Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Any Takers?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Any Takers?

It looks like they're going to try to run the business.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/2816089233.html

That ad right there is for the same machine they sold prior, and they're offering warranties, but it's going to the son's number now. I guess the wishes aren't being honored, but atleast we know what's going on with it now. I wouldn't be surprised to see Slot-Pachinko back up soon if they keep going this way.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Little wonder it was voted the Entertainment Value of 2009 and 2010.
    Again... the lies...
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was looking that up, I didn't see anywhere that they got that voted distinction, and I'm really iffy about the warranty offered by them at this point. I know Curt had some good skills and knew what he was doing, and I'd be iffy on the warranty they could offer now.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It looks like the business liquidation is still being advertised:

Pachinko Slot Machine Coin Business Inventory Supplies

The ad was updated/changed at some point today.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

did you offer s dollar
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Interesting. They are still more than likely trying to figure out what to do with the inventory. I wish they would make up their minds, because I really want to get a Planet of the Apes Machine. The money is burning a hole in my pocket waiting to spend. LOL

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think it's good if they liquidate their inventory by selling it on eBay. They will make more money and when they are out of machines they can sell what's left pretty easily.
    This also gives those of us who want to buy those machines a chance to do so.
    Paypal will require that they honor their agreement, so that should be good. most warranties are to give you piece of mind that when you buy it, it will actually be in working condition and not break a short while after owning it.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Steve Cebu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Little wonder it was voted the Entertainment Value of 2009 and 2010.
    These people should quit while they are ahead - sell the stock on eBay, get the hell outta' Dodge.
    There is always another machine around the corner...

10. The following user says "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My guess is that the family members that inherited slot-pachinko have been reading this thread and just used your order of 20 pachinko machines to find out which ones collectors might want most of the list they gave you, while picking through other machines that custom or blue have listed for sale to get value/prices to decide if its worth keeping slot-pachinko going or not

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I really hope not, for their sake. That order was people saying "I'd give ____ at most for this", and considering the 25000 ebay auction didn't even see a bid, and their alleged current count in their inventory, it would have been a better deal at that time, especially with them saying they didn't want to take the time to ship them. They may try to turn around and sell it separately or keep slot-pachinko running but most of that offer was the absolute highest people were willing to go. If they decide to go higher, I doubt people will buy. If they decide to keep the same offered prices, then everyone gets what they ordered and I simply don't have to be the middle man for shipping. This was an opportunity that I think could have been a better one than they give credit for, and if they're willing to lie to sell machines, they're going to lose a ton of business, even more now that the original owner has passed away and no one has any clue if Robert and his family can keep the business up to standards.

Also, I remember at one point that they said the warehouse they have is 1500 a month and they're planning to move to a warehouse that's only 100 a month by the end of february. It never really registered until now that there's probably a good reason it's at the 1500 a month warehouse. Either way, I just spent the same amount I would have given them for machines I was okay with getting for ones to be shipped from Japan that I really want. If they finally crack and sell wholesale, I may buy something, but as many others have stated, I have no intention of doing business with them beyond this point if they go this route with their business.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to wandererwillow

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by wandererwillow View Post
    I really hope not, for their sake. That order was people saying "I'd give ____ at most for this", and considering the 25000 ebay auction didn't even see a bid, and their alleged current count in their inventory, it would have been a better deal at that time, especially with them saying they didn't want to take the time to ship them. They may try to turn around and sell it separately or keep slot-pachinko running but most of that offer was the absolute highest people were willing to go. If they decide to go higher, I doubt people will buy. If they decide to keep the same offered prices, then everyone gets what they ordered and I simply don't have to be the middle man for shipping. This was an opportunity that I think could have been a better one than they give credit for, and if they're willing to lie to sell machines, they're going to lose a ton of business, even more now that the original owner has passed away and no one has any clue if Robert and his family can keep the business up to standards.

Also, I remember at one point that they said the warehouse they have is 1500 a month and they're planning to move to a warehouse that's only 100 a month by the end of february. It never really registered until now that there's probably a good reason it's at the 1500 a month warehouse. Either way, I just spent the same amount I would have given them for machines I was okay with getting for ones to be shipped from Japan that I really want. If they finally crack and sell wholesale, I may buy something, but as many others have stated, I have no intention of doing business with them beyond this point if they go this route with their business.
    I'm sure their emotions are running high with the sudden death in the family. We can only hope that they eventually come to their senses and realize that they need to move inventory to either end the business or keep the business going. If they want to keep the business going, they need to move the old titles and get some new titles in stock. That means they need cash flow from the business. Right now they have zero cash flow and expenses. I would like nothing more than to be able to do business with them, but until they either accept offers or start selling the inventory on eBay or through their website, I'm just waiting on the sidelines.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just shot a final email to them, basically going through a few things I've noted and trying to get a last deal set up. This is their response. Yup, all caps too.

THE PACHINKO BUSINESS HAS BEEN SOLD AND I AM THE ONE WHO BOUGHT IT, I BOUGHT EVERYTHING. ACTUALLY, MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW IT, BUT I AM THE ONE WHO IN THE VERY BEGINNING SET UP THE BUSINESS AND WEBSITE YEARS AGO. AS TIME MARCHED ON, I FOLLOWED THINGS AS THEY PROGRESSED. SO, I ACTUALLY KNOW JUST AS MUCH, IF NOT MORE, THAN DAD DID ABOUT THE ENTIRE OPERATION. I CHOSE NOT TO SELL MACHINES BECAUSE OF THE COMPETITION THING. AS IT STANDS, IN APPROX. 4 TO 8 WEEKS, THE WEBSITE WILL HAVE EVERYTHING LISTED AND THEIR PRICES. IF PEOPLE WANT TO BUY THEM AT THOSE PRICES, THAT IS FINE, THEY CAN AND WE WILL CONTINUE THE QUALITY AND SERVICE DAD STRIVED TO PROVIDE THROUGH THE YEARS. ON THE WEBSITE, THERE WILL ALSO BE LISTED ALL PARTS, BALLS, TRAYS, KEYS, ETC. FOR ANYONE TO BUY. IF PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO PAY THE PRICES ON THE WEBSITE, THAT IS FINE TOO. THE BUSINESS IS BEING KEPT IN THE FAMILY, SO IF THEY SELL IN A YEAR OR TEN YEARS, IT REALLY DOSE NOT MATTER. YES, I CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY, BUT AT THIS POINT, IT DOES NOT REALLY MATTER, SAY WHAT THEY WANT. TO MY KNOWLEDGE, THERE IS ONLY ABOUT ONE OTHER PERSON IN USA SELLING MACHINES AND THEY ARE ASKING ABOUT DOUBLE FOR THEIRS AS COMPARED TO WHAT THE PRICES WILL BE LISTED ON SLOT-PACHINKO.COM IN THE NEAR FUTURE. I HAVE NOT READ POST ON PACHITALK, BUT I HAVE HEARD A LOT THROUGH DIFFERENT SOURCES AND YOUR POST WAS ONE OF THE MOST TALKED ABOUT. ALSO, I JUST TALKED TO SOMEONE RECENTLY WHO SAYS MACHINES FROM JAPAN HAVE RIGHT AT DOUBLED BECAUSE OF VARIOUS REASONS AND THE FACT OF THE YEN RATIO TO USA DOLLARS. SO POINT GIVEN, AT THIS TIME, THERE ARE NO MACHINES FOR SALE, BUT THEY WILL BE LISTED ON THE WEBSITE SLOT-PACHINO.COM IN THE NEXT MONTH OR TWO. SOME SAY I AM DOING THEM WRONG, WHERE I HAVE DONE NOTHING BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE PERSON WHO HAS BOUGHT MACHINES IN THE LAST TWO MONTHS. JUST BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO GIVE THEM AWAY TO YOU AND OTHERS, I DON'T SEE WHERE I AM DOING ANYTHING WRONG. SO PEOPLE SAY WHAT THEY WILL, GOOD OR BAD, I REALLY DON'T HAVE TIME FOR ALL THAT DRAMA. I HOPE THIS WRAPS UP ALL THE QUESTIONS AND I LOOK FORWARD TO DOING BUSINESS IN THE FUTURE WITH ALL THE PACHITALKERS IF THEY WANT TO, IF THEY DO NOT WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH ME, THAT IS JUST THE WAY IT WILL HAVE TO BE, THEY WILL SELL TO SOMEONE, SOME TIME. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INTEREST AND SORRY THINGS COULDN'T WORK OUT...

16. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to wandererwillow

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmmm, guess we can wait and see what things look like when the website is up to date.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I guess if he's wlling to wait up to ten years to recoupe his investment thats his business

warehouse rent will be a burden on his profits
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

19. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Give the guy a chance. Wait and see what the up to date website looks like. Wipe the slate clean for those whom may of had a problem before and treat it like a new business. If they have a machine you want, and the price is sensible, then it's worth a try. But as per any business, good and bad feedback is welcome.
    Ian #UKPachinko

21. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I talked to them yesterday on a few things I was looking for. Plus mentioned as above that they were keeping the biz and he had been the one who set it up originally and the website as well. Hoping to have everything moved to the new warehouse soon and everything up and running in the next 4-6 weeks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All I wanted was to buy a Planet of the Apes machine from them. While they were trying to figure out what to do with the business I already found and bought the machine I wanted. I might get a cabinet from them in the future providing they don't raise their prices. I'm not sure where this "prices have doubled in Japan" is coming from as that is not what I have found. Shipping prices have gone up a little, but not the cost of goods.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is always a chance and by seeing previous pics that they din't actually have a complete or accurate inventory. After the move, I'm sure they will have a better idea of what they have and prices. I think it means exchange rates have shifted in an unfavourable way, It used to be ¥200 to £1 It's now ¥125. So in real terms the prices are almost double. But that shouldn't affect the current stock. Although try telling that to a company I sometimes deal with.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the market will determine what he ultimately sells them for.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

just read through this. Wow what a Thread. I really love catching up on past events.
    The website site states he will be in Missouri. I wonder if its close to me??
    Pachislo: Fire Drift , NEO Pharaoh Zetz
    Pachinko: New Art Masterpiece , Julie The Pinball, Top Gun, Indiana Jones, Lassen, STAR WARS, na na na na na na na BATMAAAN

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7