Thread: Powerflash

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Powerflash

I usually don't start a thread until I have pics or videos to share, but I am having so much fun I wanted to share.

I have just completed doing a full-up restore of a thunderbird powerflash, except I am waiting for some backordered 24vdc bulbs to make the powerflash "flash". But in the process of testing everything and playing it I have to admit that I now understand for the first time why they are so desirable. I do enjoy playing my many pachinkos, but this one is a freaking blast. I can't even imagine the impact these must have had when they were first introduced.

Since I don't recall ever seeing a writeup on how it functions, I will post a brief synopsis for those unaware. At the top of the center attrraction is a jackpot hole, and when the ball goes in there it opens up all of the tulips on the board. Below it are two other paths that will either open all of the tulips on the left or all of the tulips on the right. On either side of the center attractions are two yellow "killer" tulips. If the ball goes into one of the killer tulips it closes all of the tulips on that side.

I will of course post pics and a video in the future once the bulbs come in and I get them working, but for now I am going to sign off and go back to playing. I had intended to restore it and sell it, but I don't think I will be able to part with it now that I see just how much fun it really is.

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Rival

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Powerflash

Been lots of write ups and posts about those machines on here. A year or more ago there was sort of a power flash frenzy here with lots coming up for sale. Mudfud has several excellent videos on them and even made one out of clear acrylic.
    Its a toss up for me as to which is more fun- a p flash or a p roulette. I restored and sold one awhile back. First resto I did and lots of fun.
    Last edited by emmadog; 11-21-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Powerflash

Just my humble opinion, but it seems even more fun with a cheat button that opens all the tulips...
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well maybe you needed a cheat button on yours. As for mine I was either so good (lot of Laughs) or the machine was set so loose that I never ran out of balls. I had to keep emptying the shooter as it would overflow out of the bottom and top and plug the machine. I never owned a power roulette but the next best thing to an arepachi is a powerflash. Mopar made me cabinents for mine and they were a blast.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah I'd agree that the powerflash and the power roulette are pretty cool. While I was picking up my lot of machines. The person I bought them from owned several powerflashes and a power roulette he showed me how they work and they are all really cool. I had never even heard of a power roulette till he had shown me his. But now I want one, unfortunently they don't come often and they are usually pretty expensive.

(Thanks John.)
    (Oh and nice cabinets Mopar those ones you build for John looked great. Sorry I forgot to tell you in person)

100 machines and counting...

9. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post

(Oh and nice cabinets Mopar those ones you build for John looked great. Sorry I forgot to tell you in person)
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead