Thread: IGT The Terminator c 2000 Canal+DA that is half working ...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default IGT The Terminator (c) 2000 Canal+DA that is half working ...

I just picked up this IGT The Terminator (c) 2000 Canal+DA 3 reel machine and it was not working at all...no power, I found the circuit breaker tripped on the transformer so I reset it. The machine now only partially works. Basically you can bet, spin and stop the reels and it will pay out but it has NO sound, the LED matrix display does not light up, the CFL light above the reels doesn't light and the side and top light are inop. It looks like all of the stuff that doesn't work connects to the sound/ light board at the top of the machine on the back wall. The numbers on the board are PI19D 01A. I checked the 8 pin connector from the power supply to this board and the voltages just are not there (not sure what they should be) but they are inconsistent and then drop very low.
    I believe I may have a partially working power supply. The sticker on it says N059178 the numbers on the board inside are PI10G-A IGT Japan.

UPDATE:
    I partially recapped the the combo sound/light driver board and power supply with what caps I had in stock and ordered the rest.
    Apparently these machines do not use a common chassis ground. Which was causing my low voltages readings out of power supply on the j11 8 pin connector at the sound board. Testing between pins on that connector revealed various voltages up to 39v dc. So maybe the power supply is good? I just don't know. Also I do get some popping from the speakers when I work both volume switches.

Maybe the motherboard is bad as it connects to the combo sound board and probably supplys the sound and the signal for the LED matrix?

If someone has one of these machines in full working condition and can test the voltages at connector j11 of the sound board and report them back or have a schematic for this machine? so I can confirm my readings and can anyone tell me where to get parts for this or what other machines use the same boards and power supply?

Any help is much appreciated! and Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images