Thread: Lentil Soup

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Lentil Soup

Tonight was one of our vegetarian nights. My wife tried a new recipe and it was a hit. The whole family loves Indian food so she made this along with our "naan bread substitute." We found it by accident and it's widely available here in the States. Tortilla bread. The brand locally is called Tia Rosa but I'm sure others make it, too. We found it to be very close to naan; we just heat them up on a skillet for a minute or so and smear them lightly with margarine or butter. It goes great with the soup.

The soup was spicy and actually very good. If you're a fan of split pea soup, this has the same consistency. Forgive me, no pictures and I'm just providing the link to the recipe my wife used, but it was good enough for me to post here!

Dal Shorva - Indian Lentil Soup
    A Hardy har har...

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Meathead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Lentil Soup

My husband makes something very similar to that... it is one of my favorites. He uses orange/yellow lentils for it.
    There is a new show on ABC that I have been enjoying, it is called The Chew. Daphne Oz made this soup the other day and everyone raved about it... I am going to try it soon... but you may want to give it a look as well, since it is very different.

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-che...-Chestnut-Soup
    Last edited by dattia; 11-03-2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Dawn

4. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia