Thread: Olympia Super Bunny... not feeling all that super.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Olympia Super Bunny... not feeling all that super.

First of all, would like to thank all of the knowledgeable posters who make this forum fun and informative to read. This is my first post, but I have been a short-term stalker on this forum, lurking and reading up on machines before I took the plunge.

And I did. Bought a Olympia Super Bunny (with a red background), with the full knowledge it did not work correctly, with the hopes that it would not become a very expensive doorstop (or Million God machine equivalent) (sorry, Eddie) with the help of the friendly and knowledgeable souls here. Let me give you a timeline and symptom breakdown, and I will send pictures if need be later.

Several months ago... machine worked perfectly. No problems besides last owners lack of interest. Machine enters storage in closet.
    Several days ago... machine is pulled out and started up. Will not function. Front lit up, but nothing works. Was not witness to this.
    Yesterday... machine transported to me. Fired it up, top LCD reads an "e", middle LCD reads an "e", bottom LCD reads an "e". Huh. Open it up with the keys, examined hopper. It's empty, of course. Loaded it with tokens, reset it with key. Closed box. Lights, no action. Ignorantly forgot to keep a test token. Open box, extract one token from the top, and all the tokens proceed to be ejected from the bottom of the hopper, like a monster jackpot had just been hit. This happens with the body door still open. Hopper jams, will not stop trying to eject last two tokens. Turn machine off and remove them.

Now, with hopper unjammed and reloaded, start up again. No lights, fan hums, power supply light on, but no front lights, no LCDs, no nothing. If the fan wasn't running, you wouldn't know the machine was even on. No time to play more with it then, loaded it up and brought it home.

Today... the machine now has two states. The state I described above, where only the fan runs, which is what I get after any reset or attempt to tinker with it. But when you FIRST fire it up after it sits for a period of time longer than an hour, there is, in fact, a slim, almost minute chance that the machine may in fact light the top most machine lights. Nothing else. Just those. And even with all the reading I've done, I'm not 100% sure where to start. The fan is getting power. Some lights, some times, are getting power. The front five fuses have been removed, examined, and tested (visually) to be good. The bulbs, with a few minor exceptions, seem to be in large, good. The machine will not accept tokens, just run straight out the bottom tray. The connections are good. The machine is VERY clean inside. The transformer looks to have been replaced once. It's spliced in, and the writing on it is in English. Hopper does work. The LCDs have worked yesterday. I have followed the instructions for a reset several times.

I need help on what to try next. Any suggestions are appreciated.

-The Doc

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Dr_Foxsly