Thanks Received

Smile time change tonite

change your clocks, don't forget to fall back an hour tonite
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

2. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: time change tonite

Why would I do that? It will still be the same time here tomorrow. At least they got something right around here - No DST!
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

​lucky, I hate time changes. the fall behind isnt so bad its the spring ahead that kills me

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry. We did ours last week
    Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yay, the DVD recorders clock is finally right again!!

I got it before Indiana had DST and so I turned off the automatic time change thingy when I first set it up and have been too lazy to change it since!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Where did the Hour go ??
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it didnt go any where. This morning I awoke to my alarm, I picked up my phone and reset the alarm to give me 15 more minutes. remembered what day it was so I turned the phone off and on again. I got to sleep for a whole other hour only good thing that comes of this.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I set my alarm for 8:30 to wake and get breakfast ready for dear hubby, who wanted to wake up at 9. That bugger was up and around before 7:30... but at least he made the coffee.
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is so annoying. Does anyone know the REAL reason for DST? I don't know anyone who likes changing time twice a year.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Rationale and original ideaThe main purpose of Daylight Saving Time (called "Summer Time" in many places in the world) is to make better use of daylight. We change our clocks during the summer months to move an hour of daylight from the morning to the evening. Countries have different change dates
    .A poll conducted by the U.S. Department of Transportation indicated that Americans liked Daylight Saving Time because "there is more light in the evenings / can do more in the evenings." A 1976 survey of 2.7 million citizens in New South Wales, Australia, found 68% liked daylight saving. Indeed, some say that the primary reason that Daylight Saving Time is a part of many societies is simply because people like to enjoy long summer evenings, and that reasons such as energy conservation are merely rationalizations
    Idea of Daylight Saving TimeThe idea of daylight saving was first conceived by Benjamin Franklin . during his sojourn as an American delegate in Paris in 1784, in an essay, "An Economical Project."Some of Franklin's friends, inventors of a new kind of oil lamp, were so taken by the scheme that they continued corresponding with Franklin even after he returned to America.
    The idea was first advocated seriously by London builder William Willett (1857-1915) in the pamphlet, "Waste of Daylight" (1907), that proposed advancing clocks 20 minutes on each of four Sundays in April, and retarding them by the same amount on four Sundays in September. As he was taking an early morning a ride through Petts Wood, near Croydon, Willett was struck by the fact that the blinds of nearby houses were closed, even though the sun was fully risen. When questioned as to why he didn't simply get up an hour earlier, Willett replied with typical British humor, "What?" In his pamphlet "The Waste of Daylight" he wrote:
    "Everyone appreciates the long, light evenings. Everyone laments their shortage as Autumn approaches; and everyone has given utterance to regret that the clear, bright light of an early morning during Spring and Summer months is so seldom seen or used."
    Early British laws and lax observance
    About one year after Willett began to advocate daylight saving (he spent a fortune lobbying), he attracted the attention of the authorities. Robert Pearce - later Sir Robert Pearce - introduced a bill in the House of Commons to make it compulsory to adjust the clocks. The bill was drafted in 1909 and introduced in Parliament several times, but it met with ridicule and opposition, especially from farming interests. Generally lampooned at the time, Willett died on March 4, 1915.
    Following Germany's lead, Britain passed an act on May 17, 1916, and Willett's scheme of adding 80 minutes, in four separate movements was put in operation on the following Sunday, May 21, 1916. There was a storm of opposition, confusion, and prejudice. The Royal Meteorological Society insisted that Greenwich time would still be used to measure tides. The parks belonging to the Office of Works and the London County Council decided to close at dusk, which meant that they would be open an extra hour in the evening. Kew Gardens, on the other hand, ignored the daylight saving scheme and decided to close by the clock.After World War I, Parliament passed several acts relating to Summer Time. In 1925, a law was enacted that Summer Time should begin on the day following the third Saturday in April (or one week earlier if that day was Easter Day). The date for closing of Summer Time was fixed for the day after the first Saturday in October.The energy saving benefits of Summer Time were recognized during World War II, when clocks in Britain were put two hours ahead of GMT during the summer. This became known as Double Summer Time. During the war, clocks remained one hour ahead of GMT throughout the winter. Opposition and obstacles
    Many people intensely dislike Daylight Saving Time. Frequent complaints are the inconvenience of changing many clocks and adjusting to a new sleep schedule. For most people, this is a mere nuisance, but some people with sleep disorders find this transition very difficult. Indeed, there is evidence that the severity of auto accidents increases and work productivity decreases as people adjust to the time change.

Americans now change back 1 week later so the trick er treaters are safer

Last edited by beachcat; 11-07-2011 at 08:32 AM.

15. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to beachcat

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well that is better than the one sentence guesses I've heard. I wish we would compromise and change 1/2 hr and be done with it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a video that explains it all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=84aWtseb2-4