Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: OTOME Masakazu The Pachinko First Edition History of Pachinko to 1985

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: OTOME Masakazu The Pachinko First Edition History of Pachinko to 1985

well I tired going back and forth with the seller about buying this book after his listing expired. After a few weeks he told me he couldn't do what I was asking (under $40) and said the best he could do was give me 20% off. so I waited for him to relist it and let it expire again. this time i bumped my asking price. (still under $40) but then I get a message back saying the book had been sold. So I think someone over payed for it. I was just curious if a PT member bought it?

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: OTOME Masakazu The Pachinko First Edition History of Pachinko to 1985

I can tell you REALLY want this book.

My suggestion is to get in touch with our intermediary buyer in Japan, JUNO @ BidService (see other threads) and get him to start searching for you. Should still cost you less, shipped, than what everyone else is wanting to charge you.

Get him to keep an eye on both Yahoo Japan and Amazon Japan for you - one will turn up eventually for a buyable price.
    There is always another machine around the corner...

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Both copies I know of among members here were obtained on YJA as CFlip mentioned. I woulda paid up to a hundred or so for mine but I love books, especially hard to find ones. It's a beautiful book, lots of info (some of which I've translated), full color pictures with an explanation of every machine shown, plus there's hardly any other books out there about the history of these machines. Save up and pass on the next however many vintage machines, those are always easy to find.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i searched for it online and found quite a few websites selling it as Rival mentioned but they all led back to harper's books out of new york. if it were different sources then 250 would be a realistic price but since it's one seller, that assumption can't be made. but seeing how it is a book profiling the photography of the artist by way of pachinkos as opposed to a generic book on the subject printed by a huge publisher, it will probably always be pricey. at least here in the States. you could go online and find a company that specializes in rare books and have them do a search but your gonna have to loosen the purse strings.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2