Thread: UPS Shipping Damage

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default UPS Shipping Damage

Just received my Hanabi Hyakkei, tokens falling out the box during shipment. Box looked good, foam and packing in place, but when I opened the box and pulled the machine out WOW ! door pushed to one side, top of reels cage bent to one side, I am talking steel was bent, light bulb was hanging.
    It seems this thing must have fallen eight feet and took a sudden stop to make at those parts shift. Once door was open it would not close again, bag of tokens split open along the seam from the shift and sudden force to stop.

UPS picked up today no big deal. Has anyone else seen this same type of damage.
    Harley Davidson ** King Camel ** Las Vagas ** Adams Family ** Dragon Dice ** Super Black Jack ** Sinbad Adventure ** Big Bomber ** Austin Powers ** Babel ** Hot Rod Queen ** Las Vegas**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: UPS Shipping Damage

it sounds like it was dropped off a forklift, loading dock or truck.

or all the above!!!!!!

i'm glad fedex has delivered all my machines!!!!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Utopia1dc

Default Re: UPS Shipping Damage

Quote Originally Posted by ol-pachiman
    Just received my Hanabi Hyakkei, tokens falling out the box during shipment. Box looked good, foam and packing in place, but when I opened the box and pulled the machine out WOW ! door pushed to one side, top of reels cage bent to one side, I am talking steel was bent, light bulb was hanging.
    It seems this thing must have fallen eight feet and took a sudden stop to make at those parts shift. Once door was open it would not close again, bag of tokens split open along the seam from the shift and sudden force to stop.

UPS picked up today no big deal. Has anyone else seen this same type of damage.
    I had an issue last month with a UPS package from PP (and they promptly took care of it), but not as bad as you have described. A different machine I got delivered through FedEx was handled alot better though.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

LOL.............Funny how that works. I have had nothing but good luck with UPS. Three machines and hundreds of other items (I do most of my shopping through the internet) all through UPS in perfect shape. In fact, we have
    become good friends with our UPS person (he even offered to help carry my new washer in). NOW our fedEx guy really sucks. The one machine I had problems with came through fedEx. The front of the machine looked like a fork lift ran into it. The circuit boards were knock out. Now this isn't a single event. Our fedex guy likes to play hide-n-seek with our stuff. I came home one day and found a box in the back of the house, and it was raining. He will but boxes in the driveway, at the basement door but the one thing he will never do is put the box at the front door.

I noticed that some of the sellers have stated that shipping things to the south (where I live), causes the most problems. I wonder if they find that with both fedex and UPS. Or is just one of them.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Utopia1dc

Quote Originally Posted by johntofva
    LOL.............Funny how that works. I have had nothing but good luck with UPS. Three machines and hundreds of other items (I do most of my shopping through the internet) all through UPS in perfect shape. In fact, we have
    become good friends with our UPS person (he even offered to help carry my new washer in). NOW our fedEx guy really sucks. The one machine I had problems with came through fedEx. The front of the machine looked like a fork lift ran into it. The circuit boards were knock out. Now this isn't a single event. Our fedex guy likes to play hide-n-seek with our stuff. I came home one day and found a box in the back of the house, and it was raining. He will but boxes in the driveway, at the basement door but the one thing he will never do is put the box at the front door.

I noticed that some of the sellers have stated that shipping things to the south (where I live), causes the most problems. I wonder if they find that with both fedex and UPS. Or is just one of them.
    To be honest, I think it's a total crap shoot. It depends on how many hubs it has to go through, if some guy was mad at his wife when he was handling your package, and of course your driver. When ever I buy one that needs to be shipped I pray to the Pachi Gods for a safe arrival!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No problems with vendor or UPS they picked it up already. Just could not belive my eyes. these machine are tuff but I wondering if anyone has seen this before, UPS will more than likely pay the vendor but this thing is way pass going back on E-Bay for resale.
    Harley Davidson ** King Camel ** Las Vagas ** Adams Family ** Dragon Dice ** Super Black Jack ** Sinbad Adventure ** Big Bomber ** Austin Powers ** Babel ** Hot Rod Queen ** Las Vegas**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just had to send one back to PP after UPS roughed it up. I live in the same area as John who posted above. So, it goes to show it is a crap shoot. I agree, it is not really the driver, they have the end of the line part. It is HOW it gets from CA to VA. Lots of places for a rough handling events....
    Gold God - Don Don King - Kung Fu Lady II - New Pulsar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We should come up with a mantra for the pachi god.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I recieved my HH through PP last monday. It was shipped ups. I wish they double boxed their machines. The machine had very minor dings in the cabinet from being knocked around in shipping.Nothing worth complaining about though.
    *Fever Wanted*Thunderzone*/ *Paijima*Oh Hanabi*Automatic*Nobunaga No Yobou(King of the battle world)*Hanabi Hyakkei*Speed Racer*Thunderbirds*Babel*Gold X*Beast Sapp*King Camel*Fire Drift*

Utopia1dc

Quote Originally Posted by rebonz
    I recieved my HH through PP last monday. It was shipped ups. I wish they double boxed their machines. The machine had very minor dings in the cabinet from being knocked around in shipping.Nothing worth complaining about though.
    I spoke at length last month with Eric from PP about how they pack their machines. I had one with some damage and he took care of it ASAP, but he insisted there packaging was second to none, which I disagree somewhat, as I would like to see a little more padding and a double box as well. Having said all this I would and will order from them again, because I know he will take care of any problems that arise, so it's not that big of a risk for me.