Thread: Ball shooter not working GT time machine help Pachitalk users !!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Ball shooter not working GT time machine help Pachitalk users !!!

Hey Pachitalk Users,
    I am new to this site but a massive fan of pashislo and pachinko I own 4 machines in total as follows

Pachislo

Fist of the North Star Sammy Machine 2004 era just restored 2 years !! But new LCD screen required got lines
    Fire Drift Sammy. 2004 era working great just replaced coin sensor mech and I have 1 whole machine for spares

Pachinko

Magic Lamp. Monako ? Era ? Working order just made some feet for machine

GT time Bisty era ? Ball shooter non operational but got machine working fired up bought as spares but trying to repair Please help all Pachitalk users both machines do not have dongles looks like there are some stuff soldered to the dongle slot on magic lamp Wierd !!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Ball shooter not working GT time machine help Pachitalk users !!!

if there is not a bypass dongle on the Bisty the shooter will not work. The magic lamp may have one plugged in that is just not covered, if you look close it may pull of. If so then you can try it on the other machine and see if that makes it work. I have seen where people have connected the components to the 25 pin "D" connector but that is very rare
    the

LLTR

3. The following user says "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Owennewton,
    Just inspected the back of the magic lamp and the 25 pin d connector and there is a small component plugged into the back of it suppose this is the dongle you refer to but... The front of the working machine does not lite up or credits etc ...perhaps its a home made version ...I am going to pull the GT time bitsy machine out to have a look and put this into the slot ...getting quite excited now I really hope this may be the case !!

I only bought the GT time for spares which is a better machine than magic lamp even though it does take pride and place in my home along with my pashislo !,

Pashinko fever !!! Watch this space gang

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If your entire machine doesn't light up maybe your transformer has a problem?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

every one of the dongles I have seen was hand built. Most by importers but some were clearly homemade. There is even a thread around here someplace with instructions on how to build one.
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Pachitalk users,
    This is a big thanks to owennewton and drunkenclam there was a soldered device with compacitors and stuff soldered to it !! on the 25 pin connector where this dongle device goes ...I still need to purchase these devices x 2 any reliable contact details please forward on this thread
    I am happy !!! GT time is now working I swapped it from my magic lamp machine and Bingo !!

Just to hear the sound of the little pachinko balls running around the machine is great Pachinko Fever !!! I will post photos for all users of my machines x 4

Thanks to you all for your help

8. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to ryantiger99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can i just copy the one I have as it works in both machines luckily I have a maplin or radio shack next where I work in London

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got a spare basic one you can have, But nothing beats a daverob dongle
    Ian #UKPachinko

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

first off

Welcome to Pachitalk
    I would not waste my time building a bypass dongle.. the home made looking thing ya have is still refered to as a dongle.. DaveRob's units are the ones that will make the lights on the ball loan buttons light up and work

save the time and $$$ for a DaveRob dongle.. there the next best thing since sliced bread
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok Sorry for the short answer, I was getting nagged

Daverob's page has a section on how to make a dongle
    Pachinko Pre-paid Card and Card Reader Unit History and Technical Information by Pinball Dave

You should be able to get all the parts from maplins, if you can find a sensible member of staff.
    I do have 2 spares as I have upgraded mine to the Daverob wonder dongle. That reinstalls the use of the two buttons on the front. If you ever wall mount your machines or put them in a sealed cabinet, You can't live without them. Shot me a PM with your address and I'll stick one in an evelope for you, If you want..

Oh and I must not forget

Welcome ABoard
    Ian #UKPachinko

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

Sounds like Drunkenclam has you sorted

Great to have another UK member onboard and looking forward to hearing more about your pachis

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Pachitalk users,
    Thanks for the warm welcome and for all of your assistance
    Just to give you guys an update after getting GT time working took a trip down to the electrical wholesaler because the transformers which I have are not mounted to the internal wooden frame and pachinko balls dropping onto the live transformer is quite scary ...so I bought 2 accessory boxes ip65 rated for the transformers to go inside of and some cable glands.
    As some times when I come back from the pub/bar/club/pool hall I like to play pachinko

And. Did not want to get an electric shock !!!
    Read pinball daven web page and the manuals ROCK !!!

18. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to ryantiger99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You asked about a large power supply. RS do a PSU rated at 1000va at 24vac with 230-400 vac input. I make that 41A output, should be enough for 4 machines. But I would put a fuse in before each machine.

RS website currently down so can't post a link or get a price, but it was over £200
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Additional

Farnell do one at the same rating with 2 secondary coils for £103 + vat
    STEU1000/48 - BLOCK - TRANSFORMER, 1KVA, 230/400V, 2 | Farnell United Kingdom

But if you want to go really high output, try this bad boy
    weighting in at 28kg with output rating of 2.5kva (approx 104A)
    ABT7PDU250B - SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC - TRANSFORMER, 2.5KVA, 2 X 24V | Farnell United Kingdom
    Only £400

I guess if running 10 machines in a round pod it might make sense
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool Re: Ball shooter not working GT time machine help Pachitalk users !!!

Hey drunkenclam
    Thanks for your advise I have just been working on my sammy fist of the north machine I had to find and replace LCD screen as there was a few lines going through the screen ...I managed to find a spare screen hatachi for sale on eBay which happened to be for a sat nav navi navi 7 device !! Believe it or not !! Delivered from new York in USA and worked perfect there is still 2 left these maybe be the only spare screens in the world !! I have tried every one and even hatachi UK and they were not very interested
    I think with the right dimensions top left and right I might be able to get some thing printed out

There are many graphics to use for fist of he north star ...just wondering if any one has tried this already ?
    Last edited by ryantiger99; 03-11-2012 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost