Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Introduction Hi I'm new to Pachinko!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Introduction Hi I'm new to Pachinko!

Hi Everyone I have lurked on here for a little bit, finally joinned. I am interested in Pachinkko.
    I'm a big Urusei Yatsura (Lum) fan, as is my wife.
    Finally decided to make the plunge now that we are redoing our den and have some more room.
    I''m a total noob whn it comes to Pachinko and I have more questions than I even know what to ask.
    Usually there is a seperate forum for Welcoming new people but I was told the main board is ok.
    I'm looking to start my collection with 2 machines Urusei Yatsura Forever Love and Urusei Yatsura CR3
    Here are the links I've found

http://www.okumura-yuuki.com/product..._a1/index.html

and

http://www.okumura-yuuki.com/products/2005/ys.html
    http://www.okumura-yuuki.com/product...pcl_ys_psf.jpg

It seems there are different versions of the various machines as well.
    I've read about cabinets, dongles and balls and so much stuff it feels like my head is going to explode.

I'd also like to get at some point a vintage pachinko machine as well. I don't have a lot of room so
    I have to keep it to a dull roar for now. I can't install any cabinets so I guess I have to make a stand of some sort.

The company that seems to get really high marks from everyone is Custom Pachinko from what I have read they are really
    reliable and people seem to like buying from them.

There is also another company I've found called Blue Hotaru and they seem to have a good selection of thigs as well.
    They also have a phone # which for me is a big plus. Has anyone dealt with them before?

I look forward to any wisdom or advice that you can bestow upon me.
    Also I'm looking at getting a Urusei Yatsura Pachislo machine. I take it these can't be made to use quarters?
    My wife was thinking it would be good for a bank for us. My state has said as long as it's for personal entertainment
    they are ok with it. I didn't mention the quarters because my wife asked that when she got home.

I'm more into the Pachinko although when I lived in Asia there weren't very many where I lived.
    Thanks and Hi to everyone!
    Steve

2. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to Steve Cebu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Introduction Hi I'm new to Pachinko!

Welcome to PachiTalk, Steve!! Thanks for joining the forum and for introducing yourself. I think you will find answers to all of your questions from the members here. We are a really friendly and knowledgeable bunch.

Both Custom Pachinko (jackdanielsx) and Blue Hotaru (outdoorenth) are long time members here, so either one may chime in with answers to your questions. Both are great vendors and receive high praise from our other members.

I am a vintage guy, so I cannot address your questions on modern machines, but once you are ready to purchase a vintage machine, I would be more than happy to help.

Again, welcome to our online family! Visit us daily and post often.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Steve,
    Had good luck with Blue Hotaru but to be honest, I have never heard of the pachinko machines you desire. If they are listed for sale on those sites - go get 'em. I don't think they will show up on eBay or Craig's List for a while.

Take a picture of where you want to install your arcade and measure the area. You will get lots of opinions on what to do on this website. Since you mentioned you don't really have room for a cabinet - how about a shelf? And if you want a stand, I really like the themed ones that were based upon a microwave stand...
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...m-cabinet.html

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...y-cabinet.html

I don't think you'll have much luck with converting a machine to require quarters. Dunno.
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

6. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JACKSJE4 View Post

Welcome to PachiTalk, Steve!! Thanks for joining the forum and for introducing yourself. I think you will find answers to all of your questions from the members here. We are a really friendly and knowledgeable bunch.

Both Custom Pachinko (jackdanielsx) and Blue Hotaru (outdoorenth) are long time members here, so either one may chime in with answers to your questions. Both are great vendors and receive high praise from our other members.

I am a vintage guy, so I cannot address your questions on modern machines, but once you are ready to purchase a vintage machine, I would be more than happy to help.

Again, welcome to our online family! Visit us daily and post often.

Jeff

Thanks for the warm welcome Jeff. This seems like a really good group, very helpful.
    I'll be sure to remember to ask you questions about vintage machines when I have them.
    Looks like this is going to be a fun hobby.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    Steve,
    Had good luck with Blue Hotaru but to be honest, I have never heard of the pachinko machines you desire. If they are listed for sale on those sites - go get 'em. I don't think they will show up on eBay or Craig's List for a while.

Take a picture of where you want to install your arcade and measure the area. You will get lots of opinions on what to do on this website. Since you mentioned you don't really have room for a cabinet - how about a shelf? And if you want a stand, I really like the themed ones that were based upon a microwave stand...
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...m-cabinet.html

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...y-cabinet.html

I don't think you'll have much luck with converting a machine to require quarters. Dunno.

Hi Carl, I'm aware that the Urusei Yatsura games might be a bit tough to get but I will be ordering them and crossing my fingers.
    They are not the sort of thing that's likely to show up on eBay or CL.

The microwave cart is a GREAT idea! Looks awesome and I can get stickers from the UY series and fancy it up. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

im more if a vintage kinda guy as well...

so when you do get a Vintage im all hear for ya

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am a big Takahashi fan but for some reason I have never had a hankering for a Lum Pachi!
    I am sure you'll find one sooner or later!
    Good luck and Welcome to Pachitalk!
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

12. The following user says "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to pachitalk. Feel free to ask any questions concerning pachi's,as we have all been new to these machines at one time and are still learning about them.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

14. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME !!!

DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

16. The following user says "Thanks" to alphaminor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk Steve!!

This is a very friendly site with very knowledgeable members, they will be happy to help with any questions you may have. There is a wealth of information to be found here and no question too silly, so ask away

Although PachiTalk has very few rules, the main one, to protect our members is:

(1) Currency Conversion of Pachislo Machines: Posts or Threads referring to currency conversion are strictly prohibited and will be removed immediately, Coin Conversion of Pachislo machines makes these machines illegal in many areas, Our goal is to promote the hobby and not to outlaw it.

The 2 vendors you have mentioned are PachiTalk Members and have had good reviews. There are threads / posts regarding these in the Vendor section I believe. Also they make announcements when new shipments are due in.

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself, it's always great to have new members join us but even better when they pop in to say hello!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

18. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    im more if a vintage kinda guy as well...

so when you do get a Vintage im all hear for ya

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Quote Originally Posted by KimbaWLion View Post
    I am a big Takahashi fan but for some reason I have never had a hankering for a Lum Pachi!
    I am sure you'll find one sooner or later!
    Good luck and Welcome to Pachitalk!
    Quote Originally Posted by yose View Post
    Welcome to pachitalk. Feel free to ask any questions concerning pachi's,as we have all been new to these machines at one time and are still learning about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaminor View Post
    WELCOME !!!

Thanks for the warm welcome!
    I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions, I just ordered a Urusei Yatsura Pachislo machine from Custom Pachinko. I know it's not a Pachinko machine, but it'll hold me over for a while.
    I guess it'll take a while to get some of the machines I want, but that's ok.
    There are a lot of very cool Pachinko games out there the Sankyo ones look really nice.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post
    Welcome to PachiTalk Steve!!

This is a very friendly site with very knowledgeable members, they will be happy to help with any questions you may have. There is a wealth of information to be found here and no question too silly, so ask away

Although PachiTalk has very few rules, the main one, to protect our members is:

(1) Currency Conversion of Pachislo Machines: Posts or Threads referring to currency conversion are strictly prohibited and will be removed immediately, Coin Conversion of Pachislo machines makes these machines illegal in many areas, Our goal is to promote the hobby and not to outlaw it.

The 2 vendors you have mentioned are PachiTalk Members and have had good reviews. There are threads / posts regarding these in the Vendor section I believe. Also they make announcements when new shipments are due in.

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself, it's always great to have new members join us but even better when they pop in to say hello!!

Thanks, I asked about the currency thing mainly because my wife wanted to use it as a type of bank. I was told this was a bad idea and not to do it.
    So the idea has been dropped and my wife understands it could be illegal and she doesn't want that.
    I don't want to break any laws or forum rules either.

This seems like a great forum with friendly members. I'm happy to be here.
    Steve

21. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Steve Cebu

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

23. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, great to be here! So much to learn and read. WoW!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a Lum pachinko. Not a great photo, but http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/memb...-yatsura2.html

Maybe hard to see, but Ataru is stepping out of a manga strip. Not the most colorful cell, but this version only has a 5 round bonus, which is what I like best about it. Better odds getting a bonus round, too. Not having to shuffle as many pachi balls at once is a plus.

I'd rate this as an about average pachi. Nothing really spectacular, but fun to play once in a while.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

26. The following user says "Thanks" to Ikaria

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the Site That Never Closes !! And to the "Dark Side" i.e. Pachinko machines "Come to the Dark Side, We Have Cookies " Vader .

As for saving for your next machine may I suggest that each time you and your wife play you have a jar that you put a little in every time You Two play .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

28. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard

Forever love is quite a new machine and still fetch quite a high price in Japan. In the past 2 years I have only seen 2 UY3 machines appear. But they are out there (somewhere) Its quite high on my wish list. As for the version of each model. Try to get the version with the highest payout but less probablity approx 1-316.
    Feel free to ask any questions - As these are the route to enlightenment There are quite a few anime fans here as well.
    Check out this link for pachislo/pachinko related stuff seat covers, banners, sales prom

うる星やつら

Cebu is an interesting name. I had my honeymoon in Cebu
    Ian #UKPachinko

30. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ikaria View Post

I have a Lum pachinko. Not a great photo, but http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/memb...-yatsura2.html

Maybe hard to see, but Ataru is stepping out of a manga strip. Not the most colorful cell, but this version only has a 5 round bonus, which is what I like best about it. Better odds getting a bonus round, too. Not having to shuffle as many pachi balls at once is a plus.

I'd rate this as an about average pachi. Nothing really spectacular, but fun to play once in a while.

I've seen that UY before it's similar to this one.
    http://www.okumura-yuuki.com/product.../pcl_ys_ps.jpg

It actually looks more like a UY based on the manga rather than the anime, so more traditional.

I would prefer this cell of the same game and is the one I am ordering
    http://www.okumura-yuuki.com/product...pcl_ys_psf.jpg

The payouts and such are not as important as the cell at least as far as this series goes for me.

There are some other pachi that look really fun as well. I am interested in the UY stuff as part of my collection.

As for saving for your next machine may I suggest that each time you and your wife play you have a jar that you put a little in every time You Two play .

Good idea! I'll suggest that to her, she's looking forward to us getting one of these. Too bad it's so long before the company goes to japan to buy more.

Ooh cookies!
    Last edited by Steve Cebu; 11-24-2011 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Forever love is quite a new machine and still fetch quite a high price in Japan. In the past 2 years I have only seen 2 UY3 machines appear. But they are out there (somewhere) Its quite high on my wish list. As for the version of each model. Try to get the version with the highest payout but less probablity approx 1-316.
    Feel free to ask any questions - As these are the route to enlightenment There are quite a few anime fans here as well.
    Check out this link for pachislo/pachinko related stuff seat covers, banners, sales prom

うる星やつら

Cebu is an interesting name. I had my honeymoon in Cebu

Thanks for the welcome, I was told Forever Love would be expensive, that's ok. Why would I want the model with the highest payout? I've seen those figures but don't understand the advantages except for the parlors & players who originally have them.

Thanks for the link I'll be sure to check it out.

My wife is from Cebu but my honeymoon was in Baguio. I lived in the Philippines for 5 years, great place, lot of fun.
    I spent almost 3 years in Cebu City, the rest in Pampanga on Luzon.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Seems you have been around! As to the other...

I know on some of the higher chance machines you have more bonus rounds.
    Say on a 399 machines you can have a 15 round fever but on say a 166 you many only get a fever round of 10.
    I know what is to REALLY want a machine and not be able to find it vs. afford it! My Cutie Honey was like that!
    I Searched and searched for about 2 years before a member here put one up and it was a at price on ebay where I Could afford it!
    Some of the other ones I want are JUST too pricey! Yamato CR3, Godannar etc... I have little doubt you will get what you really want though,
    it will just require patience and a little bit of luck!
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

34. The following user says "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast