Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: can you identify this part for me?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default can you identify this part for me?

I was hoping you could help me out.

I recently purchased a Nishijin Pachinko machine (i believe it is a Type "B")

I found a small plastic piece that apparently broke off a larger part and was hoping you could identify it for me and tell me whether I can repair and/or replace it and where and how it would be installed.

I believe it is part of the loading/shooting assembly as that is not workingIMG_2106.JPG.

I am attaching a photo of the part.

Thanks,

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to bobandyo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: can you identify this part for me?

Welcome to Pachitalk!!!

I am sure someone will be on shortly that can help. I am really not sure what the piece is.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!! Thanks for becoming a member.

The part you are holding is part of the ball loader arm. I have attached a picture that shows you the proper location in the machine. Do you have the other part of it?

Pachi1.jpg

Again, welcome to our forum where there is never a dumb question to be asked. We really enjoy helping everyone with the hobby, so please visit us daily and post often.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

6. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I see your circled loader arm but I don't see where my piece of it fits in with it. I thought it belonged in that area because my balls do not make it from the white lever piece in the door to the metal track in the body. It also seems that even if I can determine where the fix needs to be I still will have trouble because that section is not accessible without taking out the little pin rivets. Sorry about my terminology.

What am I missing?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The part that is in your picture fits inside the clear plastic area. As for the pin rivets (we call them 'E-clips"), you can remove them with some small needle nose pliers or the tip on an awl.

I will try to get a better picture of the actual part when I get home and post it for you.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

little different then yours but ya should get the idea

pachinko lift tab 003.jpgpachinko lift tab 004.jpg
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

and me with no manners again

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks to everyone - you have all been very helpful. I found the other half of the broken piece inside the plastic loader assembly box. I am attempting to glue it back together but given the location of the break (minimal surface area to work with) as well as the stress this part must deal with i'm not optinistic that this will hold for very long. I may try to reinforce it in some way - more on this later.
    I found another plastic part IMG_2112.jpg hanging from just below and behind where the ball would load onto the metal track, (the picture is taken from the rear of the machine). The black wire seen near the top of the picture looks like it could move the plastic bit if it moved to the left but I don't see where that interaction would do anything so just curious if you see anything in the photo (or not in the photo) that needs to be addressed.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

every thing in that pic looks 100% right..

when ya pull the handle the wire pushes that plastic pics back.. that plastic piece moves your broken piece that should load a ball to the shooter..

as for your repair Epoxy should would work great.. dont get to carried away with your repair ... if it ends up to heavy it will not balance right and will not work..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't see how the plastic piece in the photo above is suppose to engage my broken piece to move the ball onto the track. It seems to me the plastic piece just stops the launcher from movingtoo far past the point of imapcting the ball.

My first attempt at gorilla gluing the ball loader seemed to work until I re-installed it and closed the case. Something ammed and it eventually re-broke. I am attempting to re-glue.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: can you identify this part for me?

Quote Originally Posted by bobandyo View Post
    I don't see how the plastic piece in the photo above is suppose to engage my broken piece to move the ball onto the track. It seems to me the plastic piece just stops the launcher from movingtoo far past the point of imapcting the ball.

My first attempt at gorilla gluing the ball loader seemed to work until I re-installed it and closed the case. Something ammed and it eventually re-broke. I am attempting to re-glue.
    If you watch the first two minutes of the animation / video for the model A, it shows the ball loading pieces in action. This is almost identical to the model B. There are at least three variations of the plastic piece broken on your machine and they are not interchangeable.
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...animation.html

I'm not familiar with gorilla glue but have had GREAT luck with LOCTITE, two part, epoxy glue for plastics from Home Depot. If you can post a picture of both your broken pieces, someone might be able to mail you one or suggest a way to reinforce it.
    Last edited by CarlW; 02-03-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes it is spring loaded - but I dont see how the spring is to be stretched. I think there is something wrong with the plastic item that I show in the picture that I posted at 12:12 above.
    1. First of all it seems to be too short because when the black wire that is attached to the lever moves to the left (pushing the plastic piece) it goes past and under it releasing the plastic piece so it just hangs there like dead weight with the wire now stuck on the wrong side of it and seemingly no way for it to get back in position without me manually intervening.
    2. In addition there is an inch long extension off the plastic piece that extends towards the front that ends just below the metal track - I imagine this is somehow supposed to interact with the spring loaded ball loader that is in the lower front panel but I dont see how ( its rather difficult to see because this interaction can only happen if the front panel is closed.

I will try to make a video if I can get the broken ball loading piece fixed and installed (hopefully tomorrow)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to Pachitalk!

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread yet but got a basic idea of what you need help with.

I saw the pic. of the piece in question and immediately knew where it went. And it just so happens that I'm restoring a machine at the moment that is the same year as yours. So I took a picture of the loader (at bottom) I hope it helps you out. If you need anything else please let us know we will help you out as quickly as possible.

And once again welcome!
    -Max

004.JPG

100 machines and counting...

18. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

great pic Max.. i dont think i have seen a lifter like that befor..

Interesting

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes, that is the piece (well, mine is still in 2 pieces) Because of the odd shape I don't see how I could fabricate a replacement and I'm not optimistic that the glue will do the trick. So if you can offer some suggestions on where I could procure a replacement or an idea for a workaround that would be very helpful.

Also, I am still in the dark how the ball lifter is controlled. I believe the hanging plastic (see comments @ posts 12:02 PM and 6:02 PM) has something to do with it but can't figure it out.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to bobandyo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes, that is the piece (well, mine is still in 2 pieces) Because of the odd shape I don't see how I could fabricate a replacement and I'm not optimistic that the glue will do the trick. So if you can offer some suggestions on where I could procure a replacement or an idea for a workaround that would be very helpful.

Also, I am still in the dark how the ball lifter is controlled. I believe the hanging plastic (see comments @ posts 12:02 PM and 6:02 PM) has something to do with it but can't figure it out.

I can check to see if I may have a spare. But don't count on it. Also are you located in New York? or Afghanistan? Just trying to figure out what shipping may be.

The only other thing I could think of doing is casting a new one. I am capable of doing that it is just the time and cost it takes to make one. (may cost close to $30 just for making a mold for that part.)

I'm not sure what you mean about how it works but if it helps you I guess I could make a quick video. (you won't be able to view it till Sunday though due to my schedule.)

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    great pic Max.. i dont think i have seen a lifter like that befor..

Interesting
    Yeah it is odd. I think they only used them on machines from 75. (you know the ones with the white upper tray with the big blue band.)

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes it is spring loaded - but I dont see how the spring is to be stretched. I think there is something wrong with the plastic item that I show in the picture that I posted at 12:12 above.
    1. First of all it seems to be too short because when the black wire that is attached to the lever moves to the left (pushing the plastic piece) it goes past and under it releasing the plastic piece so it just hangs there like dead weight with the wire now stuck on the wrong side of it and seemingly no way for it to get back in position without me manually intervening.
    2. In addition there is an inch long extension off the plastic piece that extends towards the front that ends just below the metal track - I imagine this is somehow supposed to interact with the spring loaded ball loader that is in the lower front panel but I dont see how ( its rather difficult to see because this interaction can only happen if the front panel is closed.

I will try to make a video if I can get the broken ball loading piece fixed and installed (hopefully tomorrow)
    1. The wire needs to be bent so that it does not go all the way past. The wire rotates (pivots) the plastic piece. It pushes down on your broken piece (loading a ball)
    2. Remove the plastic piece and take a picture. It should be secured by two screws, one of which has a star, lock washer. It is definitely possible that it is broken because the part it interacts with is broken on your machine.
    If somone forced it enough to break the plastic both pieces could have broken.
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did find what I think is that part... from the power flash type machines?

The first picture is not the best - was trying to show how the two parts line up to each other...
    Attached Images Attached Images

28. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the input and info.

1. I am in NYC (Brooklyn)
    2. I tried to take a video this morning but am having trouble uploading it - will try again later.
    3. I will also try to take off the plastic piece in the back - perhaps it is broken - compared to your photo it looks incomplete.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast