sorry for the confusion.. but O-Bake land is the Mordern in the frame he built.. its hard to see but its definetly o-bake..
    pic in Post #8
    Last edited by Moparformances; 02-14-2012 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Attached Images Attached Images

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    sorry for the confusion.. but O-Bake land is the Mordern in the frame he built.. its hard to see but its definetly o-bake..
    pic in Post #8
    Ohhhh, I see - sorry Mopar. Quite right - I was of course identifying the machine in the very first post.

<exits quietly thru side door...>
    There is always another machine around the corner...

22. The following user says "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
    Ohhhh, I see - sorry Mopar. Quite right - I was of course identifying the machine in the very first post.

<exits quietly thru side door...>
    no worries.. my post was clear as mud...

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How do you empty the jackpot feed? also is there a dump button like the 70s machines? I would love a better way than dropping balls into the cups with the glass open. also having a fully emptied machine for transport and for cleaning the balls.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is usually a dump switch of some sort on the rear right hand side of the machine. Generally in the top half. Some machines may vary, but that seems to pretty consistent in my experience. A machine that old may still have a ball dump hole in the front that you can poke a straightened paper clip through to release the balls.

27. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do you mean. When you want to refill the front tray. Is it a CR machine with the two additional buttons on the front?
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Do you mean. When you want to refill the front tray. Is it a CR machine with the two additional buttons on the front?
    It is one with the small screen and two buttons on the tray. But I want to remove every ball from the system

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

in that case. Most moderns I have seen don't, When I ship a machne. I remove the payout motor and drain the balls that way. then turn the payout motor upside down to get any balls left in the mech out.
    Ian #UKPachinko

31. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    in that case. Most moderns I have seen don't, When I ship a machne. I remove the payout motor and drain the balls that way. then turn the payout motor upside down to get any balls left in the mech out.
    Thanks. That's unfortunate

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast