Thread: My Street Casanova Ave i n Monterey,California got LED Street Lights !!

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My Street Casanova Ave i n Monterey,California got LED Street Lights !!

Well it only took 10 years for my street to get the cool ,new LED street lamps and I think that my street is the 1st in Monterey, California to get them

http://ledway-px.rtrk.com/Home.aspx

Plenty of Information on this site about them
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My Street Casanova Ave i n Monterey,California got LED Street Lights !!

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My Street Casanova Ave i n Monterey,California got LED Street Lights !!

6. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I do like the LED streetlamps! In Dayton, Ohio the only place that I know of that has them is a bridge that crosses the Great Miami River. They look good, and project the light straight down. This prevents upward light pollution which is a good thing if you own a telescope! However at least 2 are not working...and one head is completely missing! I doubt the city removed it, unless for testing for failure results. More likely one of the many local scumbags stole it! If so probably one that was still working, too bad they weren't electrocuted in the process.I suspect this will be a test bed...and probably a long time before we get more. I know the initial cost is large, but the savings are large too!

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it is the way to go. I remember the first led light bulb I got to replace screw in bulbs about 10 years ago, it was dim, had a strange color and after just a few months the resistors in the board burnt up like a cheap volume control in a Lumina frame. It was an over priced failure but the tech has advanced a lot thanks to attempts like it. If cities like mine started by doing all new installs with these and say, replace the old lights with them when they burn out it would be an easier way to start the change. Then reinvest the savings from the power use reductions into changing more out in just a few years the whole town could be lit with LED's.
    the

LLTR

10. The following user says "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the big question is

Spoiler
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    the big question is

Spoiler
    That is an issue down south isn't it?

They look cool. And will probably save a lot of money long run.

I love how the guy in the video says maintenance costs go away They won't go away. LD has a good example and so does pachiwall. Plus I know for a fact that there are many natural disasters that will take them out. (like lightning it struck a light only a block away from us. I slept through that though , ended up being informed in the morning. But they would still have to replace the light.)

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think what was meant is that LED lights are no maintaince for normal operation unlike other lights that need bulbs replaced.
    Lights do get taken out in bad weather and in accidents but that isn't all that normal. In some states they make for good target practice along with road signs.
    Cost savings in teh city electric bill is huge.
    The reason that LED lights project down is they tend to be directional lights and some have a good amount of spill but generally not as much as other types of lights.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are some pics of the ones in Dayton.hi rez cell 001.jpg And the missing one.hi rez cell 002.jpg My van parked on the sidewalk in the background...didn't want to walk 2 blocks. and a closeup of the head.hi rez cell 003.jpg I didn't have a tripod, so the night pics are useless...but here they are.hi rez cell 009.jpghi rez cell 010.jpghi rez cell 011.jpghi rez cell 012.jpg I'm sure they are waiting to work the bugs out before phasing them in.

15. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

And here are some pictures of the LED street lamps on my street. Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received