Thread: Sanyo Bussan Comet II missing electronics.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sanyo Bussan Comet II missing electronics.

I just purchased a pachinko machine on craigslist for $30. It seems to be working well mechanically, but all the electronic wires are cut. Would someone be able to give information on what I need to get this fully running again? Or maybe even some schematics, since I have a friend willing to fix it. I hardly know anything about Pachinko Machines. I played one when I was younger(15 years ago), and I have always wanted my own since then. Here are two pictures of the back of it to help diagnose issues.
    20111017_131609.jpg20111017_13152.jpg
    Thank You!

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Super3dcow

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sanyo Bussan Comet II missing electronics.

Welcome to PachiTalk! Thanks for taking the time to become a member on our forum.

Congrats on your first machine! When you have a moment, please post some pictures of the front, as we love to learn about all of the machines we can. As far as the lights go, they are really pretty simple. Think of a loop with the light at one end, and the power source on the other. One side of the loop has a switch installed to turn the light on or off, depending on the state of the switch. That is really all there is to it.

There is a diagram within the first post of this link that you could use as a basic schematic: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...-nishijin.html

When it comes to a power source, I personally connect mine up to a standard 9 volt battery and they work like a champ. You could also use an old power converter from a calculator or some other device as long as the power output matches the voltage of the bulb you use (i.e. 9v, 10, etc). Radio Shack is a great place to find the parts you will need.

Again, welcome to the Pachinko Family! Please visit us daily and post often!

Jeff
    Last edited by JACKSJE4; 10-17-2011 at 02:00 PM.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

we love pictures
    Last edited by Moparformances; 10-17-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Heheh, alright. Here is the machine from the front. I searched online, but couldn't find any that looked exactly the same. And are the electronics really for only lights? I didn't even know it had lights. It only had 11 balls in it, so I guess I should buy a bunch from somewhere to test if the payouts and whatnot are all functioning as well.
    20111016_00231.jpg

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Super3dcow

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes - the electrical is only for the lights. The machine does not need electrical for play, however the lights do add to the excitement when you score a jackpot. Regarding the balls, you will need a minimum of 500 to get the machine to work, but I recommend 1,000 to allow you to play for a bit before needing to refill the top hopper again. You can buy balls pretty cheaply on eBay and in various quantities, however the more you buy, the cheaper "per ball" price you will get. If you find some for $0.05 per ball after shipping, then you did good.

That is a really nice looking machine, and one I have not yet seen. Keep in mind that many of these machines are unique in several ways, so to find an exact match to yours would be very difficult, if not impossible.
    Last edited by JACKSJE4; 10-17-2011 at 02:43 PM.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

9. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

500!? Holy cow. I was planning on getting 100-200. Any way that 250 might be enough?

And thank you for all your help. Hopefully everything will work when I get more balls.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

250 will allow you to play for short bits.. you will be refilling the top hopper quite often...

i agree with 500 minimum.. and the back hopper will hold 1000...

if ya can swing it get the most ya can...

since ya went out and bought one cause ya knew you would like it go for it.. the shipping is what kills it for me... ya can get 1000 in a small flat rate box so shipping is the same no matter what ya get...
    Last edited by Moparformances; 10-17-2011 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead