Thread: My new capture system

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My new capture system

FINALLY!!! I got around to finishing my capture system for my Pachi's. I am working on finishing the game room, but that's ongoing. I think I'm going to do something different for my vintages. I used part of an idea I got from the pictures I saw from OwenNewton's vchannel system in his island set-up. I had the gutter part for a long time. I made a video of how I did it and the final result. Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWNyQlU1NA
    Brent G.- Roswell, NM 5 Vintages, 6 Moderns
    Need an Arepachi, and a Power Flush (Got It!) Sinbad pinball (Got It!)!!!

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to who922

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My new capture system

I'm amazed that the balls didn't shift that flashing or bounce out. I didn't see you screw down the V shaped sections with the flashing attached.
    I'm glad it works tho.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have been watching my setup and as long as the balls are falling down onto the flashing there is no bounce at all. The flashing seems to suck the energy out of the balls. The only issue I have is with eva 5, it sends the balls out at odd angles sometimes totally at random and that will bounce them on the edge and out of the track, I have fixed that for now with a paper towel tube cut down and duck taped to the outlet on the machine. No spills in the last 30,000 balls played. I do need to reattach some of my tracks as I had to break connections when swapping machines around.
    the

LLTR

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I found out when I tried ussing PVC plumbing that the balls would come out all over the place. That's why I went with a funnel like I did and really got it up in there.
    At some point I just might try a setup like this when I am using a bigger table with machines on both sides and a central ball collector.
    For now I have to work on a hopper design that will actually work.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think that's a good way to put it, Owen. It is like it just takes the energy out of the ball. I don't get any bouncing. Only one time did I have a ball bounce up into the little "C" area of the gutter. it stayed there all the way to the end and then missed the bucket. I am very pleased!! When people would play it was just a constant mess of trying to catch the balls and then move the machine to retrieve, etc...nightmare!!! Everyone has been playing since this has worked. I'm debating whether or not to do this with my vintages. They seem to be more individualized. Next thing will be some sort of feed system. I also need more balls. I have a thousand or two packed away somewhere that I haven't been able to find since my move 3 years ago!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

@Steve, oh yeah I did screw down the flaps. Maybe I neglected to show that. I found that it was VERY important to put pilot holes in everything I did with the 1X4; I split the wood 3 different times when I was prototyping!! That was one of my main reasons for making the flaps at least an inch. I filmed this with my iPhone and then put it together in Windows Movie Maker, so I couldn't show much of the actual work because I only had one hand free.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's really cool... Thanks for making that video and sharing it.
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's great to see different ideas on ball collecting. Thanks for sharing that
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can't afford a ball lifter so I reload the old fashioned way, with the arm and hand holding a cup and dumping the balls into the top hopper.I made a funnel that sends the balls into a collecting shute in the cabinet that drop the balls into a cup. When the cup gets full the shute has a shut off dial I turn that closes the shute and I dump the balls at the top hopper box, then place the cup back at the shute and turn the dial back open and the balls coming out to the cup again.Not hightec but it works.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by who922 View Post
    @Steve, oh yeah I did screw down the flaps. Maybe I neglected to show that. I found that it was VERY important to put pilot holes in everything I did with the 1X4; I split the wood 3 different times when I was prototyping!! That was one of my main reasons for making the flaps at least an inch. I filmed this with my iPhone and then put it together in Windows Movie Maker, so I couldn't show much of the actual work because I only had one hand free.

Yes I saw he flaps screwed down, what I meant was screwing down the pieces with the whole flashing onto the pachinko machine itself.
    I didn't see that but I would think it would move if you didn't.
    You are 100% right about the pilot holes I know because I have a lot of wood that's split because I didn't predrill.
    I can't afford a ball lifter so I reload the old fashioned way, with the arm and hand holding a cup and dumping the balls into the top hopper.I made a funnel that sends the balls into a collecting shute in the cabinet that drop the balls into a cup. When the cup gets full the shute has a shut off dial I turn that closes the shute and I dump the balls at the top hopper box, then place the cup back at the shute and turn the dial back open and the balls coming out to the cup again.Not hightec but it works.

You should definitely post some pics!
    I'm trying to rig up a Hopper for my Herman Munster Feet Pachinkos.
    I need some ideas.
    Last edited by Steve Cebu; 01-26-2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Steve, I didn't screw them into the Pachinkos. I did cut them where they're pretty snug under there. Maybe they will at some point, but they haven't moved for 4 days now! What I did think about (and may still do if it's a problem) is to put two screws in the 2X4 until they barely stick out to hold it in place.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to who922

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That might work, I tested my funnels by doing 6-7 ball drops that's emptying the entire hopper 6-7 times to test for strength.
    It didn't budge. My concern was if it did move there would be ball all over the place, at least more than there usually is.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm working on the same project, my first design was with 2 inch black pipe, and it failed, so plan B is a open gutter system like yours, what I noticed in your video and in my first design, is that it is very noisy, you get used to the noise the machine makes, but the echo of balls hitting the gutter, and landing in collecting can may start to bug you.

Thanks for the video, you may want to upgrade your gutter to lose the extra noise, I'm planning on using leather, should be strong enough to not dent, and thick enough to stop the hitting, rolling, and any other sounds from behind the machine I don't want to hear

Again, thanks for posting video

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Would some of that rubber insulating spray work to dull the sound? Like that flexseal stuff? I was thinking if it dried smooth enough it would dull the sound but not impede the balls from rolling.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I put a rubber pad in the bucket. The large part of the noise is the ball hitting the bucket, so it really helped. I don't get much gutter noise. You're right, that thumping got old quick!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i would use spray glue and some cloth on the gutter... (even cloth on the outside of the gutter would mufffel the sound allot

at the end of the gutter i would install a tube sock or sew a tube of cloth for the balls to fall threw. this will slow the fall of the balls and keep the sound down (the smaller diamater the better.. the longer the better.. both will kill the amount of balls your bucket is holding)

what about some kind of sprial device so they roll into the bucket???
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I use hobby foam sqares that I cut into strips they have self sticking backs on them,I buy them at walmart they come in all colors and can be cut to any shape and form to all kinds of shapes they are about 3/32 thick and really absorb sound.I have put it inside the funnels and in the bottom of the cups i use to collect the balls that fall in them.They are cheap about $3.00 for 6- 1' squares

22. The following user says "Thanks" to yose