Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Token Acceptor for King Pulsar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Token Acceptor for King Pulsar

Also see if the tokens you are useing are magnetic, that can set off the sensors as well.Use non magnetic tokens.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Yose,
    Yes , did the full reset several times, each time resulting in the loud alert, accompanied by every light flashing. When I un plug the sensor and reset, the noise goes off. I checked all the wires, the pins are not damaged or bent and everything is tight and square. I don't know how I would go about reversing the sensors, they look like they are soldered in place. I don't think the guy I got the machine from, would have messed with them, they were just getting rid of it because they didn't want to even try messing with it. They said it was working fine till they hit a big jackpot and the kids kept putting tokens in it till it died. I could try cleaning the sensors again only use a tiny brush this time. My research says the "E-O" means : jammed token acceptor. It's clearly not jammed, so it must be the sensors that are not "seeing" each other. When the sensors are plugged in, there are 2 red lights on a board, in the back wall of the machine, at positions N & O. Showing sensors are blocked. (Even though they are not) I'm sure of this because the sensor at the door key, for soft reset, shows a light at position G when the path is blocked by the left turn of the key. So , do I keep messing with the sensors or try to find replacements, or look into the credit add mods I'm hearing about? I think the sensors are the only thing keeping this machine from getting up and running.
    Last edited by Texxut; 01-03-2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Try cleaning them again and pass a token backwards through sensor with the alarm going off, just to see if they are working.Try stealthhomeamusements.com and see if they have a token mech or gaktradinginc.com.You can check the forums here to find out about credit mods, that might be the best way to go if you can't find sensors. Check the web for electrical supplies you might find some sensors that match.
    Try cleaning the sensors again.If that does'nt work look into the credit mod in the forums here,or check on tthe web and see if you can find sensors that match the #'s to replace them.Don't give upon the machine just yet . Other members will be eager to help from all over the world.We will find an answer.
    Last edited by yose; 01-03-2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks yose, for the encouragement to keep plugging away at this thing. I have high hopes we'll win this battle.
    By the way, I'm just up the street from you, in Harrisville.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Were close neighbors.It's nice to know that there is another pachi junkie around here.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have been following this thread to learn more about pachislo's and how to fix common problems. I only have one, as I'm a vintage pachinko guy myself. I love the way PT members help one another out! That is what makes this forum GREAT! I also like the Autoslot option, as a last resort (no offense intended, Newintown), because I like my pachi's as skill stop. But, that being said, it can very well be the thing that could save a dead coin acceptor, if I ever found one. If I'm not mistaken, the Autoslot could be turned off, and still be used as a skill stop...while allowing use as a coin acceptor bypass (I know there is a REAL name for it...too lazy to search). Keep up the good work you "tech wizzards" and best of luck to you Texxut!

7. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Pachiwall, looks like I'm gonna need all the luck I can get.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm afraid the token mech I have looks nothing like yours.

I hope you get it to work.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

NIT (Brian) here,

I am the one who makes the AutoSlot Devices the Members are talking about with the Credit Add feature. Another Member awhile back had a Token Acceptor problem and I sold him an AutoSlot to simulate his bad Token Sensor assembly. I finally found him replacement Token Acceptor and he was back up and running.

How your Sensors work:

LED "O" on the Motherboard is the first sensor the Token passes. LED "N" is the second sensor. The Token Acceptor in you Pachi operates on a "Normally Open" circuit as to the two sensors meaning that as the Token passes each sensor the sensor grounds out (on your Machine) approximately a 4.5 volt DC signal. When this Grounding takes place that is what lights up LED's "O and N" and tells the Motherboard to add a credit for each Token passing the sensors in the correct order and timing, left to right.

On the 5 wire plug with the red wires pin 1 which is the most left wire is sensor one which will activate LED "O". Pin 2 is for sensor two and will activate LED "N". Pin 5 the most right wire is the ground. Since you are not throwing an error with the Token Acceptor 5 pin plug disconnected and the two LED's are not lit, and you throw an error when the plug is connected and these two LED's stay lit up I would say that your Sensors on the PC Board have gone south for the winter. Sensor 1 on the PC Board is marked PHT1 and sensor 2 is marked PHT2.

To confirm this there is a test you can do to see if the mother board is getting the correct signals with the Token Acceptor disconnected. In saying that and giving you this information you must follow it to the letter and not cross wire the connections I am about to give you. It is up to you decide if you want to perform this test if you are comfortable doing it.

With Power OFF, Remove the smoked plastic shield that covers the plugs on the inner door PC Board and reinstall the screws to hold that board in place. Disconnect the 5 pin plug from this board and leave the two yellow wire plug connected from the Token Acceptor. Power the Pachi back up and do a reset (push the Red button on the power supply) if an error is set.

With a jumper wire probe and hold the jumper wire on pin 5 (the most right pin) on that PC Board plug. Touch the other end to pin one. This simulates sensor one and LED "O" should light up as you complete this circuit and go out when you remove the jumper wire. The Pachi will throw an error due to it not seeing the other sensor in the correct timing sequence. Don't worry about resetting the error and go ahead and then remove your jumper wire from pin 1 and connect it to pin2. LED "N" should light up as you do this and then go out when you break the circuit you made.

If this happens then your Motherboard is fine and the Token Sensors have shorted out which is what is keeping LED's "O and N" lit all the time when the Token Acceptor plug is connected.

With the Motherboard seeing these two signals set all the time it is throwing the error you are getting.

If you do this procedure let us know what you find out.

I will make a few calls and see if I can find you a replacement Token Acceptor if it is in fact bad. The Vendors I deal with will sell only the complete Token Acceptor assembly and just not the Sensor PC Board. If you need a new Token Acceptor and I can find one for you will only have to send me the funds for what I paid for it + shipping to you. These situations are to help Members and I do not intend to make a Profit from any Members Misfortune.

The Pic's below are a Token Acceptor out of my Destroyer that Arby was Kind enough to let me take Charge of.

100_2914web.jpg100_2913web.jpg100_2912web.jpg100_2911web.jpg 100_2915web.jpg

If you have not seen it, in there is a Play Guide for this Pachi. The Link is here:

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=37
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

11. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is great info new in town I have always wondered how to test these sensors thank you.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

New In Town,
    Thanks for you help in diagnosing this machine.
    I followed the instructions and the results are, Neither the N nor the O lights lit up when I connected 5 +1 or 5 +2.
    No error between tests.
    Then plugged the sensors back in and got an error. E-O So I'm guessing that that means my mother board is damaged at some point?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

PS:
    The pics you posted are exactly like my acceptor and panel.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I guess you'll need to buy an autoslot to avoid the coin mech. I'm thinking of getting one for my UY Pachislo but I think it might be tough as it's a Sammy A-03 I believe.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cebu View Post
    I guess you'll need to buy an autoslot to avoid the coin mech. I'm thinking of getting one for my UY Pachislo but I think it might be tough as it's a Sammy A-03 I believe.
    If that would solve the problem and get the machine running, I'd do it in a heart beat. I hoping nit will come back with some more sugestions.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I made an error in giving you the Pin Out. (lack of sleep on my part)

This is what should have been posted:

On the 5 wire plug with the red wires pin 1 which is the most left wire is sensor one which will activate LED "O". Pin 2 is for sensor two and will activate LED "N". Pin 3 is the ground. Since you are not throwing an error with the Token Acceptor 5 pin plug disconnected and the two LED's are not lit, and you throw an error when the plug is connected and these two LED's stay lit up I would say that your Sensors on the PC Board have gone south for the winter. Sensor 1 on the PC Board is marked PHT1 and sensor 2 is marked PHT2.

To confirm this there is a test you can do to see if the mother board is getting the correct signals with the Token Acceptor disconnected. In saying that and giving you this information you must follow it to the letter and not cross wire the connections I am about to give you. It is up to you decide if you want to perform this test if you are comfortable doing it.

With Power OFF, Remove the smoked plastic shield that covers the plugs on the inner door PC Board and reinstall the screws to hold that board in place. Disconnect the 5 pin plug from this board and leave the two yellow wire plug connected from the Token Acceptor. Power the Pachi back up and do a reset (push the Red button on the power supply) if an error is set.

With a jumper wire probe and hold the jumper wire on pin 3 on that PC Board plug. Touch the other end to pin one. This simulates sensor one and LED "O" should light up as you complete this circuit and go out when you remove the jumper wire. The Pachi will throw an error due to it not seeing the other sensor in the correct timing sequence. Don't worry about resetting the error and go ahead and then remove your jumper wire from pin 1 and connect it to pin2. LED "N" should light up as you do this and then go out when you break the circuit you made.

I mixed up pins 5 and 3. Pin 5 is one of the power lines to the sensors. Pin 3 is the ground wire. Try this test again and you should get the results lighting up LED's "N and O"

By the way. These are "Opto" sensors meaning that a light beam is broken. A nonmetalic object will act the same as a Token. Due to these being Opto sensors they are prone to Shock. That is what happened to the last Member I helped. He had taken the Token Acceptor out to do some cleaning and droped it.

I got a response back from one source but he is away from his place of Business right now. I was told to contact him when he gets back home and he will look to see if he has a Token Acceptor available.

In the mean time if you do want to get it up and running with an AutoSlot the AS-02CA would do the trick. this is what I sent to the other Member I helped with his Pachi. It plugs inline with the 30 pin ribbon cable on the Stop board and 2 wires from it are connected to Pins 1 and 2 on the 5 wire plug. When the right stop button is pushed and held for 3 seconds up to 53 Credits are loaded into the Pachislo.

And: Quote:

Steve Cebu
    Re: Token Acceptor for King Pulsar

Yes There is one for your Sammy. The AS-03. It too connects to the stop board and 2 wires are connected to Pins 2 and 5 on your Token Acceptor plug.

Not trying to Steal a Thread and "Pitch" a sale here. Just trying to help out and give as much info on what I have available to our Members. These Credit Add devices were not sold on the "BAY" when Vince owned AutoSlot. Only to PachiTalk Members due to the extra wiring involved to the Token Acceptors. The Reel Stop only AutoSlots are a True Plug and Play not requiring the splicing / connecting of extra wires.

When I do reopen the "Bay" store this practice will continue for now.

My link to the PachiTalk only part of my Web Site:

http://www.autoslot.info/pachitalk.htm

Link to my Thred on the Forum about Autoslots:

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vend...uto-slot2.html

NIT:

Spoiler
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

19. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: Token Acceptor for King Pulsar

SWEET !

I'm going to test it right now...

Tested with the 3 pin + 1 pin then 3 pin + 2 pin. The N then O lights lit up as you stated they should. I'll PM you for details
    The Autoslot/credit unit sounds like the way to go. At least that will get me up and running till and if we can find the sensors.
    Last edited by Texxut; 01-05-2012 at 12:05 PM.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Texxut

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Let us know what you find.

Forgot one Link.

AutoSlot Owners Page. This is a "BUMP" for any members that have not added to it that own an AutoSlot. :

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...s-listing.html

23. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Brian, you're the greatest!
    The hobby is much better off for having you to help us new guys get going.

Thanks so much !

PM sent on Autoslot/Credit units.

25. The following user says "Thanks" to Texxut

Thanks
    Thanks Received

TEXXUT I am glad you got the help you needed.Iwish I could have been more helpful, I am learning more and more but have a long way to go . New in town knows his stuff.This is why I like this forum and am proud to be a member.The members here always go the extra step to help another member.It will be great to get your machine up and running.Maybe in the future we will meet and enjoy our machines.

27. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by yose View Post
    TEXXUT I am glad you got the help you needed.Iwish I could have been more helpful, I am learning more and more but have a long way to go . New in town knows his stuff.This is why I like this forum and am proud to be a member.The members here always go the extra step to help another member.It will be great to get your machine up and running.Maybe in the future we will meet and enjoy our machines.
    Don't you just love the internet!
    It connects people from all over the world (and across town). My King Pulsar would just be a cool looking broken machine without all the communications made possible by this electronic highway. Ofcourse, it also takes the good people, like those on this forum, to make the internet productive. You were valuable in keeping me on track and motivated to keep at this repair. Thanks.
    Yes, we'll get together and make some noise.

29. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Texxut

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast