Thread: Pachinko Manuals and Related Items

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko Manuals and Related Items

Okay.

I know there are many people out there who are selling manuals and similar things. But I just thought I'd help out all the members of our little community and post all the vintage manuals I have found, in this thread.

I have found a few on my own and have scanned them in. Others I have found on numerous different websites. (including PT) I have put links below to certain ones with a brief description of the object. I'll try not to repost the same manual, but I can't 100% guarantee that there won't be a repeat. I have noticed though that a few companies used the same manual but I'll post them as there are some minor differences in them.

Model A manuals:

Sutra Import this is a manual from a company based on the East coast. I truthfully think this is one of the best Model A manuals I have seen

Target Abroad this is one of the most common Model A manuals I have seen; it is pretty basic. But I do like the animated characters on the last page

The Pachinko Factory this manual is also fairly common mainly because it is a copy of the Target Abroad manual. I found this one personally and scanned it in.

Model B manuals:

Pachinko Palace this is what I believe is one of the most common model B manual out there. (written in 1975) Once again I found this one and scanned it in. Plus it also had the loose page that always fell out of the booklet.

Pachinko Imports this is a nice 4 page manual that does a decent job on explaining how the machine operates. I love the last paragraph on the 4th page

The rest of the model B manuals I have, didn't have an importers name so I'll tell the name by the number of pages.

2 page manual this one is interesting because it shows member Rival's concept of machine model numbers such as 1200 and 4200.

3 page manual this one is fairly basic and it is a revision of Pachinko Palace's manual but written about a year or two later.

4 page manual this one is an updated version of most the Model B manuals but still has about the same exact information.

Now time for other brand model B style machines

Sankyo manual once again a Pachinko Palace manual but it is different and it is made for a Sankyo. (written in 1976)

Sanyo manual this manual is pretty basic. I actually think they spent more time telling you how to put the feet on than how the machine works. (sorry about everything being tiny that is the way I found it and I can't fix it easily)

Manual Related Items:

Nishijin Model B service instructions this is also an updated version of a different manual I saw. (no I didn't make this)

Pachinko Palace Gameplay and History page this is the single page of the manual that I said always has this page missing.

Target Abroad Information Sheet this is a front and back page that got inserted into a Target Abroad Model B manual.

Pachinko Maintenance Booklet this is another page that got inserted into Target Abroad manuals. (made for both A and B machines)

That is all that I have found at the moment but if I find more I'll upload them and post them in this thread.

If any members have some manual or sheet that I may have missed scan it in and then send me a PM. I'll get it posted to this page.

-Max

100 machines and counting...

2. The following 23 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko Manuals and Related Items

this would make a great sticky
    the

LLTR

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ill second that
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Two of these I have been selling on ebay for a few months. It may sound like a racket, but let me break it down: First I have a graphic artist (who also does my backgrounds) do a complete digital restoration of the manual. So I am out $36.00 to get a print-ready image file. Then I have to get them printed and shipped to me, on decent glossy high-bond paper (not the cheap crap you buy at Staples for $5.00/ream), and it is printed on large 11 1/2" x 18" sheets that need to be folded (by machine, of course) either once or twice. So I am out around $125.00 for getting 250 of them printed, folded, and delivered. Then I make some ebay ads, and get charged 50 cents to list, not to mention 9% ebay fee final value fee per sale. Of course, paypal is standing in the hall with it's hands out for 30 cents + 2.3% of the transaction as well. Then I need envelopes, which isn't bad on the ones folded twice, they only cost around 6 cents each, but the larger ones that are only folded once they run me 15 cents each. so tack that on. Then I need to pay for postage. 44 cents for the small ones, $1.08 for the larger ones. Of course, it does not stop there.

I have to collect sales tax of 7% for Indiana which comes out of my profits, plus I have to declare my net income on my state and federal income taxes as income. So in the end, selling them for $3.99 delivered nets me a huge and massive profit of somewhere in the range of 42 cents each (on average). So around 20 times a month I get $0.42 for stuffing an envelope, addressing it, and sticking a stamp on it.

I tend to consider this more of a community service than anything else. It will take me probably 8 years just to get the money I invested in the printing and graphics back. But they do look really nice.

Kids: Don't try this at home.
    Last edited by Rival; 01-04-2012 at 12:36 PM.

8. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have the manual for an older Nishijin/Sankyo models(sorry, pictures came out in reverse order). PM me with an e-mail address if you want the higher res versions of these pics sent to you:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

10. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Actually, I just sent off the model A one from Target Abroad to my graphics guy for preparation. I hope to have those pamphlets clean, shiney, and available by the end of the month. Hopefully I can find the funds in a month or two to do the sankyo one as well, and then maybe the Sanyo. I just have to make sure I don't over-commit funds on these projects that provide me little if any returns and keep capital tied up for years.

I know I could just run them off on my home laser printer from the PDF's and sell them, but the quality would just be pitiful, I think you guys have a sense that I only do projects that I can be proud of.

I have an original of the Sutra one that came directly from Japan and is unbranded, it is in mint condition and can be scanned and printed as-is without any graphics work. The only problem is that although it is in English, the translations are so poor that you could screw up a machine if you follow the instructions. For example, they suggest if the flipper gets sticky you should put some caulk in the bearings. Obviously a bad idea, the translation should have been grease instead of caulk. And putting grease in there is questionable at best anyway, not something I would suggest a casual user try. I could not in good conscience put those on the market where they could potentially destroy a machine. I am considering scanning in each page and then adding all of my own text translations. But then, what exactly am I selling? Not a reproduction anymore, but also not my own work either. I am not sure how I would describe such a work, and it is nowhere near as comprehensive as would be one I would produce myself from scratch. Not sure what to do with that one, but I will come up with something.

These are the sort of issues I have to deal with when making these things, and I can end up out a bunch of money if I miss something important. Hopefully with care and perseverance I can build a strong library that will be of good use to the community at large, as well as the knowledgable hobbyists we have here.

12. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay here is the PDF version of the manual member naha13 posted above.

if there are issues with the link let me know.

14. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Nishijin Recycler manuals have arrived and are available on both ebay and my website. Links are here for anyone interested. I'm not trying to push products, just making the community aware. The ebay ad relists automatically every 30 days so it should be available forever.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260938597769?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l 2649

This website link is for all three manuals I have had redone and printed.:

http://pachinkoplanet.com/zencart/in...dex&cPath=3_12

Once again, hopefully I can do the Sanyo and the Sankyo in the near future, and I will let everyone here know when they are available. I also just got in an original one for the 1969 Nishijin front overflow models, but I may not get that one done for a while since they are not as common as other models.

16. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Rival View Post
    I also just got in an original one for the 1969 Nishijin front overflow models, but I may not get that one done for a while since they are not as common as other models.
    well can you scan that in and then post it here or email to me and I'll post it here. (if you want to could password protect it so no one could copy it if your afraid of that.)

18. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks!

20. The following user says "Thanks" to DrDark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    well can you scan that in and then post it here or email to me and I'll post it here. (if you want to could password protect it so no one could copy it if your afraid of that.)
    It's pretty much identical to the recycler one I just did, just with a different machine picture. Oh, and by the way, I said "1969" front overflow, when they were all 1970 models. I still get that wrong every time I mention them! 1969 was the last singleshots.

I will look to make some scans this weekend anyway just to add to this library.

22. The following user says "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Has anybody come accross a Nishijin model C manual?
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cardwwi View Post
    Has anybody come accross a Nishijin model C manual?
    Not yet. I am still on the look out for one of those.

If a member does have one please let me know. I'll try to get it posted here.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well a Few weeks ago I bought a Daiichi machine. It had the original box and all the original manuals.

So I got them uploaded here.

Pachinko Imports Daiichi Manual - This manual is actually made for a Daiichi not the typical thing where they put a Nishijin on the back to show what the parts were. Though you can tell they reuse the same document and just change it for the brand. I love how in the Your Pachinko Machine section of it the very last line at the bottom of that column, they say "Your machine has been manufactured by Nishijin."

How it Works - don't know if I got this uploaded already but it was in the pile of papers so I scanned it in and uploaded it.

Pachinko Imports QA Sheet - another sheet specifically made for the Daiichi on the one side. I have one of these posted already but it was for a Nishijin.

Pachinko Imports Cabinet Order Form - This was really interesting to find. It is a cabinet order form for a wall mount or free standing cabinet for your machine. It is really cool to find one of these. I think most were thrown out or mailed in. But I love the description for the cabinet. "both are made from the same quality Spanish Oak vinyl finished material used in our customizing kit."

You all know as usual if there is any issues with the links let me know.

26. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well the other day I was looking through Craigslist and saw this locally.

5I15F25S13Kc3G53Mfc8c99ac3056a98f1102.jpg5Ib5N15Fd3Ka3Lb3F2c8cec8cc0302e8d1728.jpg5K45F65Hf3E63M83H9c8ca1a9cc4bed4b1755.jpg

It is a world ski machine in the original floor cabinet featured in the flyer I uploaded in the previous post.

So here is what the "quality Spanish Oak vinyl finished material" really looks like.

Just seems cool to see the original import cabinet.

28. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Not yet. I am still on the look out for one of those.

If a member does have one please let me know. I'll try to get it posted here.
    Anyone ever find a Model C manual for the Nishiji?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nope. I'm not even 100% sure one was even made as I always find model A instructions with model B machines (and the opposite).