Thread: Pachislo UK Importers and UK sales

Blind Shooter www.5playleisure.co.uk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Pachislo UK Importers and UK sales

Hi Guys - It's been a while since I've been on here...It's been even longer since I looked into getting another couple of containers from overseas.

I still have around 50 machines left from the last lot - to be honest, I've not touched them since about 2008 as we've been concentrating in other areas (5playleisure.co.uk).

We've recently imported a whole load of football tables, mainly due to obtaining a large number of sites in a chain that requested one in each bar. I got talking to the chappy who was dealing with us, and it turned out he used to translate for Sankoind Industries, who apparently he thought have now stopped exporting?

I know people tend to want to keep this information "hush hush", but god knows why - anyone is welcome to import stuff, it just seems they don't want to...Well, I had my interests sparked again by various contacts, and would be interested in looking into getting a container or two over - especially as it seems the prices of buying elsewhere now is too high.

Could anyone suggest, post, or even PM me if you must and let me know who's currently doing the business now Sankoind have stopped - plus I don't want to be trusting the cash to just any unknown company.

I have plenty of space, but would consider splitting the container with someone - and in my experience, if you order TWO containers, you get a serious discount... It seems the UK needs a supplier that's willing to send these things out at cost plus 10-20% (rather than the cost + 80-100% that I keep seeing).

Cheers all...

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to www.5playleisure.co.uk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachislo UK Importers and UK sales

I would split and would be very interested. I cant do anything yet but I cannot believe there is noone in the uk doing this at the moment.
    If 5playleisure reads this or anyone else with information on uk importing.. pm me with any detail and pricing. Im new to this but I can see the potential for money.. I will have the money with inheritance.. and have always wanted to go Into business and know a lot about business (being in home arcade business for several years)

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't think there is a market that would bring in a profit for machines at the momemt. Although I've brought a few pachinko machines over rather than pachislo. Ever when sourcing them dirt cheap with the shipping it kills the price. yes a container full would be alot cheaper to ship, but how many would there be in the container. As the original post was dated 2011 and it states he still has stock from 2008, Thats a long time for the poduct to be sitting around.
    looking at the prices that sell (yes I mean sell, not the dreamers who think their machine is worth £500) The average price seems to be between £90-120 on ebay. Although thats a rubbish market place and I try never to sell anything there.

Don't get me wrong, others have imported pachislos to the UK using dragon fly, and paid over double that average, But thats because they had a machine they wanted and was willing to pay for it. But I don't think they would get a resell at anywhere near the same price.

Here's my example. I brought over a new Star Wars Advent Vader pachinko last year to the UK. Cleaned it myself, made a stand, installed battle counter. and put it up for sale. I just about got £350, minus ebays fees Taking into account this is the newer Star Wars, To my knowledge, there is only one other in the UK, and I have never seen that one or any others in the UK for sale, I thought I might get some bidding action, But no. it sold for the opening bid of £350.

Don't get me wrong, I think its a great idea, But it think to import 200-300 machines is a huge outlay, with a very specific market. You would need to get the right titles and prices, Or you will end up with expensive dead weight stock.

I'm looking to import the ToHeart2 pachislo either at the end of this year or next year. It will probably cost £600-800 to buy and ship. And I know that its will be a loss maker, I could never sell it in the future for anywhere close that price.
    Ian #UKPachinko

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ditto!!!

the market is just too slim in the UK to be a good business venture.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What the difference a day, er year or two makes. 5 Play Index is now an aquarium supply store. Ya think he might have a combo Sea Stories/Aquarium pachinko?
    Hey, that might be a joke, but maybe a good idea as well!
    Pachinko Aquariums!
    Naww, might be too traumatic for the fish.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Plus the balls go rusty
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by heima View Post
    What the difference a day, er year or two makes. 5 Play Index is now an aquarium supply store. Ya think he might have a combo Sea Stories/Aquarium pachinko?
    Hey, that might be a joke, but maybe a good idea as well!
    Pachinko Aquariums!
    Naww, might be too traumatic for the fish.
    To be honest Jamie has had the Aquarium website for a few years, it was active when he originally posted this thread

I did have a note of his email somewhere, but he can also be found on the UK pinball group

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for reply guys. I was reading that you can buy machines in bulk for as little as about $50 per machine (obviously nothing new) but the market is sooo empty.. they are selling for £150 for BASIC machines on ebay. The term is monopolised. The reason the uk market is crashed is because noone is selling regulaly and therefore setting the market trend. I will really have to weigh up the pros and cons and see if I can get a smaller load perhaps.
    thanks guys

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can get good machines in Japan for nearer £15-20. But the shipping is the killer. My cheapest Pachi was £3 to buy and £160 to ship. But slots are a lot heavier than my ball bearing friends.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm currently after a shake 2 slo. Prices are between £20-40 before the international shipping I really want one of them
    Ian #UKPachinko