Default Okumurayuki !

Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Okumurayuki !

unusual

look nice and clean..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Real nice machine!! Is this one you bought?
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

6. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

1971! Very nice!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Really a gret find! Thanks for sharing it!

10. The following user says "Thanks" to SteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Picked it up this morning...on break now...more pics later tonight!

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I like the custom ball dump chute.

Neat find either way.

100 machines and counting...

14. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JACKSJE4 View Post
    Real nice machine!! Is this one you bought?
    Yes...its the Craigslist one you posted last month. Funny thing is, I never seen your post untill I had already picked it up, and was searching "okumurayuki" Here are some more random pics. Like all the Okumurayuki I searched on this site, this says Monico, as well as Victory. There is a small ammount of damage to the center feature... bummer! The center tulip is a pass thru. The tulip "blinks" closed and opens back up as the ball falls through. The "jellyfish" below has a prismatic cover that displays two different images depending what angle you look from! I'll try to see if I can get the camera to do it justice. Beautiful cell, and beautiful chrome! And the lower door opens like a tailgate! A plate with only 2 tabs simply rests on this hole. Gravity holds it in place while door is down, and tabs keep it from slipping away as door is closed. By the time it is vertical, it is resting against the ball feeder cartridge, and can't tip outward. It remains sandwiched there without any sort of latch! Here is a closeup of the tracks inside. This is the top ball drain, to lower tray...linkage. Comes out the round hole above ( below when door is closed) linkage... into opening lower left of ball feed cartridge, into opening of the white part at far left (cut off) of pic, to fall into lower tray. And...OH YES...the custom made wooden ball dump channel! That upset me the moment I enlarged pics he sent to me! I wasn't gonna let it be a dealbreaker, but I DIDN'T like it! I will see if I can modify a ball dump channel from a Nishijin model B, and make it look good. If no success, I can always put the "original" wood part back on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post a good pic with the wood part off, I may have a rear cover that fits your machine but I need to see the channels and mounting spots
    the

LLTR

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is the back without the wood.okumurayuki 003.jpg Looks like s short piece to come out one hole and back into the other.okumurayuki 004.jpg and finally...okumurayuki 002.jpg I couldn,t tell which thumbnail was best so I posted all 3.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

And it came with 925 balls in a wooden box. balls 001.jpgballs 002.jpgNot to mention the frame/stand. Ultimately the stand will go, as I will be wall mounting this one...because she is a keeper!

20. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Re: Okumurayuki !

I am a little disappointed, mine is a little different but I think it would work, only real miss match is the overflow tube location.

Here is the "back" it came off of 1227011046.jpg

here is everything together 1227011047b.jpg

and front and back of the part1227011047.jpg1227011047a.jpg

If you think it will fit and you can work around the overflow just let me know and we can work something out on it.

If you want to hold off and try to find the right one that is fine, this will be available in the future too.
    the

LLTR

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I never thought that it would be so big. But there is a 3rd screw hole.ball dump 003.jpg The distance between the top and bottom holes is 2". I cut a ball dump tube from a model B, and it looks like this.ball dump 004.jpg It don't quite cover the whole hole at the bottom.ball dump 006.jpgball dump 007.jpg There are 2 holes at the top that need to funnel into the tube.ball dump 009.jpgball dump 008.jpg Camera batteries died...more pics later. I'm gonna play with this for a bit, and get some accurate measurements. I may want to try that piece...I'll PM you later. THANKS!

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just noticed that the center of the center feature on yours is exactly the same as my Nichijin.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is my 1st try at fixing my ball dump chute. Remove enough material to shape it the way you want.ball dump 001.jpg A heat gun made the plastic soft enough to fold over. This is the part taped in place.ball dump 002.jpg Now I need to find a couple of "L" shaped brackets to glue to the side to secure it to the original bosses ( I dont really want to add any holes).ball dump 003.jpg

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a shot of the back with the upper ball dump channel removed.okumurayuki 002.jpg As you can see, there is a linkage rod that comes down from the low ball trigger of the upper ball tray.okumurayuki 004.jpg This linkage goes through the plywood to the front into the ball feeder cartridge.okumurayuki 007.jpg I believe there are parts missing that would stop ball flow to the shooter when the tray is low. There may have even been a flag that dropped into the window. you can see some brass pins that have a groove for an E-clip.okumurayuki 006.jpg This is most unfortunate, as I will likely never find the correct parts to make it correct.
    TOP TRAY DRAIN: When tray is filled normally balls roll through top hole into ball shooter cartridge.okumurayuki 010.jpg The ball normally sits farther to the left, but there is a radius that makes it roll back. When the cover is on the top hole is where the ball is. The cover forms the rest of the hole. The balls can't press the lever down because it is locked by the notch on the catch on the left. When the drain button on the front is pressed down it moves the catch to the right, releasing the lever to fall. okumurayuki 011.jpg The ball rolls down pushing the catch out of the way, and makes a U turn headed towards the lower hole.okumurayuki 013.jpg Where it exits the door, enters the lower left corner of the ball shooter cartridge, and rolls to the right, down into the gutter to the lower tray.
    I tried to get this to look good in pics...didn't work. The jellyfish has a prism covering 2 images. okumurayuki 008.jpg When you move your head from side to side, the circles seem to turn.okumurayuki 009.jpg Kind of cool, not sure why it wasn't done on other machines.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a few of the "jellyfish" with the hologram stickers on my machines. I think those are the only cell features that has that style sticker, at least the only ones I have seen.
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Bought some metal brackets...but they were too big. So I went back to the model B ball dump chute scrap bin. I cut a square tube into L shape pieces. Epoxied 2 layers together for strength...and epoxied them to the side of the chute I'm making.Bummer 003.jpgBummer 002.jpgBummer 004.jpgBummer 001.jpg All was well, until I checked fit.Bummer 005.jpg I trusted the marks I made...and didn't check placement till glue was dry! Now I'm gonna have to try to find out how to fix this tomorrow. Too late to wast any more time tonight.

31. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Another long night playing (fixing/modifying) with my new toy. And a successful one at that! Fixed my goof from last night, and extended the bracket I made and glued too low. The L shaped bracket is made of 2 layers of model B dump chute glued together for strength.done 007.jpg I made an extension and glued it against the previous mistake. done 004.jpgdone 002.jpgI then glued a flat piece on top to reinforce the seam, making the area over the top screw 3 layers thick. Not that i wanted it that thick, but to strengthen the seam.done 005.jpg Had some problems with lining the chute up with the holes because the bracket was in the way of the screw boss. I sanded a relief for the necessary clearance.done 009.jpg The lower hole was already drilled, so I screwed it in place to properly position it to drill the top hole. Success! done 011.jpgdone 010.jpgdone 012.jpg Works like a champ!In addition to ball dump...This channel is also used for the anti cheat mechanism. If a ball don't unhook the brass hook at the JP seesaw, balls fall down this chute to lost ball box. I'm looking forward to getting the correct part soon, but if it don't fit...at least I have a working solution.

33. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now that that is done, I can play and enjoy! At first I thought I just wasn't paying close enough attention to how many balls hit...but I was plesently surprised! Once in awhile, the tulip bounced open again. After this happened many times, I had to test it. When 1st opened, the ball falls in, tulip closes and opens again. The next ball closes it. When it opens again, the process repeats. I knew the twofer tulip existed, and SteveFury has made an excellent anamation of it. Now I have one too! I've heard Mopar state that some are labeled somehow... this one is not.done 020.jpg I haven't taken it off to examine it...but clearly someone has! Once closed, The jellyfish and guard nails make it impossible to hit, except from above...or from the 2 upper side pockets. The 2 lower side pockets do not open tulip. I noticed a familiar name while out back...done 001.jpg is Okumurayuki and Daiichi related to each other? I don't have a Daiichi (want one), so I don't know the mechanics too well. I have always considered them a Lone Ranger of sorts, because of the unusual door. I also thought they were not as early as this. Can you help me understand this Rival? The part above, where I mentioned that the ball dump chute also was an anti cheat path...when ball dump is activated. the lever holds back the low ball jackpot cutout as well.done 013.jpg Ball dump closed...done 014.jpg ball dump open. Once balls are dumped, you can now push up on rod that trips JP and balls fall out back (using aforementioned anti cheat mechanism).
    Well that is my newest machine. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I do! OK, I hope you enjoyed it!

35. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast