Thread: My first machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My first machine

So here is my first machine, it has Showa 51 date on it, so from what I have read, that means that it was manufactured about a year before that? I am wondering if anybody knows anything about this machine. If it has a model name I am guessing it is a Goemon because thats what is written in kanji and so that is probably who the character is in the jackpot area. I liked the machine because of Goemon, who was a thief famously known for being boiled alive for a failed assassination attempt. Ouch! The back is missing some parts because I took some off. I have two other machines but they look like they are going to be used for parts. The electrical is going to be the last part I want to fix, but I have zero experience with anything electrical so that will be fun. I don't have much free time in the next couple of months, but I want to get it fully cleaned up and running and maybe update the post. Anyways, just wanted to share with you guys. Happy thanksgiving everybody.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to kurisu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My first machine

Nice machine, colorful center feature, and a very clean play field too!! I think you did very well!!

Don't worry too much about wiring the lights. I also had ZERO skills with such work, and I was able to figure them out with the help of the folks here. Let us know when you get to that stage and we will be happy to assist.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What you have is a Nishijin model B with a goemon theme. The date isn't 50 or 51. to find the date built take the 51 # and add 25 to it and then you take off a year or two. Therefore your date is 1975 and that is when your machine was built. If you don't take off the year or two that is when it expired and should have been replaced.

If you need any help I am working on a model B from the same year as yours at the moment. (Thread will come once I'm done. Because I don't have much time per. day.)

100 machines and counting...

6. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if ya have not found this yet.. i should help ya a bit..

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...l-b-video.html

great looking machine... Look thew my other vids..

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

that is a 1975 for sure. Nishijin seem to be the easiest to date as the plastics around the cell are different every year so (most of the time) if you know what year one is you can spot others from the same year by the lights and plastics
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice machine!

Here is my write up on those:

http://pachinkoplanet.com/zencart/in...age=page&id=13

That piping is one of my favorites.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hang on. I thought the Goemon theme was familiar. We have a few members with them

My old Nishijin

Cool Machine
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks guys for the replys and insight. I did see that video before by the way, it was extremely helpful as I couldn't figure out the machine completely until after I watched it. I hope to get to work on it soon, I'll keep ya guys updated.

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to kurisu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Feel free to ask any questions if ya get in a pinch
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, I'd decided yesterday I was going to try and hook up the lights. This is proven to be as difficult as I thought it would. I really don't understand any of the wiring and the other posts I've read are other machines and I haven't been able to apply how those work to what I'm doing. I think the best way for me would be to see where all the connections are on a finished machine. So I'm working with the parts from the original wires from the first picture. I cut off the end of an adapter and am using that as the power supply just for now. If any of you guys could help, please do!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I only have 1 model B Nishijin, and wiring is complete. It has an extra low ball light that shines in the window near the flipper. You can add the light, or just ignore it.Model B wiring 109.JPG First of all you are missing the fuse block. Not entirely necessary, you can get something made for speaker cabinets from Radio shack and ignore the fuse. The amps and volts are so low, you won't need one.Model B wiring 110.JPG This is the low ball switch, terminal strip, and jack pot lights. Model B wiring 111.JPG This is the whole wiring picture that you want to duplicate...the two wires that go down are to the low ball light in the front tray window.Model B wiring 112.JPG And of course you are probably wondering what is going on behind that fuse block...so was I...so, I took another pic Model B wiring 113.JPG The orange screw goes to the fuse. All orange wires go to the other side of the fuse. This would be your + wire. (Although it don't really matter if + or -, it will work either way) The white screw is the white wire. This would be your - wire. I am missing the yellow screw. It should be to the left of the missing fuse in the 1st pic. You can just snip that wire off, as you will never use it. The yellow screw is to send a signal to a bank of lights in the office of the parlor to indicate to the manager that machine #X is low on balls. I doubt that any of us collectors here use it for ANY reason...if so I would like to know! NOW...all these pics are great...but, you still can't wire your machine from pics alone! So, I drew this dorky little schematic diagram. I'm sure there is a way to make a prettier one using the computer...but I feel lucky just to be able to post pics...so pen and paper is still king!Model B wiring 114.JPG I didn't draw the wires in the exact path that they run. I drew them in a more direct path to make it easier to understand. I included the low ball light to the tray window so you can add it if you like. I thought I had a Model B fuse block, but all I have is an incorrect Model A one. If you want, I can take a pic of it. If you want it, it is yours. You may need to modify it, but it will work. If you run into trouble...take pics of what is confusing you, post it and ask questions. I'll do my best to help, and there are those here who are WAY smarter than me to help you!

16. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When looking at the pic of the back of your machine...I noticed that you are missing your "ball dump" channel! This is not a problem...as long as you don't activate the BALL DUMP lever! If so...Balls will fly out everywhere! I thought I had one...don't see it. I'll have to look through my pics to see if "melted Side Tross" had one before I reduced it to a pile of parts.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is the exact wiring diagram.

3 light diagram.png

(diagram take from Dan Reed's website. )

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome, thanks pachiwall, that is what I wanted to see, the back of that fuse box. I actually have that piece and also that ball dump channel, I was just taking stuff apart when I first got it. Going to start on that right now, it'll prob look like crap, but I just want to initially get everything hooked up. Also, I have the double lamps that light up behind the jp center instead of the bottom ball emptry tray. I just realized I can't swap that wiring cuz then the jp light would only come on if ball tray empty.025.JPG
    Hmm, well I'll try to figure that out, now that I got somewhere to start off at

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The double lights should be for your jackpot...correct? Your low ball light is in the top corner where the fusebox goes. The extra light is just fluff. Post pics of your problem areas if you have questions!

21. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmm. So you have the 5 light model. (The super high deluxe machine. )

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks guys, I was able to get everything hooked up and working. It isn't very pretty though because I don't know how to solder and redid some of the connections with new wire. So I got the basic idea down, but it looks like a mess and actually I haven't hooked up everything all the way, some wires are just wrapped together. I went to radioshack and saw their fuses and they were all rated at 250V, is this going to matter? Right now I just have a piece of aluminum foil where the fuse goes.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by kurisu View Post
    Thanks guys, I was able to get everything hooked up and working. It isn't very pretty though because I don't know how to solder and redid some of the connections with new wire. So I got the basic idea down, but it looks like a mess and actually I haven't hooked up everything all the way, some wires are just wrapped together. I went to radioshack and saw their fuses and they were all rated at 250V, is this going to matter? Right now I just have a piece of aluminum foil where the fuse goes.
    Best place to get the fuses is at an ACE hardware store or other small hardware store. Look in the automotive fuses you should be able to find one for 9v. (and about 1amp.)

25. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman