Thread: 1976 Nishijin Elex Rotary hybird model A vintage. AKA the coolest vintage I have

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 1976 Nishijin Elex Rotary hybird model A vintage. AKA the coolest vintage I have

I picked this machine up for $100 today including gas. It is a fully electric payout system and has to be one of the first machines with the shooter knob. It has a normal 24 vold plug and the taps for the 10 volt system that is on most vintage machines. The 10v side looks to only be for the "stop" out of balls light and the signal feed for the parlor with the 24v side running the shooter, all the payout bits, a bell for when you get a jackpot and the internal ball lifter... yes, it has a ball lifter in it!

The guy I got it from said that his dad collected pachinko in the 70's and 80's when they lived in Florida but sadly most of the machines were lost in a hurricane. This one survived due to the fact it was in storage as he was afraid to mess with the electric supply. Marc is moving and was looking to have as little to move as he can so I lucked out. It is in great shape and all the internals are clean, it has a lot of dust from sitting in storage but there is no tar or ball tracking in it at all.

Here are the first set of pics, the center feature works just like the monkey and croc one, the block guy drops when you get a ball in the top center and falls through then the block guy goes back up. The ape at the bottom is mounted on a brass spring so when the ball drops out of the moving block guy (I need to figure out what it is called) and hits the spring the ape trembles like it is afraid, very cool.

balls that go through the center open the middle tulip and the mid left or right one alternately while balls going into one of the side pockets on the center feature open the outside tulip on the same side.

It is an "all 11" payout but the block in the jackpot can be held out of the way making it an "all 15" machine

I will make another post (or two, I took a lot of pics) showing how the payout works as this is a very unique system that I doubt any of us have seen. I am hoping one of the vintage masters will have some info on this style that they can share

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by owennewton; 01-11-2012 at 06:20 AM. Reason: I need to learn to spell, or proof read
    the

LLTR

2. The following 17 users say "Thanks" to owennewton