Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PachisloUSA Autostop installation

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default PachisloUSA Autostop installation

Here's a pic of the board out of my Outlaw that I just installed the chip on.
    http://members.cox.net/cwstnsko/Photos/pusa_chip.jpg
    I had to look at a few traces to figure our which side of C9 to wire to since this board is a little different then the ones shown on the web site.
    You can see from the connector what my plans are to make the board removable without unsoldering things.

On a functional note, Has anyone got the credit mod working with a 2001/2002 era IGT machine? I worked on my Rattlesnake for a while and the autostop part works great, but the machine seems to have different voltages on the coin sensors than the chip is set up for

On another note, has anyone ever tried / thought of adding a battery to keep the chip powered when the machine is shut off, so you don't lose your settings? Does anyone know if this would even be feasible?
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Chris, very nice installation of the chip and cable. I also installed the same one in my Sea Story, but I did not solder to the board this time. I used two packs of Radio Shack mini test leads cut in half. I have two pictures that I would like to post showing how it looks, but I can't figure out where to upload the jpgs. Any help would be appreciated. I would be glad to share the photos and a brief description of the installation. Thanks...Dave.
    Last edited by Daveb; 03-14-2005 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, it did end up much cleaner looking than the one I bought on E-bay, but they both work the same, and you can't see the difference with the door closed anyway

The site doesn't allow users to post attachments, so you have to host the pictures separately and point to them with an image tag.

Alternatively, you may be able to get one of the moderators to upload them if you e-mail them the pictures
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cwstnsko very nice job. I used a 4 conductor male and female connector from Radio shack. But I like your setup a little better. Now what do you plug it into? An RJ14 telephone jack or a cord with a jack on the end of it.

I ended up buying an extra auto reel stop board from PachisloUSA for a spare. Just in case I messed up. Now I know what side to wire up C9. The board I used was the one on the web site.

I am still waiting for Spooner's mod? I think his father-in-law was having complications.
    *Babel*Azteca Legend*

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I bought one phone cord that is an extension cord so I'd have a socket to plug in to, but since I have a bunch of phone cords lying around, It's cheaper to cut the phone cord in half, wire one half to the machine, the other half to the board, then use a phone cord coupler to connect them to each other
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is what I guess is the best way to do you mod. I wish that there was some way that connector CN2 could be used. It would not be to difficult to desolder the connector. But where could a plug be acquired?

What did you use at the coin mech and joy stick? I just skinned the wire and soldered it at the coin mech and at the joy stick I used the green tap in Scotchlocks from Radio Shack. I was going to use them at the coin mech but the wire was too thin. I did not get a good connection.
    *Babel*Azteca Legend*

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I use the phone wire at the Joystick / Coin Sensor end as well.

On almost every machine I have, there is a board that most of the door wiring is connected to. It's not an active board, I think it just patches the thicker wiring to the ribbon cable. I like to remove this board, and solder the phone cable wires to the pins on the back side of the connectors from the joystick and coin sensors. I hot glue the phone cable to the back of the board for strain relief and when I'm done, all you see is an innocent piece of phone cord coming out from behind the board. If I ever want to return the machine to it's original state, I simply either remove the leads or clip them close, and it leaves no exposed cut wires or other evidence of having been modded.

CN2 is easy hi-jack. You just cut leads 14, 15 and 16 off IC U2, you then have 3 of the 4 pins at you disposal, and the 4th is a ground pin. The big question, as you stated is where to find the mating connector. I'm sure someone here can help
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cwstnsko
    I use the phone wire at the Joystick / Coin Sensor end as well.

On almost every machine I have, there is a board that most of the door wiring is connected to. It's not an active board, I think it just patches the thicker wiring to the ribbon cable. I like to remove this board, and solder the phone cable wires to the pins on the back side of the connectors from the joystick and coin sensors. I hot glue the phone cable to the back of the board for strain relief and when I'm done, all you see is an innocent piece of phone cord coming out from behind the board. If I ever want to return the machine to it's original state, I simply either remove the leads or clip them close, and it leaves no exposed cut wires or other evidence of having been modded.

CN2 is easy hi-jack. You just cut leads 14, 15 and 16 off IC U2, you then have 3 of the 4 pins at you disposal, and the 4th is a ground pin. The big question, as you stated is where to find the mating connector. I'm sure someone here can help
    Can you post a picture of that board for the coin sensor and joy stick of where you made the connections. I think that would be great mod.
    *Babel*Azteca Legend*

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sure, I can get a picture of 1 or 2 later. The board is a little different on each machine design, it's just the board that the stop buttons and joystick route to. The pins on the backside of the board are much easier to attach to than splicing the wires or trying to tie into the connector itself
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: PachisloUSA Autostop installation

Hi all.. I purchased several of the autostop chips from Pachislo USA. I installed the chip on the board and the auto stop part works great. I bought the chip mainley for the credit function. I want to hook it up but for some reason I can't access PachisloUSA.com to get the instructions. I copied the main instructions but not the part where pins 2-3-and 4 go. Did anyone copy the instructions that could email me a copy. Hopefull their site will be back up soon or my problem accessing them will clear up.

Thanks.. Tom
    ****Fever Queen**LasVegas **BeastSapp**Azteca Legend**Sublime**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I believe Rob's site is back up now.

http://pachislousa.com/instructions/...utostop-ad.htm
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I emailed you.

AL (czyotto)
    *Babel*Azteca Legend*

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the additional info.. I now have my mod fully functional and works great.
    I took my lead from cwstnsko's idea about using a telephone cord to wire up the wires that are on the door. I used the phone line coupler that cwstnsko would have to use to connect together the wires coming from the front connections and split it in half. I put the mod chip and chip socket in the back of the phone coupler and mounted the coupler on the board. My wires from the fromt will plug into the coupler mounted on the board.
    http://home.columbus.rr.com/tcordes/SMod1a.JPG

I am ready to add this mod to my Beast Sapp.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I put the links to three pictures showing my mods but they do not show up on the posting. So I must not be doing something correct to bring up the pictures.
    If someone knows what I am doing wrong I would like to know
    Thanks.. Tom

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Go to this link. http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3706

This should help in posting the pictures.
    *Babel*Azteca Legend*

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow! Nice job and nice pics!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Once you copy the links of the pics, just highlight them and select the yellow picture icon at the top of the editor. It will bring up a window with your link in it, just click okay..
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tulsa: If you edited my post for showing my pics.. Thank You
    After you edited them they are all the same.
    They should be
    First-- http://home.columbus.rr.com/tcordes/SMod1a.JPG
    second-- http://home.columbus.rr.com/tcordes/SMod1b.JPG
    third--- http://home.columbus.rr.com/tcordes/SMod1c.JPG

I would show them here, but no reason to have to bring up the pictures in this reply.
    Please edit that if you can as I can not get in edit mode now.

After I type in my links, as above in this message there is not a yellow picture icon at the top of this box... not sure why not.
    Thanks... Tom
    Last edited by pachitom; 03-19-2005 at 02:46 PM. Reason: adding text

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very nice idea. I would be very interested in the other pics. Also the other side of this pic.

What machine did you use this on? If the Azteca how did it work out with the LCD screen?
    Last edited by Czyotto; 03-19-2005 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Add more info
    *Babel*Azteca Legend*

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Czyotto... Yes my first mod was on my Azteca Legend. It did not make any change to the LCD screen. All functions are accessed by the three reel stop buttons and the play lever.

The only problem I had with the mod installation was the hookup wire that solders to the resistors and capacitor on the board was to large of wire gauge and too stiff. When I do my Beast Sapp I will use a smaller wire.

Tom (PachiTom)
    Last edited by pachitom; 03-19-2005 at 03:18 PM. Reason: delete text

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast