Thread: Need help with my pachino!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Need help with my pachino!

Okay everything on my Nishijin b model was working fine. The jackpot holes would open and close fine when a ball would go in. Now the rose 1 won't even open anymore and the other doesn't close. Whats going on? How can I fix these? Possibly send you pictures of what I'm talking about. pic oo3 shows the rose that is closed. It is sappose to open once the ball enters a different hole. It opens and closes and when the ball goes in, it stays shut. picture 004 shows the red white pokadot wide open. It is sappose to shut once a ball goes inside. Nothing happens once a ball goes inside, idk what wrong. I had everything working fine. Also once it would close if a ball went into a different hole or pocket it would make it open. So my 2 problems are that the rose doesn't open at all and the other won't shut. Whats going on!?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need help with my pachino!

the linkage might me weak

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have never seen one with that setup. It is like a side tross plus. One of the guys that have dealt with something like this should be around soon to help.

I am sure it is dirt, something stuck in it, rust or a chance something got tweaked
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm think so possibly linkage is weak and i might have to enter through the back to clear it. But I think the linkage of the 2 pockets might be sticking ecause it was working before opening and closing. This is a Nishijin Super Deluxe Model B Lady Bug.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can you see how it works from the back? Very cool feature! If you take it apart to fix it, post pics.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes but the only way to actually get to the linkage is taking the back all apart. That can get confusing. This is a Nishijin model b happy day super deluxe lady bug side trossed. I had it all working fine, just recently has the 2 pockets been messing up. The left side trossed rose and the ride middle lady bug. I'm thinking it might be sticking or neede cleaning but I do not know how to disemble it without messing everything up. This model is one of my favorites and been restoring it. This is the last thing to do before it will be completely restored to 100%

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Speaking from experience, I think you have answered your own question several times; your best bet is to disassemble the machine and inspect the linkage on the back. Without seeing it in person, it sounds like the linkage that controls the ladybugs has become stuck with debris, or has somehow become disconnected. Either way, disassembly would be the logical step, in my opinion. You could remove the ladybug features from the front, but doing so will not show you the entire picture.

Once you have the machine apart, you could give all of the ball tracks and pivot points a good cleaning. We here at PachiTalk would be happy to assist you through the process and help you if you get stuck.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

8. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Glad to see ya found your way to posting...

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Last edited by Moparformances; 11-18-2011 at 11:57 AM.
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

considering that most of the mechanism's is stapled, how and what would be the best way to dissemble and re-assemble properly. I wish I could see like a video tutorial. I was thinking about just pulling the pocket off from the front. But I figured it's best to clean the whole linkage so this won't happen again. But just a little scared on disembling the whole thing. The last time I tried, a spring shot off and I had to put it back on. I just don't feel as if I could put it all back together once I was done. What would you consider the best way to dissemble?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The first machine restoration is always the most challenging, but also the most rewarding!!

I remove the staples with a small flat head screw driver and some needle nose pliers. When I reassemble, I replace the staples with zinc plated #4x3/8 round head wood screws (avail at ACE, Home Depot and Lowes). Take your time and snap a lot of pictures as you go. The pictures will help you figure out how things go together as you reassemble.

Here is a thread with a lot of tips that will help you: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vintage-pachinko/32963-tips-cleaning-your-vintage-pachinko-machine.html

V
    intage Pachinko ( Vintage Pachinko Home Page ) sells Restoration tutorial DVD's that you may also find helpful. You also have us to guide you along like we have done for many others before you.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

12. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm 1 piece from removing the whole back without really having to remove each and every individual part. I removed all stables and nails and am removing the whole back as one. There is still 1 piece that needs to be removed but I do not know how to. The silver piece that locks the balls in needs to be removed so the whole back can be removed. How do i remove that silver piece and put back together? I have a picture . p 004.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

there is a round 'E' clip that is holding it on. You will need to use small needle nose pliers and/or a small point tool to carefully remove it, then the silver pieces should slide off.

Pachi1.jpg
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well thank you to everyone that has helped me. I removed all of the back and completely re-assembled it back together. Now i'm awaiting the purchase of small screws to replace the holes where the staples once were. Thanks and have a Pachinko time!

17. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to brandonevans428