Thread: Crazy power cycling / rebooting

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Crazy power cycling / rebooting

I have inherited a Eleco Thunder V machine. It was at my father in-law's store which was broken in to and during the robbery this machine was apparently dropped by the criminals.

He was going to have it fixed but decided it was not worth while as they buy them in such bulk then can replace it for about $75.00.

So the good news is I have my first machine, the bad news is it just power cycles at random.

I fixed all of the other issues with the machine, it required the coin-mech to be adjusted and I had to fix the hopper which are all working now. The machine is currently in a workshop outside and it is cold here about 40 degrees Fahrenheit. The machine will work just fine for a few minutes and then due to only what I can guess is warming up internally, the machine starts to just "reboot" or power cycle.

I took a little video of the situation and am hoping that one of the experts on here can help.

I disassembled the PSU and tested the only fuse I could find for continuity and it checks out ok, there is however a pretty substantial hum coming from the PSU when on. I am very familiar with computer power supplies and have never heard anything like this before. Is it a normal noise, or should I be concerned? Should I just buy a new power supply? Can I adapt a computers ATX PSU, the connector seems the same, but I have no idea about the pin outs. I am figuring that can't work.

CLICK TO PLAT VIDEO

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Crazy power cycling / rebooting

Im more of a vintage Pachinko kinda guy.. so i cant help ya out much...

wanted to say

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You need to do power supply checks. First check the transformer, than the power supply board. It could also be a short in the wiring, cpu board, or stop relay status board. Hope this helps

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by prayerny1 View Post
    You need to do power supply checks. First check the transformer, than the power supply board. It could also be a short in the wiring, cpu board, or stop relay status board. Hope this helps
    not your first post but wanted to say

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead