Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nishijin Powerflash Thunder Bird Problem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin Powerflash Thunder Bird Problem

First powerflash so it is new to me. Have no problem with other pachinko's, no problem at all. Once I learn this then I feel more comfortable with buying more. When I also was asking the same question I was looking for different answers and or options or opinions from other people. I already knew what you told me to do, just wanted nto see if anyone had a step by step or video etc... I have no problem with opening it up just wanted to hear everyone's advice before carrying on.
    Last edited by brandonevans428; 12-10-2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Nishijin Model B Super Deluxe Beautiful Day Side Tross Plus Lady Bug, Nishijin Power Roulette, Nishijin Sophia Powerflash Thunder Bird, Sanyo Comet II

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Roger, understood but until you get some pieces off it's going to be hard to help. Kinda like trying to deduce exactly what's wrong with a car but not opening the hood. Once you get in there it may be obvious or not. In which case post back.
    Do a YouTube search for powerflash vids by Mudfud. They're not step by step but she does go they the parts and stuff.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

take lots of pictures and you should be good to go..

ya might consider drilling holes hrew the plastic and puting screws in to hold it in place... then pull the staples... then you can take the scres back out.. lining up the screw holes is the best way to go... without a referance geting it back is going to be hard..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just took apart the rest of the powerflash and gave it a good cleaning. Not really dirty but I used compressed air canister and that sure did the job. There are 3 microswitches that I can see. The top one is the one for the very top small hole of the playfield. I see nothing wrong with it and it makes the click sound real easily on the switch. Still though when a ball lands on it it is sappose to open all tulips. I don't see exactly what it is I am sappose to do. Maybe check the wiring now? It all seemed to be connected. maybe not good enough? the microswitch is intact and looks fine. I'm a bit confused but I will continue on cleaning.004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg
    Nishijin Model B Super Deluxe Beautiful Day Side Tross Plus Lady Bug, Nishijin Power Roulette, Nishijin Sophia Powerflash Thunder Bird, Sanyo Comet II

Thanks
    Thanks Received

now ya have it off put some power to it and bench test it...

or at least check it for continuity...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So you want me to reconnect it back into place plug it in then see if it works? okay

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just because the switch clicks and looks fine doesn't mean it's making continuity on the inside. I've dealt with that issue before. Get a decent multimeter and learn to use it. They're cheap, easy to use, and pretty much required if you plan on being self sufficient in keeping more complex machines running.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

And no, don't reconnect the back. If you did you wouldn't be able to manipulate the switch or anything else, or look for more problems, or...
    Alright just looked at your pics and didn't realize you completely removed the solenoids and everything. If it were me, I'd reconnect it all minus the flimsy plastic cover. That way you can get to everything while its all hooked up and with the machine powered up and trouble shoot from there.
    Last edited by emmadog; 12-13-2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay I have a bigger problem now. I just put the whole back back together. It lighted all worked before taking it off and i just put it all back and nothing works. the light bulbs are all that work and the rest isn't. I connected all the wires like before and did nothing to the wires. just took it off to clean. Now none of the tulips open or close nothing.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

are you geting power to the solonoids???

check to make sure your geting power... make sure the simple fuse did not blow...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

okay can someone verify this for me. on the clear servo or seronoid w.e its called. it seems that maybe mine has a problem maybe. it all connects on the left side the metal pieces touch and on the right it seems to have lost a bit of metal wiring to connect it all the way. maybe the pictures can help you understand. left side it all connects like it makes a loop from the left to the right side and the right side isn't touching.005.jpg007.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

its a relay...

i think my t-bird is burried right now... but ill take a look when i get home and see if i can dig it out... does someone have a t-bird out so they can snap a clear pic??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll get the nikon and take some more pics. Sorry only had phone on me

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Powerflash solenoid Wiring.jpg

Here is shot from my t-bird.
    I had a similar problem on one of mine.
    If I remember right, turned out to be a cracked soldered joint on one of the solenoids.

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mbodi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

so on the clear soldered like mine the white wire should be connected like on the opposite left side right? because mine isn't and that might be the problem. If so what would you recemmend? Should I add a piece of metal to touch and connect the wire to touch the metal piece aluminum or a new wire?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

are you posting pics of the right side relay or the left side relay???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Dave
    The pic I posted is the relay on the left if looking at it from the back.
    Hard to see in Brandon's photo, but think he has a wire that needs to be re-soldered on the terminal.
    Think that broken wire would cause the problem he is having. Probably was barely touching before, and thats why it was making some noise but not moving the linkage from the solenoid.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to mbodi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yea I think so tool. Because it seems as if it should be touching like it is on the left side but it isn't connected on the right. it use to work but would stop and it made noise because probably not good enough contact. would that explain or have anyting to do with why my lights are not turning on either? anywayys so i just should replace that wire or add and solder scrap metal to it a very tiny piece? Thanks for the help guys.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the lights are on a totaly differnt circuit... the solonoids and Relays opperate on 24 volts... the lights were originaly set up to opperate on 10 volts...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just soldered the white wire on the clear relay and still nothing works with the trandformer plugged in. Whats weird is i touch a 9 volt battery on the orange wire plug in and the right black linkage in the back moves a little but when i plug in the transformer nothing happens when the microswitches are pushed. I might need to buy a new relay. I used an electrometer and all aroundf the machine was around 20 to 22 volts all around. Maybe something wrong in fuse box or the fuses might not be touching good enough. also the lights don't turn on when i touch a battery to the wire like it did before. maybe need new light socket or something else is wrong. I just know everything was working fine on the machine then i decided to take off the back and clean then it stopped once a piece of the solder piece fell off. really upset.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2