Thread: Heiwa sumo machine does'nt work

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Heiwa sumo machine does'nt work

Hi, I am in search of some troubleshooting advice for a modern Heiwa machine that doesn't.
    The Problems:
    1) the shooter doesn't work
    2) when I open the front and put balls in the pockets, it never pays out any balls.

I've read many posts on here and haven't been able to solve either of these issues. It doesn't appear to have a dongle so I don't think that is the issue, although, I am no expert and may be looking in the wrong location. I've tried holding the black round button on control system attempting to restart the system, but I could be pushing the wrong button. Where do I start in terms of troubleshooting this system? Any help would be appreciatedP1010155.jpgP1010156.jpgP1010157.jpgP1010158.jpgP1010159.jpgP1010160.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Heiwa sumo machine does'nt work

I'm not good with moderns, but I can see that you have a big ball jam. In pic #1 you can see balls backed up to the drain hole. In pic#4 you can see the balls thru the blue plastic. This wont affect the shooter (that I know of), but it is why it wont pay out. It is easier to clear a ball jam out of a vintage than a modern. (or early modern as yours looks like) You might not have to take the back off to clear it. I showed how my early modern opens on the back in a thread I started " My 1st Craigslist purchase" I also showed what worked for me to clear my ball jam. Basically I wiggled this part.UNCLOGGED 001.jpg Balls need to be in upper hopper, a payout would occur and 1 ball from the jam fell out the back, repeat, repeat, repeat, refill, repeat. I had to refill the upper hopper several times. My back comes open with 3 or 4 latches.UNCLOGGED 015.jpgUNCLOGGED 013.jpgUNCLOGGED 014.jpg But mine is a Sankyo, so yours is probably different. If you can't get it to clear electrically you may have to open the back to clear it. Mine required no tools, but I had to unplug some wires to gain access. Early moderns usually don't have a dongle, unless there are ball loan buttons on the front tray, I didn't see any. But I was wondering what the red lens looking thing on the tray was. Someone else should be able to help with the shooter. Someone with a Heiwa can tell you how to open the back. It could be obvious if you look close. Good luck and clear that ball jam first!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hello

I do not know the year of your pachinko but on my Batman (Heiwa 2003), it's impossible to run the ball without dongle. On my machine, the dongle is in the lower right.

Happy New Year to all from France

Régis

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your Heiwa is a cash unit, and won't have a bypass dongle.

First thing I would do is tackle that ball jam. Then see where you're at.

A lot of these Heiwa's have a problem with the B-1f control unit, which operates the shooter. Hopefully yours is ok.

I have a similar machine with a bad computer unit, and ended up selling the control to another member to get his machine working.

Good Luck and...
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I cleared the balls out of the jackpot area; there was'nt really a "jam" it looks like that's just how the balls are stored until a payoff happens. I cleared all the balls out of there, made sure the hopper was full, and started manually putting balls in to the payoff pockets and I still can't get it to payoff and clear out some of those jackpot balls, they just keep piling up like before.
    One question, I've read that the control system has a digital error code; should I see a number there? I don't see anything...maybe the control system isn't getting power or its dead? How would I know if its not functioning?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

they are not meant to stack up inside the machine like that at all. those are played balls that should have triggered payouts that are stuck inside. You need to clear ALL of the balls out before going any farther in troubleshooting.
    the

LLTR