Thread: SHOPGOODWILL - Vintage Nishijin Pachinko Vertical Pin Ball Machi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default SHOPGOODWILL - Vintage Nishijin Pachinko Vertical Pin Ball Machi

Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: SHOPGOODWILL - Vintage Nishijin Pachinko Vertical Pin Ball Machi

I is high bidder now
    the

LLTR

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Another Five Bells machine! It's funny how one person finds a new theme in a vintage Pachi, then they start popping up everywhere.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by owennewton View Post
    I is high bidder now
    Nice looking machine! Hope you win!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

a chance at a side tross (sorta) machine at a good price is too good to pass up.
    the

LLTR

10. The following user says "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The "Five Bells" machine is a challenging game to play. It's pretty easy to get balls into the four "side" bell pockets, but once you get a ball in, they roll closed. The only way to get them to open again is to get a ball in the center hole of the top feature, which is a challenge in itself. I suspect that this machine was not very popular with the Pachinko Parlor patrons.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a 73 with the two next to the center feature but not the side pockets
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I won it for 36 bucks.

They are making it hard to get it... "PICKUPS ARE AVAILABLE MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, AND FRIDAY FROM 1 PM - 3 PM. 24 HOURS NOTICE IS REQUIRED."
    yet they give no way to contact them. It took me almost 10 minutes to find the phone number of the outlet it is at so I will call monday morning but to me this seems like a bit of bull
    the

LLTR

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by owennewton View Post
    I won it for 36 bucks.

They are making it hard to get it... "PICKUPS ARE AVAILABLE MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, AND FRIDAY FROM 1 PM - 3 PM. 24 HOURS NOTICE IS REQUIRED."
    yet they give no way to contact them. It took me almost 10 minutes to find the phone number of the outlet it is at so I will call monday morning but to me this seems like a bit of bull
    Don't worry about that. I bought a machine off Shopgoodwill. They said they were open on Friday and Wednesday. I contacted the seller and he said he'll leave it in the retail store for me to pick up on saturday.

Sometimes the seller is willing to negoticate

100 machines and counting...

17. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They gave me a lot of trouble with the last one I got from this outlet. The guy refused to let me pick it up at first due to me not making an appointment and it took a bit of begging and saying I had never done anything with them before to get him to let me have it that day. I hope this goes a little smother.
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well at least I know the seller for the Long Beach one is rather friendly. (just took a while to hear back from him.)

Hopefully it will go better Owen.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have it home now. The pick up was not fun at all... I called at 8:05 this morning and asked if I could get it today and the first thing he said was " It must be scheduled before 7 am they don't open til 8. He gave in when I told him that and I also let him know I contacted them the first moment they were open after the sale had closed. I got there at 10 til 1 pm so I went into the store and looked around to kill time, I went to the will call after not seeing anything and the first words spoken were "You are too early" then I was made to wait until the clock on her desk said 1 pm while she sat there doing nothing. She took my paper and came back with the machine on a cart, rolled it out by me and walked off. I waited a few minutes and nobody was there but the moment I picked the machine up and turned around she started yelling at me for trying to leave before she had done the paperwork then threatened to make me wait til Wednesday to pick it up as I "did not have an appointment" (I thought that was what I set up calling first thing in the morning) So I had to stand there like an idiot or a child in trouble until she gave me permission to leave.

Best I can tell they make picking thing up hell for people to entertain themselves but by the time I was leaving all I wanted to do was go to jail with an assault charge.

The machine is very dirty but the color is amazing on the cell, almost no fading and all the colors are still there and right. No water staining and other than being stiff from the crud everything works. It is missing the ball track cover and the jackpot cover (like 80% of them are) but it is in great shape.

I will ad pics to my "buying too many machines" thread in the vintage section when I start messing with it as it is being set aside while I plan to install the ball lifter that will be here this week in my 8 machine cabinet
    the

LLTR

21. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow sounds like you got a real hard time Owen.

When I went to picky mine up I went to the back room showed my papers to a lady told me to initial it to show that I picked it up and then let me leave. I was surprised how fast and easy it was. Then again I wasn't dealing with the person who sold the machine because they were off the day I picked it up.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the people at the Hillsboro one just seems to have tude but at least I am home with it and it was cheap enough that I don't care anymore. I vented and am over it
    the

LLTR

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I like to do a word of mouth campaign on places that don't want to treat Customers right . They don't deserve to be in business and I would report these Fools to Goodwill main headquarters and maybe local news people
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS