Thread: POLL: Do You Find My Craigslist Posting Useful??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default POLL: Do You Find My Craigslist Posting Useful??

Greetings!!

For some time now I have been scanning Craigslist across the U.S. on a daily basis and have been reposting ads for Pachinko machines in this forum, using my own personal criteria to determine what I repost. Since I am a "vintage" guy, I tend to focus most on vintage machines, however I do also post moderns and early moderns when I think the price is good.

For the most part, my selection criteria is simple:
    • For vintage machines I focus most on those that are selling for $50 or less (unless it is something out of the ordinary or something that would be considered as a collectible - i.e. Arrange ball or Power Flash). Next I look at the theme and condition. If the machine is "blah", damaged or missing significant parts, then I skip posting it. If the ad doesn't have a picture, then I generally will not repost it (although sometimes I will contact the seller and request a picture if the ad sounds interesting).
    • When it comes to early moderns, I focus most on those that are priced at $175 or less. I also tend to post all hanemono machines, as there are several PachiTalk members I know of who collect them. With regards to dejipachis (sp?), I do not know of anyone who collects them, so I skip most.
    • For moderns, I am not well versed in them so I seldom know what to post. As a result, I post very few of them because most seem to be overpriced to me. Of the moderns I do post, they are usually collectibles such as Star Wars and the like.
    • What about Pachislo machines you ask? I am a fish out of water with those and do not have them listed in my searchbot, therefore I do not see many Pachislo ads. Sorry.

Here is where you all come in...

What I would like to know from this community is simple: Do you find the ads I repost useful? If so, how can I adjust my selection criteria to "tune out" some of the ads that are considered by you as junk? Also, how can I adjust my selection criterea to include more ads that you would be interested in? What search terms would you suggest I add to my searchbot?

I have both the time and desire to continue 'hunting' for Pachinkos on Craigslist each day and reposting the ads, however I want to make sure that the ads I repost here are useful to others and that I am providing a valuable service to this community, not just spamming you. Please let me know if I should continue, and what changes I can make so the posts are more meaningful to each of you.

Thanks!

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

2. The following 16 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4