View Poll Results: How long after your first machine did you want a new one?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 to 3 months

8 88.89%
  • 3 to 8 months

1 11.11%
  • 8 to 12 months

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Trade in program

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Trade in program

When someone asks me about the machines and about buying one a good question comes up. Do you get board with the machine after a while? I do want to be honest with them. So I tell them yes sometimes you do but there are ways to keep from getting board with them. I tell them I do not play them all the time and for long periods. I also tell them that is Wye I have more then one. So I can trade off on which machine I play. A person thinking of buying a machine then Says well I don't know if I would want more then one or could afford a few machines. I say well you could play it for a while then sell it and get a new on. Some have said that sounds like a lot of trouble and costly to advertise it for sale. I have ether lost sales or told that the machines are not for them. So I think I have a solution for the people in my area that can ether come to me or I go to them.Tell me what you think of this.

I tell them if you buy a machine I will do a trade in program with them. This is how it would work. I does not matter what machine it is or how much they paid for it. They play the machine for as long as they want and if at any time they say I would like a new one they call me. They can pick a machine I have on hand or I can get a machine they like. If the machine costs more then what they paid for the machine they are trading in they pay the difference. I charge them a flat rate of 30.00 to do the trade plus the difference if any for the new machine. Example- They buy the original machine for 200.00 they play it for two months. I charge the 30.00 to do the trade and the new machine 225.00. They are charged 55.00 and they get to play a new machine for as long as they want. For the 25.00 extra for the machine they are ether getting a better machine or the machine they want is going for more then the machine they had. It is costing them 30.00 for the time they had it. Another example- they keep it for a year. The new machine I can sell to them for the same price I sold the one before. Only charge is the 30.00 to do the exchange. Now the loophole for me the seller. I do not guarantee that I will take the machine back and or for the 30.00 dollars. If the machine does not work or is damaged in some way I can refuse or say I need more in a trade charge to cover a loss on the machine. Or the machine works fine but I don't think I can trade it or sell it for an acceptable price I may need to charge more for the trade. Example- My Neo magic pulsar I paid 230.00 for it. Now they are averaging 160.00 on ebay. Thats 70.00 less now then when I bought it. It has been about four months I have had it so it has cost me about 17.00 to 18.00 dollars to play and have over that time. Say this is somebody's machine that they want to trade. I say well it has lost 70.00 in four months. But that is going buy ebay and I can probably sell it for more or trade it to someone and charge something for the upgrade to a better machine but I will need to charge 40-45.00 for the trade. Maybe there will be a machine I will lose money on but Costumers will be able to get different machines and will not have to spend money or time selling it. They also don't need so much space for a lot of machines or a lot of money tide up. Depending on how often they change out there machines they may not loose so much in the time they had the machine. Also this is for my local people so they don't lost on shipping. For me even if it is a trade for trade I still make the 30.00 and possibly something on the new machine. This is all word of mouth no contract and If I can't come out on the trade I can say no and they have to decide what else to do with the machine. So what do you think? If this was someone in your area would you this is a good idea? Other sellers Do you think this would work for your local sales? Ware is my thinking messed up? Sorry this is sooooo long. Laz.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think it sounds like a good idea, maybe you could also rent a machine out to someone for a week or so for a fee to give them sometime to see if they like the model before purchasing it and if they do you just take the fee of the machine price.

Utopia1dc

Laz-

Sounds a little complicated to me, but if it works for you, cool. I would suggest to offer a 50% rebate towards a new machine within a 1 year period. Example: Customer buys Machine A for $200, he decides to trade it in 8 months later, he gets $100 towards any other machine. I am assuming it is in resellable condition. The 50% builds enough into it for market fluctuations...Just my two tokens worth.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile

Quite Honestly I would charge more than 30.00 to Trade a Pachislo Machine. With most trade in deals its about half of what they paid. Pachislos being expensive I think a happy median could be found. Maybe more like 50.00 a trade, unless they just had the game for a week or something. Mike : )
    - Owner Video Game Connection -
    -" ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO SWITCH “-

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile

i would charge more than 30.00 for trade, you would have to clean it up, maybe repaint the case and it would get some scratches along the way.

on a machine i sold, the people used duct tape to put paper towels over top speakers to make it quiter.

most people don't care for their machines like we do.

or lease it for a month for 75.00 with a deposit to cover the machine price and take that off price if they buy it.

they keep the machine you keep deposit or they return machine and you give just deposit back.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Trade in program

Is there a way to do polls like in the other forum format?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK found it. Sorry for the useless posts.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My deal on Trade that Iv worked up is 100.00 trade in any time less tokens and must be working condition , Deductions for Keys , both Keys, inst book Im not to concerned about burned out lights , machine is checked with my 100 token input to make sure all is fine, I sell at 299.00 take your choice, and have them running with a Generater so customers can play before they buyall this at a outdoor setting , this is my plan and should get kicked off this spring as soon as I get off my duff and get a order to Milt to me he has the best deal on 6 pack cost no one else has came up with a competative close offer, STILL open to offerrs
    These are my opinions and no body elses and you can't have them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think you all have a great idea for local sales! No contract may cause some verbal issues (like a cussing fight), but I like the plan! Something in writing eliminates miscommunication.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK. Here is my revised trade in program. What do you think? Any changes recommended?

Slots for you

Trade in program

After a time you may wish to have and play a different skill stop slot other than the one you currently own. For others even I, this has been a problem. Your options are usually to find a friend or family member to purchase it from you. Problem with this is they are usually already familiar with it from playing yours and would also, like something different. It may have worked in the past but not all the time or for long. I know I have tried this.

Another option was to advertise it in a local paper or put up flyers to sell it. A lot of hassle and donÂ’t usually get much for it. The amount you get for it usually doesnÂ’t cover your costs or your time.

Another way is to sell it online usually in an auction on Ebay. This has its advantages and disadvantages. It takes time to make up a good add. There are listing fees even if it does not sell. You have to charge a lot for shipping and this drives some bidders away. An auction usually takes seven days. If you do sell it you still may not get what you wanted for it. You have to get paid and if you use Pay Pal you again get hit with fees. Then you box it up. You are responsible for getting adequate boxes and packing material. These materials are not cheap or easy to get. Then you have to find or pick a shipper. You hope it gets to the buyer in good shape! This is the worst problem with these machines. They are big, bulky and heavy. The people handling them do the least they have to move them or handle them. This means dropping, rolling or a few other nasty things! It will be your responsibility to fix any problem that arises from shipping damage. This is the resin a lot of us avoid shipping when we can, ether to get machines or send them out. Did I tell you about the advantage? ItÂ’s that you may get what you want and maybe even a little more. Will you get enough to cover all the disadvantages? Maybe- Maybe not! A lot of people sell things on ebay and do well, but the smaller and cheaper to ship the better. These are big and costly to ship. Disputes with the shipper can sometimes take months to resolve.

If you participate in my trade in program you can avoid all this! Just bring in the machine to me or arraignments can be made to pick it up. Decide on a new machine, ether from one in stock or one can be ordered for you. You get the trade in amount applied to the purchase of the new machine. If you purchased your machine from me or one of my machines put on consignment some ware else the trade in amount will be determined as follows:

A trade in amount of 60% on the base price of the machine if traded in within the first six months from date of pickup of machine or it is delivered.

A trade in amount of 50% on the base price of machine if traded in six months to one year after purchase.

A copy of the sales receipt showing date of purchase and condition of machine at the time of sale must accompany trade in.

The amount you paid for the machine itself. (Modifications to the machine, any extra or additional tokens do not apply to the base price.)

Modifications will be taken in account depending on the modification and the machine they are on. Some modifications can be transferred to a different machine.

Example: If traded in within six months.

Base price of machine is 200.00 dollars.

You pay 25.00 dollars to have the Modification of an auto stop with 50 credits installed on the machine.

You pay 35.00 dollars for an additional 500 tokens.

Total for machine is 260.00 dollars.

You come back in five monthÂ’s to trade it in. With the machine being traded in before the six months you get .60 on the dollar.

The trade in value is based on the base price of the 200.00 dollars you paid for the machine originally.

60% 0f 200.00 dollars is 120.00 dollars to be put towards a new machine.

Example: If traded in after six monthÂ’s to one year.

You come back in seven monthÂ’s to trade it in. With the machine being traded in after the six months you get .50 on the dollar.

The trade in value is based on the base price of the 200.00 dollars you paid for the machine originally.

50% 0f 200.00 dollars is 100.00 dollars to be put towards a new machine.

Anytime after one year or purchased stoneware other than from Slots for you an amountfor trade in can be arranged.

As far as any modifications you had Slots for you add to your machine if they can be transferred to the new machine and it is your wish to do so this can be arranged. There may be a fee for labor and or materials to do this. If the new machine will not accept the modifications from the old machine or you do not want them on the new machine then an amount for what the modifications are worth can be arranged. (It is usually about 50% of what you paid for them.) If you do a modification that alters the appearance of the machine and by taking them off of the machine to be traded in makes its resale price less than amount of the trade in amount given than I reserve the right to ether deny the trade in or give a trade in amount that is less than stated above.

The machine has to be in resalable condition close to the condition in that it was purchased. Some minor ware and use is normal. All keys and instruction manuals must accompany the machine. There must not be any sighs of misuse or abuse and can not of bean used for any commercial purpose.

I reserve the right to deny any trade in if I feel the working condition of machine is in question and or damage to the machine in any way.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Trade in program

i wouldn't go to such details telling them how to sell their machine.

that could be changed to just a few lines.

your trade in details get a little to much also.

i wouldn't offer anything for modfications. and minium of 100.00 trade in with a max of half of what they paided originally.

i have only sold 4 machines, but i would only give 100.00 trade in on any of them.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese