Thread: Possible new idea for cheap ball lifter?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Possible new idea for cheap ball lifter?

You need a switch up in the reward hopper, a few resistors and some toggle switches. That was just an approximate cost though.
    I'd like to do more testing with these plastic gears though. They are very inexpensive, even to replace 2yrs down to road parsay in harsh
    conditions. They shouldn't encounter very much backlash since the weight of the balls on the lifter will/should provide a constant load.

I didn't look into high impact plastic because the cost was cheap enough as it was but I would be more than happy to look into it!
    That's why this site rocks!

For the prototype (current one it have built) I had to drill out the brass inserts to 5/8" to fit the copper pipe. This can be changed when/if the
    auger is designed. I would prefer it to be smaller, not much but some as well as the bearings to lower cost as long as the new design components
    are durable enough. I believe if it is designed the right way there should be minimal friction. With the right materials it can be done.

That said Steve, you know of anything that would do the job. What material has the lowest friction against pachinko balls? I am thinking
    of having a something similar to a chrome plated drill rod for the main track guide. It will be what all the balls rest on when climbing up.

The motor I am currently using is a 50:1 12v gear motor that spins at just over 2 rounds per second. With the current minor gear reduction
    I have now it its lowered to about 1.2 rounds per second. This allows time for each pachinko ball to enter the lift auger, since the blades of the
    auger actually create somewhat of their own gate.

This could also be greatly improved by simply spacing the threads of the auger out at the bottom and the top and condensing them in the middle. so even at 2 rounds per second the entry and exit points of the lift are functioning like they are spinning at more like 1.2 rounds per second.

somewhat of an example:
    Small example.jpg
    IC-template Dwan.jpg

2. The following user says "Thanks" to WondersPachi