Thread: IGT Terminator reel button bad?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default IGT Terminator reel button bad?

I have an IGT Terminator slot that the stop button quit on. It is only one button. The other two work fine. For awhile it was touch and go, you would have to hit the button on the top edge. Now it quit. Before I go tearing into it and break it, how do the buttons come out? I checked the plug and connection and it seems fine. I think the button itself is bad. Is this a replaceable switch inside of it or what? If I need a new button, where am I off to?

Thanks for any help...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: IGT Terminator reel button bad?

The buttons usually snap in place or have small mounting screws to each side . It acts like a contact is corroded and needs some cleaning inside of the button. I have used a mirror before to see how things are mounted in the machines. Just shine a light up on the inside and use the mirror to see the mountings.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

3. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I found how it came out. Snaps in. The button is dead. I used contact cleaner in it wiggled, blew with air, still nothing. I guess I am on the hunt for a new one. If anyone knows where they would be supplied from...hellllppp. I was going to try and make something up with a new momentary switch and the old housing. I would rather just get a replacement though.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just for curiosity can you switch wires from one button to another and see if that reel stops useing the other button. If it does you know that button is bad ,if not it's something else.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

6. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is sort of where I started. The button was bad. I used a meter on it and there was no continuity between posts on the switch when the button was pressed. I actually took the switch apart. It was somewhat like surgery. It was very delicate. Inside there is a simple metal contact that closes against one of the poles when the button is pressed. I gently cleaned the contact and reassembled it. After putting is back in all is good. I am still looking for a replacement though as many times repairs like tis are only temporary. If anyone knows of a source for the buttons, lemme know.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Bunky

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I started with the wire switch. The other buttons worked the reel fine. I checked the switch with a meter and there was no continuity between the posts when the button was pressed. I actually figured out how the switch came apart. It was a little like surgery. A magnifying glass and small tools. I cleaned the small metal contact inside and put it back together. After a reinstall, it works fine. I am still looking for a replacement button though. Most times a repair like this is only temporary. If anyone know a source for these switches, please let me know. Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Bunky