Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: i've been hacked--warning!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post i've been hacked--warning!!!

well last nite i got a little bored and did some net surfing and somewhere along the line my computer got hit with a very bad virus

i couldn't get online and screens kept popping up with all kinds of warnings and saying if i got their software for 59.99 it would clear up my problems!!!

they put the virus in and then want me to pay crooks!

i finally was able to run malware and it said no viruses, i couldn't ues restore, but finaly gt windows essentials to run, did full scan all nte and somewhere down the line the virus shutoff my computer

this morning i had the same troubles, but got into restore and went back 3 days, no luck, finally gt into norton scan and nothing came up, but norton allows essentials scan, so i did that,

and up pops a little essentials screen saying a virus was found an click to remove it

problems solved

the moral of this story is stick with your favorite sites!!!

like Pachitalk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

2. The following 15 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: i've been hacked--warning!!!

Get yourself the FREE version of MalwareBytes and run your computer in SAFE mode if that happens again!
    That should help solve it easier! I have other suggestions but they require a bit of geek to do do
    Things like HiJack this take care of it too!

http://shop.malwarebytes.org/lpa/342...FcNo4AoddQEDmA
    Last edited by KimbaWLion; 12-17-2011 at 01:18 PM.
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

4. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i ran MalwareBytes at least 4 times and it never found the virus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My computer did the same thing with the same adds ,59.99 was the only waty to fix the virus. I had to do a full recovery on mycomputer. I only stick with web sites I know are safe, I was web surfing too.Be carefull out there searching on the web
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also remember there are different kinds of things. Malware is NOT a virus. That is where HijackThis comes in...
    It captures your start up so can delete bad lines etc. Some malware replaces ACTUAL windows files so they are not
    able to be removed. Its an evil world out there...

SOME malware lets you THINK your running malwarebyes in safe mode when your not... As I said bad and evil world...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What is interesting is that the guys who first started all this were featured in an article in Wired Magazine a few months back. They infect your PC and then sell you what amounts to a very poor freeware anti-virus program to stop it. They weren't able to actually interview the guys themselves, as they are still on the run from the law but there are now many copycats who do this. A good firewall really helps prevent it.

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

About 3 or 4 years ago I got this on my laptop and bestbuy geek squad fixed it for a price $$$

These guys who did this program
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've had this happen to me two times. Fell for it the first time but not the second. After the second time I installled free antivirus called AVG. You download the 30 day free trial (you don't have to give any identifying info like name or credit card number, just hit the download button). Immediately after it downloads, go into controll panel and open "add or remove programs" and delete it. It will ask if you want to keep the free version without the 30 day time limit...hit yes...and your computer has free virus protection. I've done this for my desktop and four laptops and it works great. http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage If you're running Windows, you can download Defender. Windows Defender is a free program that helps you stay productive by protecting your computer against pop-ups, slow performance and security threats caused by spyware and other potentially unwanted software.
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Yukamin Zaki

12. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to pachinkojeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy Re: i've been hacked--warning!!!

well yesterday i got hit with the same thing again, i shut off powerstrip right away, but, it started again as soon as i turned it back on

it looks like the first thing it does is shut down internet access, so essentials doesn't find the problem, i was able to get into safe mode and run full scan with norton's.

then could get into essentials for quick scan, internet access was started again and i got alert of virus and was able to scan and remove it

i then updated essentials and malware and did quick scan with both, almost 2 hours on messing around to get up and running!!

first thing this morning i did both updates and quick scans again, i think i will be doing that every morning to be safer

14. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

JUST a thought? If you buy Malwarebytes it has real time protection. JUST something to think about.
    HIjack this can stop SOME of that too. It may also be self replicating too. I have run into a lot in my time...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i got a severe threat notice from essentials, and this time i was about to delete the file with essentials. did essentials san and malware, malware forund a few more viruses too!!!

i plan on updating both and scanning daily.

my son got his c.c. info hacked recently and had over $600.0 in charges made in california, he's in florida

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    well yesterday i got hit with the same thing again, i shut off powerstrip right away, but, it started again as soon as i turned it back on

it looks like the first thing it does is shut down internet access, so essentials doesn't find the problem, i was able to get into safe mode and run full scan with norton's.

then could get into essentials for quick scan, internet access was started again and i got alert of virus and was able to scan and remove it

i then updated essentials and malware and did quick scan with both, almost 2 hours on messing around to get up and running!!

first thing this morning i did both updates and quick scans again, i think i will be doing that every morning to be safer

I don't know if this is just a coincidence, but I was hit with the same "Win 7 Home Security 2012 - Unregistered Version" virus last night. The only websites I had open yesterday were pachitalk and cbssportsline. I did a full scan using Kaspersky and it identified an active threat, but when I clicked on the threat in the reports menu, the "disinfect it" button doesn't seem to function. This type of stuff is new to me, so I have no idea if its been disinfected (?) or its if still an active threat. I've never heard of malware, essentials, etc.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't think the websites you visit have as much to do with getting infected as the pictures you see or the ads that appear on the pages you view. The malware can be attached to any picture and PDF file just as easily as to websites and website pop-ups, and when the picture opens/appears on your screen it can transfer the malware "seed". I have personally been infected on my work laptop twice, and I open and use pretty much the same 4-5 websites daily.

I have been cleaning the malware off 3-5 computers each week (I am in the tech support dept for a global company) and the method to remove it is different for each strain of the malware. But in every case, I find that the infection begins in the Internet temp files folder regardless of the browser used. I recommend to my end-users that they get in the habit of deleting their Internet temp files daily. While it wont prevent infection, it will most certainly reduce their chances.

There are many tools and methods for removing the infection, but as I said above each infection is slightly different than the previous. It's essentially a cat & mouse game. My favorite tool of choice right now is the purchased version of Malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org)- just make sure you keep the definitions file updated!!
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

19. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Luckydog, have you had any more issues with your virus? I ask because I just logged onto pachitalk and received the following pop-up message:

Successfully blocked access to a potentially malicious website 95.168.185.105.

Type: Outgoing
    Port: 54218
    Process: AVP.exe

This is at least the third time in the last few days that Kaspersky or Malware has identified a threat on my computer upon my opening pachitalk.com. Anyone else have this same issue? Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have not had any issues with PachiTalk. It is possible that you are getting personalized context Google ads that are infected, and the infection isn't originating from the actual PachiTalk site.

Send a PM to Sid and let him know of your experiences. He can turn off the Google ads for a while to see if the issue goes away.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm having the same problem. Whenever I log into PachiTalk I get the malware warning.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Steve Cebu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I stopped getting any warnings like that from any websites as soon as I started using ad block software.
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i got hit twice sunday, the second time i think my software slowed the attack down and i could do essentials and malwarebytes scans to clear it out.

i have only been on my usual sites, i don't know if a seed is imbedded in my system or it may be from an ad at the top of the page???

i been upgrading software and scanning a few times a day lately, you would think MS essentials would find a fix

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Could be either one.

At my company, if a "cleaned" machine get's hit again within a week, we wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows and all of the software again. That usually fixes the issue once and for all.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is scary, but I run no anti-virus or malware at all. I have not had anything. Could it be my ISP that's preventing it from getting to me?
    A Hardy har har...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast