Thread: Check out my new iPhone app - Pachinko Palooza

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Check out my new iPhone app - Pachinko Palooza

I've always liked playing vintage pachinko machines, so I decided to create one that I could play anywhere. I did my best to create the feel of an old time machine. I hope you like it!

On the iPhone app store - search for Pachinko Palooza

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to nikruD

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Check out my new iPhone app - Pachinko Palooza

Welcome to the PachiTalk forum!! We are glad to have you as a member. Also, thanks for taking the time to create and develop another "virtual" pachinko game for the iToy crowd.

I did download and play the game, and overall i though it was a good start. However, I do think there is some room for improvement. First, you should know that I already have several Pachinko games on my iPhone and i do play them somewhat regularly, so i was inclined to compare yours to the three i already have: Classic Pachinko, Pachinko Masamuura, and Pachinko 9-Eagle. I think your app compares closest to the Classic Pachinko game.

The features i like best about your game is that you have an animated ball tray on the front, and you hear the noises the ball makes as it bounces on the nails. That makes the experience authentic, in my opinion. I also like the large variety of the settings you built in, such as the ability to change the ball color, and the "Moving nails of death" which brought a whole new dimension to playing Pachinko!

The one thing that struck me as odd right off the bat though was the ball movement when you flicked the lever; the balls move slowly up the ramp until they reach the 9 o'clock position, then they speed up significantly. Perhaps that is an easy fix. Also, when you compare your game to the Classic Pachinko game, the graphics and ball bounce movement is somewhat primitive.

I felt it would be best to leave my initial feedback for you here in this forum rather than in the app store where potential buyers would see it. I will continue to play it and provide you with additional feedback (good and bad) so that you can enhance the game into the premier virtual pachinko game for the iToy world. . As i said above, i think you are off to a strong and good start with version 1.0, and as an old school software developer I can appreciate how much time, effort and work went into this app.

Again, welcome to the PachiTalk family and thanks again for contributing a fun game to the app world. I am looking forward to seeing your next version, as well as any other games you create in the future.

Jeff
    Last edited by JACKSJE4; 10-16-2011 at 10:18 AM.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the review! Any feedback is welcome and I'll check into the items you mentioned. I'd love to hear more from you or anyone that's played it about all of the features in the game.

I'm glad you liked the animated ball tray instead of just a digital readout of how many balls are left - that feature along with being able to refill the ball reservoir on the backside of the machine were very important to me for creating the proper feel of the older machines.

What do you think about some of the other features like the timers on the bonus targets or the 3 different ways of shooting the balls onto the playfield? I look forward to hearing from everyone!

6. The following user says "Thanks" to nikruD

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First off I love the idea about the app. but I don't own an Iphone or an Ipad so I can't play it . Is there any way you could possibly make it downloadable for an android?

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On the Android version - I would have to purchase the license for that version of the software, plus whatever fees to get setup on that app store. It's a possibility in the future, we'll see how it goes. Thanks for your interest, though.On the first reviewers comments: - Yes, the speed of the ball does pick up at the 9 o'clock position going up the ramp, but I don't feel it detracts from the game play at all. - While I agree that the graphics could be better optimized for the retina and HD displays (hopefully in the next release), I don't think the ball movement is primitive. I spent a lot of time trying to match a real ball bouncing and falling through a set of pins (not too much bounce, falling at the proper speed, etc)Hopefully you find the game as entertaining as I do, with enough options to always make it interesting.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I echo all of Jacksje4's comments.

But the game is unique with its ball tray etc so I bought the full version.

The last conversation here at PT with nikruD was several months ago. I hope he/she checks this forum/thread every so often, as I feel his game has real potential but I disagree with nikruD's assessment. The ball action coming from the shooter is very annoying and I find that it definetly detracts from play. Some of his sounds are good and authentic while some of the others are repetitve and out of place which makes it even more annoying.

I felt $0.99 was a fair price for the unique features and I will play it once in a while.

The sound is a big thing in these iOS pachinko games with me, and I also gave all the games by his compeditor MAKING Co,Ltd a ho-hum rating because I found their sound was utterly terrible, annoying and unbearable but I consider their playfield graphics very good. 2 out of 3 of these games were mentioned in Jacksje4's post.

There's only one iOS vintage pachinko game I really like very well which has both good graphics and sound, but I don't really want to mention its name here for respect of nikruD. I play that favorite one fairly often, at least once every few days.

I am hoping Pachinko Palooza might be updated and fixed... in which case I'd gladly and instantly give 5 stars and an enthusiastic glowing review. As it its I left only a 3 star rating with my honest review... which echos some of what is mentioned here.
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSteveFury

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just downloaded the app a couple of days ago. I have been enjoying it but have to agree that the action out of the shooter and the sounds really do take away from the game a bit. Still very playable and I do enjoy it. Would love to see an update though to fix the small problems.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was just looking through the google app store and was surprised to see this app there. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...9wYWxvb3phIl0.

Just thought I'd share that it is now available for the android. (Unfortunately it isn't compatible with my phone. )

100 machines and counting...

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I use this one for Android and its REALLY sweet if you like Moderns! Its called Moe Pachinko and in Japanese so Its what I am use to already. Give this one a go!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.s_moep&hl=en

This you can find 2 other pachinko games as well a Pachislot too!
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you so much KimbaWlion!

I downloaded it directly to my phone on the Play Google application. As a tip for others, you can do a search within Play Google for the developer "NHN JAPAN" to find it within the store. That's a lot easier than trying to search using the Japanese radicals!
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSteveFury

18. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to SteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I tried it wish it was mor like a modern one tho

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are a few modern Pachinko simulations available for the iPhone.

We listed several of them in a thread awhile ago. I will see if I can find the link for you.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

search both パチンコ and "pachinko" - quite a few Japanese simulators have shown up in the last month or so. Aquarion 3, Evangelion 7, Ultraman Taro, Sankyo Fever King Blade... Of course the first three are pretty expensive. But much cheaper than the actual machines. And they contain all of the actual content from the machines. Eva 7 is about a 2 gig download... A decent Kenrimono at 4-5 bucks - Fruit Passion (actual Daichi machine)... Then there's a couple free ones - Pachinko Eagle X (Hanemono) and Lucky Clune X (Ippatsu-Dai)
    Woof!

22. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Chumsize