Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: sams pachislo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We interrupt this 7mile and Honda commercial segment to bring you this continuation of topic...

Oh yeah... Sam's Club... that was it... :wink:

Here's the scoop at two Sam's Clubs near me, per phone calls:

For $255 plus 6% PA tax... here's what's available:

Savana Park, Jet Set Radio, King of King Pulsar, Ice Age??, Ninja Trucker, Horse Race, Azteca Legend, and Boy Rock.

LOTS of Boy Rock.
    (What's a Boy Rock???) :?:

Although I asked on the phone, one person was nice enough (bored enough???) to lower pallets from shelving to look them over and get the names. She told me that they've had them for about two weeks... and so far only 2 have sold!!!

Nothing there that interests me for that price.

We now return you to your regular programming.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ninja trucker is that an actual model or is that the gin gin maru?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's what I figured, but like I said it was on the phone. Didn't feel like traveling to see them once I heard the names.

Ice Age = Ice Story?
    Ninja Truck Driver = Spirit of Truck Driving??

And I'm still trying to figure out BOY ROCK!!! :-?
    logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Call when there's a different bored sales person on...and ask the same question....or talk to management, ask what they're listed on the packing slip as?
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Gilbert, AZ. $255+tax
    12 machines on the floor, no sign of any more in the rafters.
    Titles include Kung Fu Lady, Hanabi, B-MAX, King Pulsar, Neo-PlanetT, Babel, Model with Face on the belly might be King of Battle World. Another colorful Eleco model I've never seen before. Silver trim around the belly, multicolored English lettering .

Chandler, AZ $255+tax
    about 6 machines on floor, forgot to ask or check rafters
    Titles include. Hanabi, Gold X, very nice Thunderbirds.

I might check some others tomorrow.

Lew, did you check out Scottdale etc?
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Chris I don't have a Sams club card. Will they give this info on the phone?I guess I should at least try.... :wink:

Utopia1dc

Azlew-

I believe you can still shop without membership...you just pay more! But, you could still window shop without a card...atleast that's the way it was the last time I went (about a year ago in PA). :-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is how I got into pachislos about 6 weeks back. It was at Sam's club that I saw them, and I bought the Kung Fu Lady 2. Then the next weekend I went there and bought the Don Don King. I had no idea what I was doing. The distributor of these is so so (TDS Gaming I think). I called them and left them a message about a problem I was having on one of the machines. They called back the next day, and the guy told me "These machines just have a mind of their own".
    The KF2 machine was in poor shape. The belly glass had been replaced by a very thin plexiglass section and a poorly printed replica on some backlit film. The cases are in scratched up shape. I have done a lot of work on the crappy Kung Fu Lady 2 machine just to get it looking ok. The Don Don King was in good shape, not counting the case. Tokens are all pretty lame.

To me, for the money, I am much better off buying from Stealth or some other reputable dealer. The one I ordered off ebay was so much nicer and half the cost.

That is just my experience. Maybe the machines are better in other parts of the country.
    Gold God - Don Don King - Kung Fu Lady II - New Pulsar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

delphicoder:

What kind of return warranty does Sams have?

If I were you and if you can,I would haul them back and tell them about all that.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I believe Sam's Club has a very liberal return policy (They are the same company as Wal-Mart.) They may or may not give model info over the phone. It probably depends how busy they are. When I was considering membership a few months ago, they had no problem letting me look around without being a member, but in order to buy, I had to join.

At the Sam's clubs I was at, the machines were packaged in clear shrink wrap, so the condition of the machine was pretty easy to asses. As mentioned in another thread, these are not brand new machines. Some machines are better than others, and some vendors are better than others, but they are still used. To buy an as-is clearance special or buy a machine of your own choosing in person then to complain about the condition seems silly to me.

The Thunderbirds I looked at last night was very clearly in excellent condition. Many of the others were less impressive. The machines in general did not look as clean as the Grandview machines they had at Costco a few months ago.

Personally, I think that $255+tax is too much for anything but a super-premium machine. I was fishing for a Sindbad Adventure or similar.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

cwstnsko:

Quote Originally Posted by cwstnsko
    To buy an as-is clearance special or buy a machine of your own choosing in person then to complain about the condition seems silly to me.
    I am making the comparison to what I bought later online. I think in my original post I said I had no idea what I was doing at the time when I bought it. Also, when I bought it at SAMS I could not see the condition of the inside, or the tokens.

Knowing what I know now, I would never buy another one at that price at Sams.
    Gold God - Don Don King - Kung Fu Lady II - New Pulsar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Slotter,

I will take a look here in Mankato. If they have Spin Lucks...I will buy two. One for you and one for me. 8-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by evh347
    Slotter,

I will take a look here in Mankato. If they have Spin Lucks...I will buy two. One for you and one for me. 8-)
    Sounds good. Also will take a Super Blackjack or Betty Boop at that price. : :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by delphicoder
    I am making the comparison to what I bought later online. I think in my original post I said I had no idea what I was doing at the time when I bought it. Also, when I bought it at SAMS I could not see the condition of the inside, or the tokens.

Knowing what I know now, I would never buy another one at that price at Sams.
    I know how you feel, I did the same thing. I bought my 1st machine (Aladdin-A) at Costco for about $250+tax. Several of the machines I've purchased since then are much cleaner inside than the Aladdin was. I'd only get a machine at Sam's for that price if it was a very nice premium title.

Even though I know more now, and I can find better prices, I'm still happy with my original purchase from Costco. Their return policy is one of the things that gave me the courage to take a machine home. The machine I got is not a bad machine and I have "detailed" it to bring it up to the standards I now expect. Most of all I thank them for introducing me to a new hobby which I enjoy very much :-) If Costco hadn't been selling slightly overpriced pachislos, I wouldn't be on this board right now.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your story and mine are very similar, Chris. I have the same thoughts you articulated so well. Costco, etc. :wink:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Maybe this weekend I will go on a quest... a mini-tour of PA.
    But if I'm going to Sam's Clubs... I've GOT to leave the wife at home!!! :-P
    She will only fill the Cruiser with worthless junk! :lol:

Yes... I have a PT Cruiser... the PT stands for PachiTalk! :smt023
    (and it's a "woodie" too!!!)
    :smt101
    logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

logic probe u should have a pachitalk.com logo detailed on your car... free advertising

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I will second that. I bought my first from CostCo.
    *Babel*Azteca Legend*

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slotter
    Your story and mine are very similar, Chris. I have the same thoughts you articulated so well. Costco, etc. :wink:
    I had a discussion with one of my sons the other day about this issue of buying online versus buying from a local merchant. He couldnÂ’t understand for instance why someone would buy a cellular phone from Radio Shack when there are websites that will pay you to take their phones. I explained that he is an astute shopper (yup, a chip off the old block) but that many people would rather pay more to buy from a recognized company, especially one they can go to and yell at someone face-to-face.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Bowling
    one they can go to and yell at someone face-to-face.
    Oh, say it ain't so! Yell at someone? I'm much to dainty and...and...MANNERED to yell at anyone! :smt084 :smt014 :smt026 :smt046
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast