Thread: Help Identifying New Pachinko Machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Help Identifying New Pachinko Machine

Hello... newbie here trying to figure out what I got for 15 bucks recently. I have been somewhat stumped on the brand or vintage the machine is. I will attempt to post some pictures for all to see. Is there anything that looks like it is missing or really messed up?

Thanks!
    Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to mncorrado

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help Identifying New Pachinko Machine

Welcome to PachiTalk!! Thanks for taking the time to create an account and post pictures of your machine!

You have a Nishijin Model A single ball conversion machine, probably built between 1962 and 1964, based on several I have restored. Overall, your machine looks complete, just dirty. Here is a link to a members' video that explains how the machine is supposed to work. I'm sure the video will address many of your questions: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...del-video.html

When you get ready to clean it up, read this thread for some expert tips: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...o-machine.html

Again, welcome to the forum and our online community. We are happy to have you as a member. Please come back and visit us frequently.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

at a quick look it appers to be compleat...

it looks as though the playfield cell is delaminating... looks like ya might be in for a cell replacement..

fell free to ask any questions
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you! The only other mystery for me that I have not be able to figure out is how to open the glass on the front. It seems like the part of the shooting mechanism is in the way to open the glass front up. What I am not understanding with the opening of the glass in front so I can see the playfield.

Thanks again... This will be a long and slow project for me but when its done I hope it will be fun for my kids to play. The price was right at nearly free.

Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to open class there is a tab on the back right side... lift it and the class should pop open... sometimes you have to pull the glass open.. i can see the tap in your pics... right side near the center...
    Last edited by Moparformances; 12-04-2011 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

as an fyi ya have an late single shot machine... it was converted to a multi shot at some point... that part of the reason y the shooter tray is set up like that .. there neat machines i have one like that... all winner are paided to the bottom tray and the player has to move them from the lower tray to the shooter tray..

aa modified single shot front.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great price! I just paid $55 for 1 just like it. Mine has a broken tray in back, but I have a replacement already. I have only seen 2 with a clear/smoke door, most are green and white. The tube with a spring clips to the lower tray, other than that...looks complete! I like the single ball conversion machines. Won't say they are rare... but there are less of them. AND to PACHITALK!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The single shot conversions are kind of oddball machines. They were not actually produced as a model run per se, but rather older machines were retrofitted with front overflow trays and then returned to service. This happened in 1969. The Japanese gaming authority lifted a two-decade old restriction against autoloading machines that would pay more than one ball per jackpot in 1969 paving the way for the autoloaders of the 1970's.

Although the machines themselves were generally produced between 1966-1968, once modified and replaced into service they generally become classified as 1969 retrofits, of sometimes as "conversions.". The same thing happened in 1976 when older machines were returned to service retrofitted with shooting knobs.

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Rival