Thread: Pachinko Problem, please help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko Problem, please help

The see-saw mechanism for my Sanyo Comet 2 doesn't go up and down back n forth on it's own when the winning balls goes through. Even when I reset it, the ball goes in and the see-saw drops and stays down, doesn't come up on its own. What do I do and how to fix it ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko Problem, please help

you need to carefully take it apart to polish and clean all the pivots. If you search for Comet II you will find a number of threads about issues with these parts.
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can always get the first jackpot and anything after I have to reset it manually. So this is a common problem? Just clean and polish the joint and bolts that connect it?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

all of the rods that things pivot on get corrosion and the plastic gets dirty and then things stop working right. it seems to take a lot more work to get this model going again than most and you could have something else contributing to it as well but I would bet money it is just gummed up.

The Comet I have did the same thing and it was just a matter of going over everything carefully that took care of it
    the

LLTR

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First to all who have read and replied to my other forums, I apoligize for making multiple threads. I thought that for each problem I had with my Pachinko machine that it would be in it's own thread and with its own title. I thought it also would increase my chances of getting help but everyone on here is very helpful. So there was no need for that, considering the fact that no matter what the title or the problem someone is going to read and help me with my problem. From now on I will post multiple problems within the current forum/thread I have created.

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to brandonevans428

Thanks
    Thanks Received

To post further problems on here within the same thread. I will post all the problems and post photo's here as well. Okay, here goes... My Sanyo Comet II I purchased at our local Antique store built in with it's own cabinet. Great color and condition. Did some cleaning diseembled the back and took out all balls that were stuck. The only problems in total that I have are that the see=saw doesn't come up and back down on its own. I can receive only 1 jackpot/payout before having to reset it manually myself. I also having a missing or broken front ball tray empty lever. Is there a way to fix this with household or store items. Possibly a piece of plastic and glue it? Also the contacts for the jackpot to signal the light upon being touched seems to have burnt a hole through the top contact. How can this be fixed, possibly aluminum foil, new contacts, sanding? My ball tray empty light lights up fine, but the jackpot seems to have the only problem. I think over long period of use it eventually went and burtn through it. Possibly even the previous owners before me plugged it into an outlet. I will keep you all posted and up to date with pictures and current detailed descriptions of my problems. Thanks to all 'Brandon j 001.jpgh 020.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are some more pictures of what my problems are. When I slide the lever to drop all the balls and to empty them in the back all inside the machine. It falls out these 2 holes. This Sanyo Comet II was missing this piece. It is sappose to cover and make a trail for the falling balls to make it enter inside to come down to losing ball hole into the tray. As you can you I'm missing that piece. Anyone have one or know what I could use to remake my own piece or make own path to lead into that hole? Also what is that white thing in my 3rd picture? It can be pulled to the left side and it looks like it touches a different white piece below bottom left corner where the ball shooter mechanism is. Whats the perpose of this piece and whats wrong with it if anything. How should it be?hi 001.jpghi 002.jpghi 003.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by brandonevans428 View Post
    Also what is that white thing in my 3rd picture? It can be pulled to the left side and it looks like it touches a different white piece below bottom left corner where the ball shooter mechanism is. Whats the perpose of this piece and whats wrong with it if anything.
    That is a machine shut-off that is triggered when the lower front ball tray gets too full. When the lower front ball tray gets filled with balls, they put pressure on the side wall (inside) which will push that lever to the left, which will in turn will shut down play by preventing any more balls to enter the shooter. For normal home use, you probably will never see it used, but in the parlors they had to find a way to get players to stop and empty the machines occasionally.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

11. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hello 001.jpghello 002.jpgMy Sanyo Comet II
    Nishijin Model B Super Deluxe Beautiful Day Side Tross Plus Lady Bug, Nishijin Power Roulette, Nishijin Sophia Powerflash Thunder Bird, Sanyo Comet II

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to brandonevans428

Thanks
    Thanks Received

for your first post / problem.. i would try takeing the back off and clean all the pivot points... take pictures as ya go and post them... im sure its a dirty pivot point but once ya get it open ya might find it jamed with something??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead